If god did in fact exist, would you submit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2014, 10:51 AM
RE: If god did in fact exist, would you submit?
This thread reminds of a bad train wreck.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2014, 10:52 AM
(11-03-2014 10:44 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 10:41 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Given the recent postings of Dirch/Lion/Alpha/Ms Ming, I think I much rather prefer ShimmyJimmy.

All sliced from the same turd.

You seem to be looking for evidence of trolling, even to the point of deliberately taking posts out of the context of their threads to find said evidence. You can find anything if you look hard enough.

Be careful about forming conclusions and then searching for evidence after the fact.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
11-03-2014, 10:57 AM
(11-03-2014 10:52 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 10:44 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  All sliced from the same turd.

You seem to be looking for evidence of trolling,

Don't need to go looking. You need to pull your head out of the sand.

Quote: even to the point of deliberately taking posts out of the context of their threads to find said evidence.

Really? Bullshit.

(11-03-2014 02:29 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 02:17 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
  1. Do you believe in God?
  2. Do you believe in Afterlife?

1. Sort of.
2. Not really.

Y

Quote: You can find anything if you look hard enough.

You can't find anything if you have your head in the sand.

Quote:Be careful about forming conclusions and then searching for evidence after the fact.

Be careful about making assumptions about people's methods. See: "Mind-reading Fallacy".

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
11-03-2014, 11:01 AM
(11-03-2014 10:51 AM)War Horse Wrote:  This thread reminds of a bad train wreck.

Just one problem there War, that isn't a bad train wreck; that's an awesome train wreck! Big Grin

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-03-2014, 11:08 AM
(11-03-2014 10:57 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
Quote: even to the point of deliberately taking posts out of the context of their threads to find said evidence.

Really? Bullshit.

(11-03-2014 02:29 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  1. Sort of.
2. Not really.

Y

You can find anything if you look hard enough.

Taq, re-read the OP. That's the whole context of the "burning in hell" post. Here, I'll even quote it for you:

(10-03-2014 01:26 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  In a debate with William Lane Craig, Sam Harris said that if God did exist, and religious scripture was true, then he would want to do anything he could to secure his place in heaven.

Do you agree with him?

I don't think someone like Christopher Hitchens would agree, as he was a passionate anti-theist that seemed to not want to go down without a fight.

So I guess what I'm asking is if God did exist and scripture was true, whether or not you would submit.

See? Context.

Nowhere in there is she saying she believes in the afterlife, so it doesn't contradict the other quote you provided. You may find the question unusual, bizarre, or even pointless, but it's not like she's flip-flopping her position to troll. Or, if she is trolling, it's not because of that.
11-03-2014, 11:17 AM
(11-03-2014 11:08 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 10:57 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Really? Bullshit.

Taq, re-read the OP. That's the whole context of the "burning in hell" post. Here, I'll even quote it for you:

(10-03-2014 01:26 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  In a debate with William Lane Craig, Sam Harris said that if God did exist, and religious scripture was true, then he would want to do anything he could to secure his place in heaven.

Do you agree with him?

I don't think someone like Christopher Hitchens would agree, as he was a passionate anti-theist that seemed to not want to go down without a fight.

So I guess what I'm asking is if God did exist and scripture was true, whether or not you would submit.

See? Context.

Yeah -- CONTEXT:

If god did in fact exist, would you submit? ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 )
shimmyjimmy

We are all born atheists? ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 )
shimmyjimmy

For those who reject the existence of Jesus... ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 )
shimmyjimmy

Questioning Christians about the purpose of the universe beyond Earth?
shimmyjimmy

A question for atheists. ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
shimmyjimmy

See? CONTEXT.

Quote:Nowhere in there is she saying she believes in the afterlife, so it doesn't contradict the other quote you provided.

I provided a direct quote. The question assumes xtard dogma and directly references BIll Craig, whom you might know is a fairly well-known xtard snake oil salesman. It wasn't asked in a vacuum.

Quote: You may find the question unusual, bizarre, or even pointless, but it's not like she's flip-flopping her position to troll. Or, if she is trolling, it's not because of that.

[Image: shutterstock_2541043.jpg]

11-03-2014, 11:22 AM
(11-03-2014 11:08 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 10:57 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Really? Bullshit.

Do you agree with him?

See? Context.

Nowhere in there is she saying she believes in the afterlife, so it doesn't contradict the other quote you provided. You may find the question unusual, bizarre, or even pointless, but it's not like she's flip-flopping her position to troll. Or, if she is trolling, it's not because of that.

But she is. First it's; I am a non believer, then it's; kinda hard to ask questions when you're burning hell!
I don't know if you can get any more flip floppy than that.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
11-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Tell ya what guys, I'm willing to step up and take care of this problem.

If she's old enough and thats her pic in the avatar, I'm willing to give her a couple hours with me personally for the pounding ( Wink ) of her life.... she will forget all about any gods after that. Smartass

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
11-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Apparently you good folks haven't run into the troll ruse of hanging a shiny, disarming avatar in one's profile

[Image: finding_nemo_dory_marlin_angler_fish.jpg]

Funny that we picked up TWO n00b trolls on the same day, both of whom already had avatars and profiles the first day. Consider

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
11-03-2014, 11:48 AM
This is her real avatar
[Image: 3307CB86-5C59-442B-9575-959B8D5BD7E3_zpskwkqxfrz.jpg]

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post