If ever I needed your help, now is the time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2014, 11:19 AM
If ever I needed your help, now is the time!
OK!
So, in August, two of my best friends are getting married. It's gonna be great!
We have a great group of friends, when I was still living in The Netherlands, we used to hang out AT LEAST once a week.
I see them less now, but they're still my best friends. Fb and Whatsapp really help.

So, the wedding. The bride is kind of wacky, maybe hyperactive, the groom is a calmer, nice guy with a good sense of humor.
Example: Last year they went to a con cosplaying Cosmo and Wanda, and she drew a face on a balloon to resemble Poof.

So, I have announced there will be a kind of prank on their wedding day.

It was meant to be a joke, but the idea stuck.
So now I have to deliver.

I can't bring a ring-bear, that's been done now.
But there has to be something awesome I can do.
Anyone have ideas or suggestions?
We have until early August to get this done!
TTA-crew ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2014, 02:00 PM
RE: If ever I needed your help, now is the time!
Perhaps you can play on the fact that the prank is expected.

Much of the thrill (like most horror movies) is the expectation of it happening.

Set up a few prank-like things early on...

BOO!

... which turn out to be false alarms.

Maybe the venue manager pulls the couple aside and explains that the sprinkler system might have to be tested some time that day.

Maybe all the guests have a few sneezing fits when they first get close to the flower arrangements.

Maybe the pens for signing the register don't work and everyone takes turns saying "here, use mine" but none of those work either.

Maybe a last-minute stand-in for whoever is performing the service. She/he acts all nervous and unprepared. Then the real person arrives just in time.

Not too much but just enough for everyone who is not in on it, to be on their guard... let the expectation rise.

Near the end of the day, everyone will be giving each other wary glances even at innocent moments ... make sure you do normal things in slightly suspicious ways e.g. talking to guests with your hand covering your mouth or touch the bride on her back when you steal a kiss (so she thinks you have stuck a sign on her back).

And to make sure that no one feels left out, everyone can be in on one or two of the false alarms.

Then the actual prank could be an anti-prank i.e. no real prank.

So you give them enough to make it memorable but not too much so that anyone gets upset and the day gets ruined.

And can we assume that we are all invited? Smile

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
29-03-2014, 02:05 PM
(29-03-2014 02:00 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Perhaps you can play on the fact that the prank is expected.

Much of the thrill (like most horror movies) is the expectation of it happening.

BOO!

Maybe the venue manager pulls the couple aside and explains that the sprinkler system might have to be tested some time that day.

Maybe all the guests have a few sneezing fits when they first get close to the flower arrangements.

Maybe the pens for signing the register don't work and everyone takes turns saying "here, use mine" but none of those work either.

Maybe a last-minute stand-in for whoever is performing the service. She/he acts all nervous and unprepared. Then the real person arrives just in time.

Not too much but just enough for everyone not in on it to be on their guard, so the expectation rises.

Near the end of the day, everyone will be giving each other wary glances even at innocent moments ... make sure you do normal things in slightly suspicious ways e.g. talking to guests with your hand covering your mouth or touch the bride on her back when you steal a kiss (so she thinks you have stuck a sign on her back).

And to make sure that no one feels left out, everyone can be in on one or two of the false alarms.

So you give them enough to make it memorable but not too much so that anyone gets upset and the day gets ruined.

I've been doing that first part.
Every other month or so I send a countdown of the days or something.

A few weeks ago I sent a few texts:
Me: I got it!!
Groom: You have?
Friend: :O
Me: Hmmm... No... I could never train that many oysters...
Friend: What are you planning??
Me: nvm, nvm
Me: Back to the drawing board.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
29-03-2014, 02:08 PM
(29-03-2014 02:00 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Perhaps you can play on the fact that the prank is expected.

BOO!

Not too much but just enough for everyone who is not in on it, to be on their guard... let the expectation rise.

I haven't read the whole thing.... but genius lol....

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
29-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Throwing a bucket of pigs blood on the bride is a good one, potentially deadly, but worst case scenario, being killed by a telekinetic bride, would be totally worth it Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
29-03-2014, 02:13 PM
(29-03-2014 02:10 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Throwing a bucket of pigs blood on the bride is a good one, potentially deadly, but worst case scenario, being killed by a telekinetic bride, would be totally worth it Big Grin

I don't get that reference.
I do know the bride is mortally allergic to a very easily acquired item.
As in: exposure could debilitate or kill her.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
29-03-2014, 02:14 PM
(29-03-2014 02:13 PM)Caveman Wrote:  
(29-03-2014 02:10 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Throwing a bucket of pigs blood on the bride is a good one, potentially deadly, but worst case scenario, being killed by a telekinetic bride, would be totally worth it Big Grin

see the movie carrie.. If I am right.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
29-03-2014, 02:20 PM
(29-03-2014 02:13 PM)Caveman Wrote:  

As Kunox said, watch Carrie Evil_monster

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
29-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Wedding pranks

Maybe something there will spark an idea.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
30-03-2014, 02:10 AM
They got the Catholic priest drunk but the service was held at 11 AM so he was well on his way anyway. Then they used white shoe polish on the bottom of my shoes so that when we kneeled down to be blessed or something it read "Save me Jesus!" ... bastards

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.