If it’s Tourist Season why can’t we shoot them?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2015, 12:17 PM
RE: If it’s Tourist Season why can’t we shoot them?
(30-12-2015 12:13 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 12:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Shocking Facepalm Sadcryface

Please tell me at least some of those are made-up. Weeping

Sadly, having worked retail in the past, and been asked questions like, "can I get a leaf/snow blower that blows at 1,000 mph" & "I need some role-out brick walkway", I'd bet good money those are for realz! Undecided

I think my favorite is #8! Who knew there'd be fish! Huh In the water! Shocking

Or that there's sand on the beach...whodathunkit? Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-12-2015, 12:22 PM
(30-12-2015 12:13 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  "I need some role-out brick walkway"

Sell them this

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
30-12-2015, 12:28 PM
(30-12-2015 12:22 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 12:13 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  "I need some role-out brick walkway"

Sell them this

That machine obviously did not exist when I worked at Home Quarters! Tongue

That's kind of awesome, actually! Ohmy

30-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Here tourists aren't a problem, save for the ones passing by to better destinations like Seattle. But I have made one huge observation living here...No one fucking ever looks both ways before crossing a street or busy intersection. They just walk out...it's amazing to me. Because you pull that shit in San Francisco, you'll do it once and end up in an ambulance. Here they assume cars will just stop, and generally speaking they will.

But when we lived near San Francisco, tourists used to drive us crazy. You try to be polite, but sometimes....

You just want to beat them with a stick. It never failed we'd get stuck behind one of them obviously lost in the city, trying to navigate the hills and thinking they knew how to drive a stick. Or they drove painfully slow...even stopping at yellow lights. Really?! To drive in the SF Bay Area, you've got to be an asshole. You've got got to dodge, people on bikes, tourists who refuse to look both ways before crossing a street, other cars, double parked cars making deliveries...traffic is a nightmare...but if you know this, you can navigate through it, pretty fast.

Once recently visiting California we were driving down the coast highway 1 (Cabrillo), got behind some asshole in a minivan doing 40 mph. The speed limit through there is 50-55. We got closer and realized they were from Oregon!

Humiliating.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-12-2015, 12:48 PM
I can remember back to the 1980s Cocaine Cowboys era when tourists were shot in Miami on a pretty regular basis. Rental Cars were especially targeted for transporting tourists. No reason you can't bring back the custom!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-12-2015, 01:00 PM
Those Spain references made me sad. I took a ten day trip to Spain in high school, and the first night we were there the hotel chef served and absolutely amazing dinner. BUT, most of my fellow travelers hardly touched it because it was weird to them, so the next night we got hamburgers. Dodgy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
30-12-2015, 01:01 PM
The last time I saw a tourist in my neck of the woods erm.... he was lost.
[+] 1 user Likes Thewonderer's post
30-12-2015, 01:41 PM
(30-12-2015 12:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Shocking Facepalm Sadcryface

Please tell me at least some of those are made-up. Weeping

I can’t vouche for them being true but I did give the hyperlink to the source. I will tell you that based on the personal questions I have heard I’m not surprised.

The only good thing about that list is that it comes from a UK travel agency Big Grin
No ‘Murikans involved. Wink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
30-12-2015, 01:43 PM
(30-12-2015 12:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I can remember back to the 1980s Cocaine Cowboys era when tourists were shot in Miami on a pretty regular basis. Rental Cars were especially targeted for transporting tourists. No reason you can't bring back the custom!

Ah, those were the days. I’m getting a bit misty eyed (sniffle).

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
30-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Interesting. I've found the attitude towards tourists here to be different. It seems like most people see our tourists for what they are....the islands main source of income. It's an unwritten rule that no matter who you are, be nice and helpful to tourists. They do, after all, pay our bills.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post