If Prayer Worked, Science Wouldn't

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
13-02-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: If Prayer Worked, Science Wouldn't
(12-02-2015 04:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I know lots of people who had something "disappear" after a healing service or prayer -- including new agers, and atheists who didn't pray at all, and the doctors were gobsmacked.

Those medical reports should be front page news. Can you offer up any news articles or news videos with these godsmacked doctors or miraculously cured patients?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2015, 08:18 AM
(13-02-2015 08:06 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 04:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I know lots of people who had something "disappear" after a healing service or prayer -- including new agers, and atheists who didn't pray at all, and the doctors were gobsmacked.

Those medical reports should be front page news. Can you offer up any news articles or news videos with these godsmacked doctors or miraculously cured patients?

Do you know what disappears more often than anything else??

Q -- when confronted with a request for documentation.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-02-2015, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2015 09:29 AM by H4ym4n.)
(13-02-2015 08:06 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  

Hey Q, something disappear

Any news about doctors being gobsmacked over arms and legs reappearing.

You're just to blinded to see your fail.

13-02-2015, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2015 09:33 AM by Full Circle.)
(13-02-2015 08:18 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(13-02-2015 08:06 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  Those medical reports should be front page news. Can you offer up any news articles or news videos with these godsmacked doctors or miraculously cured patients?

Do you know what disappears more often than anything else??

Q -- when confronted with a request for documentation.

That was balls-on accurate.

I’ve been asking for a fucking citation on his preposterous claims for a week and all I’ve gotten is the Texas Sidestep.

“I hear him talking but nothing comes in.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
13-02-2015, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2015 08:42 PM by Full Circle.)
I am amazed at the amount of psychics where I live. For a small town they are five within 10 miles. We also have about as many churches.

Consider I would like to know how many church goers also go to psychics. I think that if you asked everyone who stepped into a psychic parlor if they attended church the vast majority would say yes.

How does that jive with Jesus?

New slogan: Jiving with Jesus

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-02-2015, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2015 04:40 PM by SajaaK.)
It's funny how most of god's so called miracles are limited to what can happen naturally...i.e. cancer can go into remission on its own, even though it's rare. Or that it could be treated to the point where it's gone. It's rare. Yeah. But possible in the natural world, no god needed.

Yet we never see impossibilities such as amputees or people born with tetra-amelia syndrome regrowing limbs or grievously injured car crash victims arriving to the hospital completely unscathed.

My mom had mouth cancer at the age of 5. She was given a poor prognosis, but the doctors offered a radical procedure to remove the cancer. They went through with it. My mom became cancer free. Guess who her parents thanked? Just take a wild guess.

"Oh, but god must have given the doctors the knowledge to remove the cancer!"

Why is it god couldn't have done that thousands of years ago, sparing the lives of millions of others, but conveniently does so after medical sciences had progressed to the point where it would be possible? Why couldn't he have done it a few years earlier to save another little girl? Why is it people still die from the cancer anyway, especially if they don't have the necessary funds to receive adequate treatment? Did they not pray hard enough? All part of god's glorious plan?

It's easy to come up with a personal account of, say, someone's cancer miraculously disappearing overnight. Some people misdiagnose themselves when they discover a lump on their body. Many lumps are benign and go away on their own. Sometimes even overnight!

But then we have those people claiming their stage-4 cancer had miraculously disappeared? Where are the medical reports? That kind of stuff would be breaking news, and yet we don't hear a peep about it (cept from conveniently untestable, unverifiable personal testimony).

Anyhow, you can continue to pretend 100% recovery from a stage 4 cancer that has metastasised to most of the body's organs can disappear like it was nothing. I'm still waiting for the personal account of an amputee regrowing their arm.
[+] 2 users Like SajaaK's post
13-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Yeah I never got the whole 'God gave the doctor skillz' argument.

Why go to the doctor then, just go to your neighbour and have god give him the skills instead.

No one ever need go to medical school if god can dish out know-how like that.
13-02-2015, 06:34 PM
(12-02-2015 04:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Or you can simply listen to your own point and see if you feel god might be in the anomalies!

Please, please, please, moderators, can we not send Q into perdition? His smug, annoyingly pleasant ministrations are a curse!

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
[+] 1 user Likes claywise's post
16-02-2015, 05:15 AM

(13-02-2015 08:06 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  Hey Q, something disappear

Any news about doctors being gobsmacked over arms and legs reappearing.

You're just to blinded to see your fail.

[Image: asset_zps0e9ac7c0.jpg]
16-02-2015, 09:22 AM
(13-02-2015 06:34 PM)claywise Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 04:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Or you can simply listen to your own point and see if you feel god might be in the anomalies!

Please, please, please, moderators, can we not send Q into perdition? His smug, annoyingly pleasant ministrations are a curse!

I put him on ignore, after having read James Randi's book The Faith Healers he details that any claim for healing must have a certified medical diagnosis BEFORE an attempted faith healing and AFTER an alleged faith healing. Once you try to pin down actual evidence for these claims, they all evaporate under he said/she said, there's no real substance to any of them.

Faith healing is a dangerous scam, when someone does this fraudulent practice, the person receiving the alleged healing puts faith in the alleged healer. Any responsible person must legally and ethically tell the person to go to their doctor to get a real medical diagnosis for their condition as well as telling them to continue taking their medication. Randi tells in the book a couple of stories where people have died after they stopped taking their medication after seeing a faith healer for their condition. This is very bad and very wrong! There is not one documented instance of true faith healing, it is just a scam perpetrated on naive people that sometimes cost them their lives!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post