If it were done *where* 'tis done...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2017, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2017 10:23 PM by Vera.)
If it were done *where* 'tis done...
Okay, bad attempt at a Shakespearean joke aside, stumbled across this and found it a rather interesting time killer:

If it were my home: compare any two countries in the world.

[Image: Capture.jpg]

Not convinced about the class divide though. If communism (and 5 centuries of Ottoman oppression, which resulted in no aristocracy) have left us anything good, it's the lack of classes. Not like in a lot of other countries, anyway.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Vera's post
03-08-2017, 06:48 AM
RE: If it were done *where* 'tis done...
And of course you'd be relying on the governments that you're comparing to provide honest unbiased information.

"Nope, nope, we don't have those damned homosexuals in our country, so we don't have any AIDS."

Uh huh...... Sure. Dodgy

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-08-2017, 07:06 AM
(02-08-2017 10:07 PM)Vera Wrote:  Okay, bad attempt at a Shakespearean joke aside, stumbled across this and found it a rather interesting time killer:

If it were my home: compare any two countries in the world.

[Image: Capture.jpg]

Not convinced about the class divide though. If communism (and 5 centuries of Ottoman oppression, which resulted in no aristocracy) have left us anything good, it's the lack of classes. Not like in a lot of other countries, anyway.

And, you have fewer homicidal babies. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-08-2017, 07:32 AM
(02-08-2017 10:07 PM)Vera Wrote:  If it were my home: compare any two countries in the world.

Wow, this is really interesting.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Comparing the UK to Swaziland...

[Image: z21Tbw9.png]

looks like I'd have a whole lot of Aids! Gasp

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
03-08-2017, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2017 09:06 AM by Vera.)
Yeah, Dom, I thought it was fun Yes (crooked government lies notwithstanding Facepalm )

Bucky - only because it got so bad at one point, we stopped reproducing! True story. (well, we did almost stop reproducing - Bulgaria has one of the lowest birth rates in the world. I'm a threatened species, guys, someone protect me Rolleyes )

Oaktree, I'm about a hundred percent more likely to be murdered in Brazil, apparently. I *am* a threatened species. Gasp

(03-08-2017 06:48 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And of course you'd be relying on the governments that you're comparing to provide honest unbiased information.

"Nope, nope, we don't have those damned homosexuals in our country, so we don't have any AIDS."

Uh huh...... Sure.

"Damn the government
Damn their killing
Damn their lies"

Drinking Beverage

03-08-2017, 09:49 AM
SA vs USA, if I lived in the USA I'd be 95.65% less likely to have AIDS Smile
I'd make 4.6 times more money, on average, and I'd be 2.4 times more likely to be in prison.

SA vs Zim, I'd be better off in Zim on almost all measures except I'd make 94.78% less money (Zim GDP per capita PPP is $600) and be 95% certain to be unemployed. Eish Facepalm

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-08-2017, 01:41 PM
(03-08-2017 09:49 AM)morondog Wrote:  Eish

Eish! Heart

(The "you'll earn less money" does not take into consideration the fact that you'll probably spend less. Not sure about Brazil and Bulgaria though; salaries might be comparable, but basic stuff seems much more expensive here. How *do* they manage?)

03-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Interesting infographic... Thanks Vera.

http://www.ifitweremyhome.com/compare/AU/US

(Although I note that some of the stats for Aus are incorrect as of 2017.)

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
03-08-2017, 01:48 PM
I love how the only thing for Vatican City is that I'd be more likely to be Catholic. Umm, site...I am? So would I be Pope Hulud I?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post