30-11-2012, 08:53 AM
RE: If "Mom" = "Mum"...
I use mum, and I live in the US.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2012, 09:17 AM
I use both mom and mum, and I am from the U.S.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2012, 10:01 AM
(30-11-2012 09:17 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I use both mom and mum, and I am from the U.S.
I also am bi-mumual. It depends.
If I buy some bums, (mums) for bum (mum), (said with plugged nose, like I have a bad cold), in the Fall, then I call her "bumb".
If it's just a regular time of year, then it's "mom", or if I know she's listening, but not part of the conversation, it's
"she who must not be crossed". Tongue I usually get whacked in the head for that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-11-2012, 10:06 AM
If "Mom" = "Mum"...
(30-11-2012 03:23 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  What about those of us who say Mam? What are we? Chopped liver? Angry

Bad spellers?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
30-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Ma.

As in Ma & Pa Kettle; they'll learn you a thing or two... Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
30-11-2012, 10:09 AM
If "Mom" = "Mum"...
(30-11-2012 10:01 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-11-2012 09:17 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I use both mom and mum, and I am from the U.S.
I also am bi-mumual. It depends.
If I buy some bums, (mums) for bum (mum), (said with plugged nose, like I have a bad cold), in the Fall, then I call her "bumb".
If it's just a regular time of year, then it's "mom", or if I know she's listening, but not part of the conversation, it's
"she who must not be crossed". Tongue I usually get whacked in the head for that.

Apparently you've said it a lot during your early years. That splains the brain damage. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-11-2012, 05:05 PM
I have a Mom and Dad, my grandparents and great-grandparents were all Mamaw and Papaw, except my father's mother who was Maw.

01-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Mother Dear.

Mama

Ma

Moms (not to be plural)

mommy (or mummy, but that doesn't sound good Confused )

Mostly I say Mom, but runner up is Mother/Mother Dear (jokingly).
01-12-2012, 04:41 PM
(30-11-2012 01:46 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  ...does "Mommy" = "Mummy?" Huh

I have had it revealed to me as I had a fascinating evening of alteration, that the world should not be divided by race, creed, gender, etc., etc.. No, rather, instead, the world is indeed divided by two kinds of people: Those who say "mum" and those who say "mom."

Which shall ye be? On whose side will you stand at the Last Great Day?

So I saw this title and said, "Ok, this has got to be Erx again, and now he's gonna' ask, "Does that mean Dom = Dum?" I was reeeeaaallllly surprised you didn't...and you're lucky, because now I won't have to trounce you. Sleepy

I've only heard "Mum" used by British-English speakers. I grew up with 'Mom' and 'Ma' and since moving to Florida 12 years ago occasionally call her 'Mama.'

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2012, 04:54 PM
(01-12-2012 04:41 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  
(30-11-2012 01:46 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  ...does "Mommy" = "Mummy?" Huh

I have had it revealed to me as I had a fascinating evening of alteration, that the world should not be divided by race, creed, gender, etc., etc.. No, rather, instead, the world is indeed divided by two kinds of people: Those who say "mum" and those who say "mom."

Which shall ye be? On whose side will you stand at the Last Great Day?

So I saw this title and said, "Ok, this has got to be Erx again, and now he's gonna' ask, "Does that mean Dom = Dum?" I was reeeeaaallllly surprised you didn't...and you're lucky, because now I won't have to trounce you. Sleepy

I've only heard "Mum" used by British-English speakers. I grew up with 'Mom' and 'Ma' and since moving to Florida 12 years ago occasionally call her 'Mama.'

Yup.
And we say 'mum' 'cos it's short for 'muvver'.

Sor'ed

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post