If Trump gets elected, what country should I move to?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2015, 07:54 PM
RE: If Trump gets elected, what country should I move to?
(17-12-2015 06:22 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  As per title and keep in mind this is only a hypothetical question, Is there a country you guys can suggest that we all move to if that happens? What would be a good alternative? I am TERRIFIED of going anywhere near Australia because....SPIDERS! The very idea of seeing acres ( or whatever it is for metric) of land where all the tree's are covered in white and that white isn't snow but spider webs with millions of them in each tree.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
19-12-2015, 07:57 PM
(19-12-2015 06:51 PM)izel Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 07:48 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I like the Dominican Republic and I can attest, after 2 weeks in a D.R. hospital, their health care is first class. My wife and I have also considered Southern France around Nice. Turkey also looks very appealing, especially to me because they have exceptional hunting and fishing. My wife wants to move to the Netherlands or Denmark but it's too cold for me. There are a lot of good places.

We have 2 million Syrian's here. Do we need worry about American's too now? Laugh out load

Yes. you do. I love Turkey. But after my wife, my kids, and I get there, we will need to close the door on Americans. By the way, my boys are world class drifters and Turkey is a favorite of theirs. I almost had to hold a gun to the head of number 2 boy's head to get him and his wife and their kids to leave Turkey and come back here just long enough to finish college. Big Grin I'm pretty sure they will be moving back there within the next year or two. Number 1 son can't leave the country again although he's spent most of the last 15 years living outside the USA. He will lose custody of his son to his ex-wife the minute he blows this fucking pop stand. Consequently, he's stuck in Boston for a few years.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
19-12-2015, 08:04 PM
If Trump gets elected, what country should I move to?
(17-12-2015 06:22 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  As per title and keep in mind this is only a hypothetical question, Is there a country you guys can suggest that we all move to if that happens? What would be a good alternative? I am TERRIFIED of going anywhere near Australia because....SPIDERS! The very idea of seeing acres ( or whatever it is for metric) of land where all the tree's are covered in white and that white isn't snow but spider webs with millions of them in each tree.

England might be good but I heard it's really expensive there and terribly difficult for foreigners to move into and get started on a new life without already having some sort of high paying job offer before going in.

I am not too keen on having to learn a new language as that might make getting work really hard and just put me back into food service where I have been perpetually stuck my whole life.

Any suggestions? Norway? Denkark maybe? Is the Netherlands a good place to be?

I think you should move to Syria.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
19-12-2015, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2015 08:54 PM by izel.)
(19-12-2015 07:57 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  
(19-12-2015 06:51 PM)izel Wrote:  We have 2 million Syrian's here. Do we need worry about American's too now? Laugh out load

Yes. you do. I love Turkey. But after my wife, my kids, and I get there, we will need to close the door on Americans. By the way, my boys are world class drifters and Turkey is a favorite of theirs. I almost had to hold a gun to the head of number 2 boy's head to get him and his wife and their kids to leave Turkey and come back here just long enough to finish college. Big Grin I'm pretty sure they will be moving back there within the next year or two. Number 1 son can't leave the country again although he's spent most of the last 15 years living outside the USA. He will lose custody of his son to his ex-wife the minute he blows this fucking pop stand. Consequently, he's stuck in Boston for a few years.

We like you better when you come visit and leave Laugh out load I guess we can make exception to one more family if Trump wins. However, to the rest of you who may be seeking asylum if Trump wins, look guys saying you like one political party over another, is like saying one filthy whore is prettier than the other filthy whore. Just stick around with this one too Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
19-12-2015, 09:03 PM
(18-12-2015 03:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Tasmania. Or New Zealand. Since Trump is sure to start WWIII I want to go to the last place on earth that will be nuked. As a former PM of New Zealand once said, "Strategically, New Zealand is a dagger pointed at the heart of Antarctica." I think it's hard to relocate to NZ though. You got to have some skillset they want. Or show Maori ancestry. Or maybe marry earmuffs.

I have skillsz. But I'm retired. If I bring moolah and am not a drain on the economy, can I still immigrate? My wife has a friend who lives in NZ but travels back to the US for major medical care. Must be a reason for that?
20-12-2015, 04:44 AM
If Trump gets elected, I'd probably stay put. I'd just wait until June 2017 at the latest for his swift and massively bipartisan impeachment.

... also, I'm pretty sure that Canada wouldn't let a bum like me in. But if they would, I'd probably end up in BC.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
20-12-2015, 05:44 AM
(19-12-2015 11:15 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I kill you Slow. Angry

Shocking Sadcryface2

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
20-12-2015, 06:29 AM
(19-12-2015 07:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 03:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Tasmania. Or New Zealand. Since Trump is sure to start WWIII I want to go to the last place on earth that will be nuked. As a former PM of New Zealand once said, "Strategically, New Zealand is a dagger pointed at the heart of Antarctica." I think it's hard to relocate to NZ though. You got to have some skillset they want. Or show Maori ancestry. Or maybe marry earmuffs.

$40,000 is my marriage fee. And that is on the condition that as soon as you get citizenship we get a divorce. Gay marriage is legal here so I accept all people's.

Consummating the marriage is completely out of the question.

New Zealand is your best choice if you don't wanna live in Singapore or Hong Kong.
We don't have any poisonous wildlife (except a small native spider that only lives on a select few remote beaches way down south) or any wildlife that will kill your ass like crocodiles. No snakes either.
Corrupt free government (the most corrupt free in the world along with Swizterland). Unlike our Scandinavian counterparts we all speak English. Temperatures range from -3 degrees in the winter (being the coldest, usually around 10 degrees during the day) to 30 degrees hottest in the summer (average day temp being around 22 degrees). Good ski slopes dotted around. Lots of adventure sporting activities. 3 hour flight to Australia meaning you can easily and affordable holiday at the Gold Coast without having to actually live in Australia.
Friendly people (or so they say). Solid economy in a great geographic location. Pretty neutral in regards to world events (aka no war). Good relations with everyone. Great sense of humor. Not run by corporations unlike 'Murica.

Apparently they don't like fat people. Wait, aren't all the Maori fat? There's some sorta national fat people limit?

#sigh
20-12-2015, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2015 07:22 AM by GirlyMan.)
(19-12-2015 09:03 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I have skillsz. But I'm retired. If I bring moolah and am not a drain on the economy, can I still immigrate?

It does appear you can buy your way in. NZ$ 1.5M if you're under 65 yo. NZ$ 10M if you're not. Cheaper just to pay earmuffs $NZ 40,000.

(19-12-2015 09:03 PM)Fireball Wrote:  My wife has a friend who lives in NZ but travels back to the US for major medical care. Must be a reason for that?

Health care only covers citizens?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-12-2015, 07:35 AM
Not sure about NZ, but as an American living in Canada, covered by both Canadian social insurance and my military insurance in the US, I go back to the US whenever the option is available. The Canadian system works for the most part, I suppose, but it's such a pain in the ass to deal with it's usually more efficient to just hop across the border.

As for dental, that's not provided by Canadian social insurance, but covered nearly 100% by my plan back in the states, for which I pay about $20 per month.

'Murican Canadian