03-04-2013, 09:00 AM
RE: If Seth is not here...
Cause "SETH DOESN'T POST HERE!!!!" is not obvious enough... Dodgy

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Jeesh, if everyone who started an idea had to tend it til the day they die, we'd be getting nowhere.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
03-04-2013, 09:20 AM
I'll tend to my idea that "Gwyneth Paltrow is god" foreverz... the other crap I come up with, not so much. Angel

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Soylen Green Is People!!!!!!!!!!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
03-04-2013, 12:39 PM
(03-04-2013 12:19 AM)Egor Wrote:  If Seth Andrews doesn't read the forum he started, why are we all still here? Apparently, the forum can't be updated, it can't be changed, no one's in charge, so why not start another forum?

I used to donate to this site, but I can no longer find a donation button anywhere. Seriously, let's start another forum. Just tell everyone to migrate over.

Cause this isn't the Cult of Seth Andrews. TTA is multileveled and Seth (though the founder) is not involved with all (or even most) of the projects. The TTA Facebook page is run by Meg even though Seth does ocasionaly post on it. The forum is run by several people and is not abandoned (to see an abandoned forum please refer to your own)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 12 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Seth is with us, you need to have faith in that.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 14 users Like Anjele's post
03-04-2013, 07:19 PM

(03-04-2013 07:01 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  The forum does get updated regularly. Me and hughsie are in charge.

The donate button can be found on every other tab on the thinking atheist homepage except the main one for some reason. But that side of the site has nothing to do with us.

Also what Bucky said. You should go ahead and do that.

I'm not going anywhere. If you have your finger on the ban button, then ban me. Otherwise...get over it or heal over it.

I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense to have a forum dedicated to someone who won't even participate in it--or read it. It's his forum, but you all aren't his disciples, and it almost seems a little insulting doesn't it?

And I'm not suggesting migrate to my forum. That's not what my forum is for. I'm just wondering why you all hang out here in his forum which generates traffic for his book and his donation button and his online store.

Maybe you have a good reason. I'm just wondering what it is.
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 07:26 PM

(03-04-2013 12:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Cause this isn't the Cult of Seth Andrews.

Well, that's kind a what it looks like. Don't you think?

Quote:The forum is run by several people and is not abandoned (to see an abandoned forum please refer to your own)

I have thought about shutting down my forum, but I think in a year or so, things may turn around and I'd want to have had a forum with all the bugs worked out already up and running. So, it's there with its four active members--fully functional.

And it does serve one purpose: I can have a serious debate over there. I can't get that in Christian forums because I'll be banned. I can't get that here, because there's only a few people posting here capable of having an intelligent debate, and the rest make a lot of background noise.

My forum is there, and I take care of it and post in it before I even look at my e-mail. So, if someone wants to debate me--that's the place to do it.

Right now, a busy forum would not be the ideal thing. I think right now, being out in lots of different forums is the way to go.
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 07:26 PM
So uh, this just randomly bothered you now, but it hasn't for the past year and a half you've been here?

(03-04-2013 07:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense to have a forum dedicated to someone who won't even participate in it--or read it. It's his forum, but you all aren't his disciples, and it almost seems a little insulting doesn't it?

Are you just beginning to realize that atheism, as a viewpoint, doesn't provide a means for forming a cult of personality? It's not really his forum either, he has little to do with how the forum looks and operates the way it has for most of its history.

Quote:And I'm not suggesting migrate to my forum. That's not what my forum is for. I'm just wondering why you all hang out here in his forum which generates traffic for his book and his donation button and his online store.

Because we have a fully operational forum with a community we enjoy. What's the point of laboring over constructing a copy site if the foundation is already here? Is it really worth the effort just because the forums aren't dedicated to Seth and Seth doesn't make an appearance?

[Image: giphy.gif]
03-04-2013, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 12:04 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-04-2013 07:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 07:01 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  The forum does get updated regularly. Me and hughsie are in charge.

The donate button can be found on every other tab on the thinking atheist homepage except the main one for some reason. But that side of the site has nothing to do with us.

Also what Bucky said. You should go ahead and do that.

I'm not going anywhere. If you have your finger on the ban button, then ban me. Otherwise...get over it or heal over it.

I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense to have a forum dedicated to someone who won't even participate in it--or read it. It's his forum, but you all aren't his disciples, and it almost seems a little insulting doesn't it?

And I'm not suggesting migrate to my forum. That's not what my forum is for. I'm just wondering why you all hang out here in his forum which generates traffic for his book and his donation button and his online store.

Ah yes. Making up more shit, your Greenishness, and talking about that which you have no clue. Jealous are we, Egsy, your Greenishness ? No one goes to your idiot place, and even YOU have to come here. You have no idea if Seth reads the forum posts. Has he ever been in contact with you ? No. Has he with some others ? Yes. I would think the god(s) talking in your head would tell you something useful once in a while, oh great Founding Chaplian Dick Brother Dick Great First Pope Dick of the Church of the Green Dick.
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)