If Seth is not here...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 07:40 PM
RE: If Seth is not here...
(03-04-2013 07:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense to have a forum dedicated to someone who won't even participate in it--or read it. It's his forum, but you all aren't his disciples, and it almost seems a little insulting doesn't it?
It's not dedicated to someone, it's dedicated to the subject of atheism.

And you feel disciples aren't getting shafted by God? Consider

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
03-04-2013, 07:42 PM
(03-04-2013 07:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm not going anywhere. If you have your finger on the ban button, then ban me. Otherwise...get over it or heal over it.

Ban you. Nah that would just feed into your delusion that you are a prophet of god, and not someone with mental health issues.

(03-04-2013 07:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense to have a forum dedicated to someone who won't even participate in it--or read it. It's his forum, but you all aren't his disciples, and it almost seems a little insulting doesn't it?

And I'm not suggesting migrate to my forum. That's not what my forum is for. I'm just wondering why you all hang out here in his forum which generates traffic for his book and his donation button and his online store.

Maybe you have a good reason. I'm just wondering what it is.

The forum may have been founded by Seth and may have links to him, but his work and the forum are separate entity's that share a name.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
03-04-2013, 07:47 PM
(03-04-2013 07:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 12:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Cause this isn't the Cult of Seth Andrews.

Well, that's kind a what it looks like. Don't you think?

No.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Chas's post
03-04-2013, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 09:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-04-2013 07:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 12:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Cause this isn't the Cult of Seth Andrews.

Well, that's kind a what it looks like. Don't you think?

More like the cult of Bob if you ask GirlyMan, bitch. ... Bow before yourself and admit that you are your own personal Lord and Savior before Girly beats that shit into you. Tongue

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-04-2013, 10:04 PM
(03-04-2013 07:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  I have thought about shutting down my forum

I'm glad you didn't.

I like it. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
04-04-2013, 12:20 AM
(03-04-2013 07:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 07:01 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  The forum does get updated regularly. Me and hughsie are in charge.

The donate button can be found on every other tab on the thinking atheist homepage except the main one for some reason. But that side of the site has nothing to do with us.

Also what Bucky said. You should go ahead and do that.

I'm not going anywhere. If you have your finger on the ban button, then ban me. Otherwise...get over it or heal over it.

I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense to have a forum dedicated to someone who won't even participate in it--or read it. It's his forum, but you all aren't his disciples, and it almost seems a little insulting doesn't it?

And I'm not suggesting migrate to my forum. That's not what my forum is for. I'm just wondering why you all hang out here in his forum which generates traffic for his book and his donation button and his online store.

Maybe you have a good reason. I'm just wondering what it is.

Ok, I'll play along.

We don't simply move because Seth is an active atheist promoting atheism and we are willing to support him in his endeavor of fighting theism even if he doesn't post here.
We also don't simply move to another forum because this is where we all post. The saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
04-04-2013, 01:20 AM

(03-04-2013 10:04 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 07:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  I have thought about shutting down my forum

I'm glad you didn't.

I like it. Smile

Me, too, actually. It's quiet! A real conversation can be had. It may not always stay that way, but for now it's good.

Thanks for your participation by the way. You really think through your beliefs and the implications of them--few ever do that.

(04-04-2013 12:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ok, I'll play along.

We don't simply move because Seth is an active atheist promoting atheism and we are willing to support him in his endeavor of fighting theism even if he doesn't post here.

We also don't simply move to another forum because this is where we all post. The saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here.

That's probably a good point. I was just wondering. Angel

Hasta.
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2013, 07:19 PM
(03-04-2013 12:19 AM)Egor Wrote:  If Seth Andrews doesn't read the forum he started, ...

Who the fuck is Seth? No one special methinks. ... And why exactly should I give a shit whether he participates here or not?

Noonespecial at the Rally to Restore Reason/March to Keep Fear Alive on the National Mall.
[Image: seth-1.jpg]

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-04-2013, 07:55 PM

Not unlike your church and your Jebus. In fact EXACTLY like your church and your Jebus. He doesn't participate in anything, and look at the handstands you people do for him. Talk about insulting. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Living daily with the high tragedy of being #2 on Laramie Hirsch's ignore list.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-04-2013, 09:12 PM
But some of us have met Seth, in person, we have pictures. We can at least prove that he exists.

And I am pretty sure he wrote his book...unlike Jebus.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

Woofs hasn't changed my signature because of his banning.
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post