If he exists, God is not someone I want to follow

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2013, 06:26 PM
RE: If he exists, God is not someone I want to follow
(20-09-2013 06:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 06:21 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  That's the second argumentive error you've made in this thread. First you made a straw man by attacking me on claims I never made. And now you make an ad hominem by attacking me personally instead of my arguments.

You're 0-2.

The butt it hurting ?

I don't get offended by people's ineptness. I will point out their errors so hopefully they learn they don't repeat them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Because saying shit like "you're stupid" is gonna bring them round to your line of thinking ? Carry on then.
20-09-2013, 06:32 PM
I didn't even know we were keeping score.

Now my happiness is decreased.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
20-09-2013, 06:34 PM
(20-09-2013 06:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I didn't even know we were keeping score.

Now my happiness is decreased.

Yeah but you don't suffer from as much ignorance anymore.
20-09-2013, 06:37 PM
So, Mr. Social Graces...insults...do what I say, not what a do. Excellent way to win converts.

20-09-2013, 06:44 PM
(20-09-2013 06:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  Because saying shit like "you're stupid" is gonna bring them round to your line of thinking ? Carry on then.

I said the claim they made was stupid and if events really unfolded like the hypothetical, I don't think they would act as they claim in this thread.

But if self pride has that much of a hold on their minds they can't handle a claim they make being called stupid, then I never had much of a chance to convince them of my line of thinking anyways.

Lastly, these discussion always end up in being a piss match. Neither side will convince the other in the here and now. If there is some movement in positions, it will happen long after this debate is forgotten, in some moment of self reflection.

They can hate me. They can be angry at me. As long as they read what I have to say, and engage in some level of constructive discussion. I will influence them in a positive manner or they will influence me in positive manner... but that influence won't become apparent until the long run.
20-09-2013, 06:49 PM
(20-09-2013 06:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, Mr. Social Graces...insults...do what I say, not what a do. Excellent way to win converts.

I receive about 10 fold the number of insults I hand out. Maybe that's why in my time on this forum, my belief in God has gotten stronger.....nah. I just had an opportunity to explore my convictions some and haven't seen anyone poke an real holes in them.
20-09-2013, 07:03 PM
We are so lucky to be graced with a superior being like yourself... I mean, jeez, God could have sent you anywhere...

But you might wanna have a word with him about effective deployment. There're souls here in Africa ripe for the plucking yet they go to waste getting blown to pieces in the next pointless Jehovah sanctioned war, while all the while there you are arguing with us ne'er do weels who're never gonna ever convert. Surely it'd make more sense for him to send you somewhere where you'd do the most good ?
20-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Go forth somewhere else and spread your wisdom.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-09-2013, 08:18 PM
(20-09-2013 07:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  We are so lucky to be graced with a superior being like yourself... I mean, jeez, God could have sent you anywhere...

He might be superior, but he's no Mark Dreher.

Drinking Beverage

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post