If he exists, God is not someone I want to follow

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2013, 03:31 AM
RE: If he exists, God is not someone I want to follow
(15-10-2013 12:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  ^^ Dude... Come on.

It's purely legit.

For the purposes of argument she assumes God exists.

Then draws conclusion that in that case he's a shithead and should go fuck himself.

I fail to see how that's poor argument technique. To many Christians God *is* real, so asking them to examine his motives and behaviour is not a bad thing.
For horrendous blasphemy and outrageous crudity you are placed on my ignore list.
You are a disgrace and show an appalling but typical example of how atheists think
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2013, 04:08 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2013 04:17 AM by sporehux.)
Is there any record of a theist publicly calling GOd an immoral douchbag or thereabouts ? Thus an apprehension of what heaven / hell would be.
Or are they just so shit scared of hell they forgive GODs sins.
Jump to 1:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ7uRf9b...ata_player

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
15-10-2013, 04:22 AM
(15-10-2013 03:30 AM)excubitor Wrote:  The Cathy person is on my ignore list but sadly I was afflicted by her miserable words in your response. As you correctly point her logic is a complete oxymoron.
"I hate God, therefore God does not exist".

Is this how atheists think?

I am atheistic with respect to all proposed gods that I am familar with (but agnostic with respect to deity in general) and I don't think like that.

Quote:Cathy would rather be in hell. Let us hope that she does not get what she wishes for. The Lord will bring into account every idle and careless word spoken in this life at the judgement day.
Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

I don't think there is much point in preaching the Gospel here. Most of the posts here (including my own) will probably displease you so it would probably be in your own interest not to visit this forum. If I were you I wouldn't visit here. No one here is likely going to make you an apostate and you are unlikely to win any converts. It is just a pointless exchange of bile and vitriol.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chippy's post
15-10-2013, 05:07 AM
(15-10-2013 03:31 AM)excubitor Wrote:  For horrendous blasphemy and outrageous crudity you are placed on my ignore list.
You are a disgrace and show an appalling but typical example of how atheists think

Someone quote me so that this twit can see my reply please ?

Ex, I don't give a shit what you think of me Wink Have a nice day.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-10-2013, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2013 06:00 AM by Cathym112.)
Clap - I agree that it's a weak argument on its face, except when you factor in the power of human emotions into the argument.

People make irrational, illogical, and completely stupid decisions - for example - when they are in love. Pick up my life and move it across the country? Sure! I love you!

This concept - the concept of examining god's character - is what started me on my path to atheism!! This was my thought process, "God condones rape? What do you mean?" (I was catholic - Catholics don't read the bible.) "hmmm....I don't believe you, let me look that up....oh my, what else does it say that I don't know about? Maybe I should stop basing my entire life on a document I haven't read, after all, I wouldn't invest my life savings into a company I didn't research....wow....god is really a dick...how is he just? How is this merciful?"

It started those wheels (rusty from years of indoctrination) turning. That's the point of the argument, clappy.

Very few of us jumped straight from the conclusion that god is love (and therefore exists) straight to god doesn't exist. I had to understand first: love is not coerced, love is not self denial. Love is not blood and suffering. Love is not hatred or wrath, consigning billions of people to eternal torture because they offended your fragile ego or disobeyed your rules. Love is not obedience, conformity, fear or submission. Therefore, I had to FIRST come to the conclusion that god was not love, before I could accept that god was not real. Christians love god, he is their eternal caregiver, and humans need caregivers. That's why they get so bent out of shape when you say he doesn't exist...it's like you just insulted their mother. I had to fall out of love with god, and see him for what he really was, before I could stop being the battered spouse and walk away. Then a little longer after that, to see he never there to begin with.

So, I respectfully disagree that my athesim is built on a weak foundation. There are many roads to get there, clappy. Some roads are highways, some are windy side roads, and some are gravel seasonal roads.

In fact, if your argument style is to never concede at all, you will rarely further the conversation, because you look just as close-minded as they do. If I'm given evidence today that I didn't have yesterday, I fully admit that I'd change my mind.

I'm really tired of atheists telling other atheists, "you are not a true atheist because An atheist doesn't act like that." How is this any different from Christians saying "you were never a true Christian?"so clappy - when you tell my my foundation is weak, you sound exactly like a Christian.

