If a book told you to jump off a bridge...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: If a book told you to jump off a bridge...
(30-10-2015 10:26 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 07:47 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  ... would you do it? Are life and death written on a page?
books don't talk.

You know we live in this world where many books talk in this day and age, and have for decades. Not just Audiobooks either, simply talking books.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2015, 12:32 PM
(30-10-2015 10:36 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 10:26 AM)Alla Wrote:  books don't talk.

You know we live in this world where many books talk in this day and age, and have for decades. Not just Audiobooks either, simply talking books.
My point is that intelligent beings talk and write books.
I believe in intelligent being - God of Israel and NOT in books(objects). Those who worship idols believe in objects(books), they worship objects(books), they say that objects(books) have authority.
Spirit(one of Gods) speaks. Spirit WILL confirm if words of the book are true.
If Spirit does not confirm that words of the book are true I do NOT make such important decisions as "life - death".

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
30-10-2015, 12:37 PM
(30-10-2015 10:30 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 08:14 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Now.. let's say... just for the sake of argument... that you worship a god of hang-gliding-bungie-jumping-scuba-diving. Wouldn't you feel obligated to do so? You know, rites of passage and all that schwahzah?
If God appeared to me and told me personally to jump I would trust Him.
I know that my God do not wish me evil. Spirit confirmed it (personally) to me.
P.S. I gave this answer for the sake of argument. I know that you don't care about my answers. Smile

Another reason why it would be important for you to seek therapy Alla. You already have calmed to hearing voices. Confirming you would take action due to the "voices" sends up loud alarm bells.

Here is a short list of people that fall into this camp.

Todd Bentley.
A Leader of the Fresh Fire Ministries in Florida. Arrested for kicking an elderly woman in the face in order to heal her. His defense was God told me to do it. And that wasn't the first case. He's also punched and tazed people making the same claim of "healing"

Victoria Soliz Tried to drown son in puddle because Jesus told her to

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/14...75605.html

Deanna Laney Killed her two oldest sons Joshua 8, and Luke 6. And injured her 15 month old. All in the name of Jesus.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/03/29/childr...newssearch

and the list goes on and on. You can do your own google search.

I don't know what kind of angle you'll come back on. You may say

"Well if God told them to, then it must be alright!"

This response would only show how nonchalant your faith has made murder, and abuse. I would want no part of any community or faith based group that would be over joyed to hear a small child was murdered, coming up with stupid responses why it's not a bad thing. Or an old person beaten.

you may say "My voices say those voices are crazy."

The irony of the statement should be self evident.

or "They were deceived! It's the devil at work."

In a past debate we've had you stated that you know the voice that you hear wouldn't lie to you. And I asked how would you know the voices you heard weren't lying to you? It could be a evil spirit deceiving you?

How many of these woman and men do you think would have said the same thing?

Making the statement you've just have. I would jump off a mountain for my god. Is you saying you would go to any lengths to please it, and without question. Want other things could these disembodied voices make you take action upon?

Your answers are also not completely unwelcomed. Threw you. Many fence sitters that peruse threw this web pages can see the responses that appear because of your statements. You are a representative of a group of believers. When you say things like "I don't see a problem having sex with children." or "I'd jump off a cliff if god told me to." They can see the damage to the pysche having a belief such as yours can inflict. And the stance a person of faith takes "I believe because I believe, I believe!" Not facts. Not Statistics. No demonstration. Just 'Who you going to believe me or your own eyes?"

So from that standpoint your a great help around here. You probable de-convert people, better then any Atheist could.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
30-10-2015, 12:54 PM
(30-10-2015 10:30 AM)Alla Wrote:  If God appeared to me and told me personally to jump I would trust Him.

A few questions:
  • How would you know that it was your god?
  • What does your god look like?
  • Where do you live?
  • Do you know the address of a good costume designer?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
30-10-2015, 02:19 PM
(30-10-2015 10:30 AM)Alla Wrote:  If God appeared to me and told me personally to jump I would trust Him.
I know that my God do not wish me evil. Spirit confirmed it (personally) to me.
P.S. I gave this answer for the sake of argument. I know that you don't care about my answers. Smile

(30-10-2015 12:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  My point is that intelligent beings talk and write books.
I believe in intelligent being - God of Israel and NOT in books(objects). Those who worship idols believe in objects(books), they worship objects(books), they say that objects(books) have authority.
If Spirit does not confirm that words of the book are true I do NOT make such important decisions as "life - death".

Rainbow Vomit

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
30-10-2015, 03:25 PM
(30-10-2015 12:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  How would you know that it was your god?
Spirit would confirm
(30-10-2015 12:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  What does your god look like?
I am organized in His image and likeness. He looks like glorified Man.
(30-10-2015 12:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  [*]Where do you live?
[*]Do you know the address of a good costume designer?
[/list]
Big Grin

30-10-2015, 03:27 PM
(30-10-2015 12:37 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Another reason why it would be important for you to seek therapy Alla. You already have calmed to hearing voices.
Hmm...really? where? when did I claim this? Consider

30-10-2015, 03:35 PM
You just did it. (again)

(30-10-2015 03:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  Spirit would confirm

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
30-10-2015, 03:44 PM
You just did it. (again)

(30-10-2015 12:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  My point is that intelligent beings talk and write books.

30-10-2015, 04:35 PM
(30-10-2015 03:44 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  You just did it. (again)

Did I say that "Spirit would confirm" means to hear voices? Consider