If money wasn't a factor..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2013, 10:34 AM
If money wasn't a factor..
If you had all the money you needed, including any money you want for your kids etc.. basically money wasn't a factor any more...
What would you do?

Just curious.
I'd be a film director/writer. Not worried about getting famous or anything, I'd still do it if nobody watched my movies.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
27-05-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: If money wasn't a factor..
This has been asked before.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...uld-you-do

This is the answer I gave:

(22-11-2012 06:25 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I've talked about this with my family before. We all had similar ideas. First and foremost, I would set a side a large sum to distribute to my extended family, say like 5 million. This would help them with any lingering debt. My immediate family would never have to work again; however, I would stipulate that they had to do something good with their life before I offered to fit the bill. Personally, I would go to college and get several degrees in my favorite subjects, including East Asian studies, Primatology, and Art History. I would work as a professor for free just because I enjoy to teach people the things I have learned. I would set up several scholarship programs to help countless children go to college. A part from giving generously to charities, I would pump tons of money into the science and medical fields. I would also provide grants to promising inventors. Traveling the world and learning as many languages as I could would also be on my to do list.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Probably I'd buy real estate all over the world and spend time here and there, on a whim.

I would likely fund a bunch of no-kill animal rescues, too.

And I would do something about "old folk homes". Some of the conditions the elderly have to live under are appalling. I might do exposes about these and Muff could make the films...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-05-2013, 10:44 AM
You're asking the question wrong. It would be easier to answer if it was "what wouldn't you do?". Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
27-05-2013, 10:50 AM
spend all my time on the intertubez

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
27-05-2013, 11:01 AM
(27-05-2013 10:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you had all the money you needed, including any money you want for your kids etc.. basically money wasn't a factor any more...
What would you do?

Just curious.
I'd be a film director/writer. Not worried about getting famous or anything, I'd still do it if nobody watched my movies.

Kinda like Jimmy Buffet's attitude.

Cover my eyes and toss a pub dart at a world map on the wall.
Wherever it lands, I'm getting in my plane and flying there.

Old men in tank tops,
Cruisin' the gift shops,
Checkin' out chiquitas, down by the shore
They dream about weight loss,
Wish they could be their own boss
Those three-day vacations can be such a bore.

- Marguritaville

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
27-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Geez Muffs...how dare you ask a question that's been asked before...SMH.

After finding a divorce attorney...I would pay off and do a lot of fixing on the house and the pool. I would then buy a nice, comfortable vehicle so that any time I wanted to, I could load up the critters and go visit people around the country...particularly my daughter and grandkids and my best friend. I would love to not have a time limit...just get up and go, take my time, and come back when I want.

And I would find a doctor or doctors that could stop or at least control the chronic pain I have been dealing with.

You asked...what would you do if money wasn't an issue, not what would you do it you came into a ton of money. If I suddenly came into a bunch of money, I would buy each of the kids a house.

Nothing really over the top. I would just like the freedom and the funds to come and go as I please.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
27-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Same thing I do now. Only thing I know how to do. Code motherfucker code! We fucking do programming, motherfucker!

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-05-2013, 11:43 AM
What wouldn't I do Big Grin

Tops are filming, photography (but with ALL the lenses! Big Grin ), huge ass paintings, cuz I could have a warehouse to store them, travelling, travelling, travelling, running through fields of daisies while leaping for joy and I'd also enjoy a butler. I've always wanted a butler.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
27-05-2013, 11:46 AM
(27-05-2013 10:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you had all the money you needed, including any money you want for your kids etc.. basically money wasn't a factor any more...
What would you do?

Just curious.

I'd produce good movies of LOTR and The Hobbit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user