"If it weren't for guns we'd still be British"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2015, 09:26 AM
RE: "If it weren't for guns we'd still be British"
While it may be true that a citizens Militia would not be as effective as a Professional Army, lets not over look the fact that a bullet fired from a private citizens rifle will kill you as dead as that from a Soldiers rifle.
If armed citizens are such blow overs and useless,...why do all tyrants insist they be dis-armed?

The Russian army and the US army fought tribal militia's in Afghan.....not professional soldiers. The events and outcome was devastating....same in VN.

To say non professional militias are useless or ineffective is a fool's folly!
The claim that a vast majority of gun owners are beer drinking rednecks does not change the facts that they are a force to be reckoned with.
Lets say I want to rob old Joe,...now joe is not armed.....I don't fear joe.
Lets say I want to rob and rape Karen......Karen is armed and has been trained.....My common sense tells me to leave that lady alone. She will blow out my damn brains.

Democracy and Govt. is not eloquence nor happy people all agreeing on the same subject.....it's force...brute force and it's policies and laws are enforced at the end of a gun barrel.

Democracy is a conversation between to wolves and a lamb deciding whats for dinner that night.
Freedom from Tyranny is the above scenario except this time the lamb is armed...the wolves ain't so dayum cocky this time. So now what?

Some estimate that 120 to 190 million Americans are armed...some say it may be much higher.
That is a very real deterrent and danger to a Govt. hell bent on enforcing it will on a populace.
It is the number one reason we do not have mass raids and concentration camps here in 'Murica ,..not yet anyway.
Does any sane man truly believe our Govt. would be so nice and benevolent to a helpless and unarmed society?

Nope the very reason we are still somewhat free in this nation is due to those damn drunken gun-totting rednecks...those armchair Chuck Norris types playing war games on the weekend out in the woods with real guns and camo. It's also the everyday man or woman living next to you that refuses to be a helpless victim...and lastly it's the VETERAN who has seen what govt. is,,,and has seen what it does to an unarmed population or to the likes of an uppity bunch of "Brown-Skinned" folks living many thousands of miles away.

I'm not a fan of Orwells's 1984 boot of tyranny on my neck. Give them yours if you want....But I think I will keep my rifle.. FUCK them
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Another thought.......I'd like to live in a world were violence and war didn't exist. Where we could all be happy and celebrate our diversities with out some do-gooder trying to impose their will on others. Where being Politically correct was extinct... where people didn't have to claim being victims of hate crimes or being told to be ashamed of their skin color...or being chastised over the fact of defeating your enemy when it was warranted. Or being refused a job only because it was given to a person of another color who was totally NOT Qualified. Or from being given special status because you are a minority....

Yeah let's sit around a crackling fire and sing kumbaya ...
We don't live in a world like that...it's not reality. Man can be good and he can do evil...and NOBODY should rely on someone else to ensure their safety.
As a man...if you are a man,..and have a family it is YOUR responsibility to ensure the safety and welfare of those around you...not some Constable or Sheriff or Govt. agency

It's up to you ...hope a govt. is kind to you..hope it's benevolent lick it's boots while on your knees.
Or Stand Tall as a MAN and accept your responsibilities.
31-12-2015, 09:54 AM
(31-12-2015 09:26 AM)John Silver Wrote:  While it may be true that a citizens Militia would not be as effective as a Professional Army, lets not over look the fact that a bullet fired from a private citizens rifle will kill you as dead as that from a Soldiers rifle.
If armed citizens are such blow overs and useless,...why do all tyrants insist they be dis-armed?

Too much "Red Dawn". Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Possibly so.
31-12-2015, 11:08 PM
Actually... If it weren't for Napoleon and the French stomping through Europe the British may have stayed and defeated us. The citezens with guns story was fabricated.
01-01-2016, 09:38 AM
(31-12-2015 11:08 PM)ARenfort Wrote:  Actually... If it weren't for Napoleon and the French stomping through Europe the British may have stayed and defeated us. The citezens with guns story was fabricated.

Creativity +10

Factual -10

The Brits didn't leave because they had a more pressing engagement elsewhere..

They left because the Colonists didn't "fight fair" - and killed a bunch of Redcoats.....

There was this citizen with a gun - George Washington -- you may have heard of him, he lead the other uncivilized yahoos.

If those colonists hadn't had guns - we'd still be paying taxes to the Crown....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Do you recall how many battles G. Washington had won before 1776?
01-01-2016, 10:33 AM
(01-01-2016 09:47 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Do you recall how many battles G. Washington had won before 1776?

More than one, but your point is?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]