If a book told you to jump off a bridge...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: If a book told you to jump off a bridge...
(29-10-2015 07:51 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 07:47 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  ... would you do it? Are life and death written on a page?

I would totally jump. I mean, it's written in a book, isn't it?

Oh .....I see what you did there. Dodgy

Goddamit, Aliza. I been staring at this fucking post for 2 days now and I still don't see what he did there. Angry

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-10-2015, 04:38 PM
(30-10-2015 04:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Goddamit, Aliza. I been staring at this fucking post for 2 days now and I still don't see what he did there. Angry
Laugh out load Only GirlyMan could say it like this.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
30-10-2015, 09:46 PM
(30-10-2015 03:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 12:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  How would you know that it was your god?
Spirit would confirm

What does that even mean? Are you hearing voices?

It sounds like anti-psychotic medication might benefit you. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2015, 12:50 PM
(30-10-2015 04:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 03:44 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  You just did it. (again)

Did I say that "Spirit would confirm" means to hear voices? Consider

So is this confirming that the Holy Spirt doesn't talk to you? That you've made the whole thing up simply for attention?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
31-10-2015, 03:00 PM
(30-10-2015 09:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 03:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  Spirit would confirm
What does that even mean?
I already explained many times. But why do you even ask this question?
(30-10-2015 09:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Are you hearing voices?
I already answered this.

31-10-2015, 03:04 PM
(31-10-2015 12:50 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 04:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  Did I say that "Spirit would confirm" means to hear voices? Consider

So is this confirming that the Holy Spirt doesn't talk to you? That you've made the whole thing up simply for attention?
He talks. But "Spirit talks" and "mortal man talks" are two different things. Or as they say in Odessa: "it is two big differences"

31-10-2015, 04:15 PM
(31-10-2015 03:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 12:50 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  So is this confirming that the Holy Spirt doesn't talk to you? That you've made the whole thing up simply for attention?
He talks. But "Spirit talks" and "mortal man talks" are two different things. Or as they say in Odessa: "it is two big differences"

Then i'll have to ask you to please explain further. When most people mean when they say talk they mean to converse or communicate by spoken words.

The last time I asked about this you responded (I've not drudging threw my 700+ post's again to find this) by comparing it to listening to the Radio, or TV. Which started me worrying for your well being. You've continually refereed to your "Spirit" buddy as telling you things. You seem pretty confident when your expressing your position on the matter. That it's talking to you. But you lacked context, and evidence. When ever asked for simple tests your "spirit" falls short. Or you come up with excuses.

The problem that arises that you seem to constantly forget is, we don't think like you. Most people don't. You have taken complete sentences that everyone would agree means one thing and twisted so far out of shape that there is no way it what the original sentence (or word) means. For example when you said eternity didn't mean forever and ever, it meant in "just a while". (again not dredging threw. If you can't remember things you've said then maybe you should take a trip down memory lane. And rethink statements you've made.)

We get it, you feel your tap into some sort of cosmic knowledge bank. You don't do need to research, because you can't trust anyone expect your imaginary friend. Especially Scientists, or Historians who have years and years of strenuous studies and constant testing. That have access to years and years of information that's been gathered. And above all any Atheist that would even doubt your clams. Just blindly accept the things you have to say are true. Well i'm sorry sweet heart that's not how this works.

If you don't want people to misinterpret what your saying you need to be extra careful on how you say it.

If anyone one can back me up on what I'm saying, so she know's i'm not alone here.

I'm also greatly concerned you seem to have ignored everything else I said in my original post. You had nothing to say on the matter of people killing when they heard the messages of their lord and savoir. This tells me you choose to ignore these matters, and problems. Your more worried about changing definitions of words.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
31-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Every time allalalalala shows up...again, and again, and again.

[Image: headdesk-o.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-11-2015, 05:06 AM
(30-10-2015 10:30 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 08:14 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Now.. let's say... just for the sake of argument... that you worship a god of hang-gliding-bungie-jumping-scuba-diving. Wouldn't you feel obligated to do so? You know, rites of passage and all that schwahzah?
If God appeared to me and told me personally to jump I would trust Him.
I know that my God do not wish me evil. Spirit confirmed it (personally) to me.
P.S. I gave this answer for the sake of argument. I know that you don't care about my answers. Smile

If your serious please go jump off a bridge. Or at least get off this forum. Let us atheist have an idiot free place to exchange ideas. We're too far gone for you to save. Christians have no clue how dumb you sound when you say things like that. I mean it sounds like alphabet farts through a trumpet. It's like shouting words to a Harry Potter spell at a guy with a gun and a mask. This sucks I just registered here tonight and almost every thread has some dumb shit saying dumb shit.

If you said that sarcastically as an atheist I apologize. If you are a Christian or whatever you should stick a dry pine cone in your ass followed by a vinegar enema
12-11-2015, 09:46 AM