Scientists are never so convinced of anything they won't change their minds with new information or considering different factors.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
15-10-2013, 05:53 AM
Can someone tell x-cubed to get the fuck off my thread if he hates me so much?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
15-10-2013, 06:01 AM
(15-10-2013 04:22 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(15-10-2013 03:30 AM)excubitor Wrote:  The Cathy person is on my ignore list but sadly I was afflicted by her miserable words in your response. As you correctly point her logic is a complete oxymoron.

I am atheistic with respect to all proposed gods that I am familar with (but agnostic with respect to deity in general) and I don't think like that.

Quote:Cathy would rather be in hell. Let us hope that she does not get what she wishes for. The Lord will bring into account every idle and careless word spoken in this life at the judgement day.
Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

I don't think there is much point in preaching the Gospel here. Most of the posts here (including my own) will probably displease you so it would probably be in your own interest not to visit this forum. If I were you I wouldn't visit here. No one here is likely going to make you an apostate and you are unlikely to win any converts. It is just a pointless exchange of bile and vitriol.
It is not an exchange of bile and vitriol. I have never dished out anything like that to my opponents. Nor do I regard it as pointless. Lurkers and visitors will quickly contrast my approach of dignity with the disgraceful gutter talk of atheists like morondog and cathy. I know it is a generalisation but this forum presents a window to the world of how atheism engenders a general slide into degradation. Even the atheists themselves will recognise this as they compare their sweetness and innocence as children at church with the crude, insulting and blasphemous brutes that they have become now.

Hopefully my posts will prick them in their hearts and provoke such shame and repentance that the angels in heaven will weep with joy to see another poor sinner turn from his wicked and godless life and enter into the eternal realm of the kingdom of heaven.

Repent poor sinners for death and hell lie at the door and even now the flames lick at your feet.
Psalm 111:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
15-10-2013, 06:11 AM
(15-10-2013 04:22 AM)Chippy Wrote:  

I suggest that you are not familiar with the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, of all the prophets, of the apostles, of blessed Mary the holy virgin Mother of God, of the one holy apostolic catholic church, of the great saints of the church, and of his servant excubitor.
I suggest that you do not know him who is the Father of Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, and the Holy Ghost.

Abraham was the friend of God, Enoch walked with God. They knew God because they sought him out. Sadly you have accepted third hand accounts of who god is. You have not sought him out personally to make of him your personal friend. It is like hearing negative gossip about a person which you allow to fester in your mind so that you conclude that the person is a nasty piece of work. But when you finally make the effort to build a relationship with them you find them to be quite different to what that third party told you they were like.

Seek out the Lord by reading the scriptures. Read the Catholic catechism. Ask me questions, seek the Lord in prayer. Seek him now while he can be found before the times of trouble descend upon all mankind and before priests are as rare as fine gold upon the earth.
15-10-2013, 06:18 AM
@exwhatsitsface:

If the made-up entity that you, personally, have chosen to delude yourself with (as opposed to the thousands of others equally made-up entities that equally deluded people have worshipped over the history of humankind) actually existed, it would be a billionfold worse than any human being who has ever lived and all the hatred and contempt of all the people that have ever lived would still fall short of what such a creature would deserve.

And you know what else, I would love to see that vile non-existent being (the one you cling to because you're too afraid of your own mortality and total insignificance to the universe), "bring into account every idle and careless word spoken in this life at the judgement day". If it existed, it would have way more to answer for than me, "that Cathy person" or the whole of humanity combined.

And no, I do not hate god (just as I don't hate Roinad or Unelind - both things that are as real as god is). But I detest the idea of god (and more specifically xians' idea of god) with every fibre of my being.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
15-10-2013, 07:11 AM
(15-10-2013 06:18 AM)Vera Wrote:  @exwhatsitsface:

If the made-up entity that you, personally, have chosen to delude yourself with (as opposed to the thousands of others equally made-up entities that equally deluded people have worshipped over the history of humankind) actually existed, it would be a billionfold worse than any human being who has ever lived and all the hatred and contempt of all the people that have ever lived would still fall short of what such a creature would deserve.

And you know what else, I would love to see that vile non-existent being (the one you cling to because you're too afraid of your own mortality and total insignificance to the universe), "bring into account every idle and careless word spoken in this life at the judgement day". If it existed, it would have way more to answer for than me, "that Cathy person" or the whole of humanity combined.

And no, I do not hate god (just as I don't hate Roinad or Unelind - both things that are as real as god is). But I detest the idea of god (and more specifically xians' idea of god) with every fibre of my being.
For unbridled blasphemy and hatred of God you have been added to my ignore list.
Rev 16:9 And men were scorched [1] with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory