If Trump gets elected, what country should I move to?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2015, 09:41 AM
If Trump gets elected, what country should I move to?
[Image: 1122b87bea22efd35ad552dd324d3be3.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like jason_delisle's post
18-12-2015, 09:43 AM
RE: If Trump gets elected, what country should I move to?
(17-12-2015 06:22 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  As per title and keep in mind this is only a hypothetical question, Is there a country you guys can suggest that we all move to if that happens? What would be a good alternative? I am TERRIFIED of going anywhere near Australia because....SPIDERS! The very idea of seeing acres ( or whatever it is for metric) of land where all the tree's are covered in white and that white isn't snow but spider webs with millions of them in each tree.

England might be good but I heard it's really expensive there and terribly difficult for foreigners to move into and get started on a new life without already having some sort of high paying job offer before going in.

I am not too keen on having to learn a new language as that might make getting work really hard and just put me back into food service where I have been perpetually stuck my whole life.

Any suggestions? Norway? Denkark maybe? Is the Netherlands a good place to be?
I hear New Zealand is like Australia without all the poisonous stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
18-12-2015, 09:56 AM
(18-12-2015 02:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 02:34 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I can't even seem to get a hold of the $3,000 I desperately need to pay off my credit cards lol. Let alone being able to acquire 2 mil lol. But if I do, I am moving to Pitcairn.

I am also seeing a LOT more votes for Canada than I ever expected to see. So, I guess Canada it is, now...WHERE in Canada land eh?

90% of Canada's population lives within 100 miles of their border with the United States. If you don't mind bad French, Quebec. If you cannot stand bad French, everywhere else.

Linguistically speaking, metropolitan French is less traditional and has changed more over the years than Québec French has. It just happens to be the dominant language in France (which it wasn't at the time Québec came to be), and is therefore perceived as being more correct by comparison Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
18-12-2015, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2015 10:01 AM by yakherder.)
Québec is slightly easier to immigrate to if you're going the family route, but once you receive that residency you can go wherever you want. If you don't have family, immigrating to any place in the world that isn't a shit hole can be a pain in the ass. You either need to win an immigration lottery or qualify for a work permit by having a highly demanded skill that can't be adequately filled by the country's citizens.

'Murican Canadian
18-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Or you could go to France and join the foreign legion.

'Murican Canadian
18-12-2015, 10:22 AM
It would take more than a bad President (we've had plenty of those already) to make me leave the US, but if I had to, I would go to Canada.

Also, I don't think there's any real chance of Trump getting elected. Lots of stupid people here in 'Murika, but not that stupid.
18-12-2015, 10:25 AM
(18-12-2015 02:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Canada. I already live in an area that sees regular Canadian tourism (fuck Quebec drivers, they're worse than inbred meth-addled children of New Jersey and Florida) and we have more Tim Horton's than Dunkin Donuts around here already, and I can think of worse things to put on fries than poutine. Plus I can drive to the border and cross in under 3 hours.

I used to think Quebec drivers were bad, but then I saw American highways south of DC.

... this is my signature!
18-12-2015, 10:28 AM
日本 duhTongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
18-12-2015, 11:56 AM
(18-12-2015 10:25 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 02:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Canada. I already live in an area that sees regular Canadian tourism (fuck Quebec drivers, they're worse than inbred meth-addled children of New Jersey and Florida) and we have more Tim Horton's than Dunkin Donuts around here already, and I can think of worse things to put on fries than poutine. Plus I can drive to the border and cross in under 3 hours.

I used to think Quebec drivers were bad, but then I saw American highways south of DC.

No, I'm sorry. Quebec drivers are simply unreasonable. There is no excuse for Quebec.
18-12-2015, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2015 12:07 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(18-12-2015 10:25 AM)cjlr Wrote:  

Have you been to Florida?

Took a freelance job, got flown down to Naples, during January. At the time I lived in the Pittsburgh area, and flew out of Pittsburgh International. As it turns out, Naples and Pittsburgh are the adjacent 'snow-bird' capitols of the United States.

Basically, a huge chunk of Allegheny County (where Pittsburgh is located) are senior citizens, and a large chunk of them travel south for the winter. One of the most popular destinations is Florida, and within that state, the most popular city is Naples.

So I was being chaperoned between jobs and got to see first hand an army of geriatric drivers speeding across 5 lane highways, with the dangerous habit of changing multiple lanes at once without a turn signal.

Fuck that entire state, and may it be swallowed by the ocean.

All that being said, I've been almost hit on my motorcycle more often by jackasses with Quebec plates. I don't know if none of them have ever seen a motorcycle up there in Canada or whatever else their deal may be, but those fuckers never see motorcycles.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]