If money wasn't a factor..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2013, 11:52 AM
RE: If money wasn't a factor..
(27-05-2013 11:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-05-2013 10:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you had all the money you needed, including any money you want for your kids etc.. basically money wasn't a factor any more...
What would you do?

Just curious.
I'd be a film director/writer. Not worried about getting famous or anything, I'd still do it if nobody watched my movies.

I'd produce good movies of LOTR and The Hobbit.

I'd do quirky low-budge indie films, I even have the BEST story line for one. I could do it without all the money but I need the time Weeping The OP should say what if we had all the time!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2013, 10:24 PM
I'd be a producer. Make a Gwynnie movie. And she'd come over to shake my hand, with that smile... and my head would explode. Big Grin

Yeah, I got no use for it. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
27-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Id work makeup special effects for movies. I'd travel and live in provincial france.
28-05-2013, 01:06 AM
Money is no object in this, right Muffs? I have more than enough to secure my every wish, right?

Bribe all the politicians of the world until I am at the top of the world in the shadows, then use my funds to silently form a private army controlled by me via proxy which would remove as many political figures as possible, excluding myself, leaving me to lead a courageous 'war' against these people, have them all destroyed or disbanded, have public executions of the heads after a rapid trial for all the world to see, establishing myself as a legendary figure and leader to the sole surviving power-heads, which, after their public and formal affirmation to my leadership, they all rapidly begin dying off as well due to a second insurrection, leaving me the only person with major power of politics and by default the leader of all those nations whoms leaders agreed to serve under me, still paying off the survivors and successors until eventually I form a brutal empire spanning all the continents of Earth which would adopt the policy of completely destroying anybody which dared oppose it; ensuring, through absolute global military and economic dominance, nobody would challenge it and survive. The world is now mine to shape as only I wish.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-05-2013, 01:14 AM
(27-05-2013 10:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you had all the money you needed, including any money you want for your kids etc.. basically money wasn't a factor any more...
What would you do?

Just curious.
I'd be a film director/writer. Not worried about getting famous or anything, I'd still do it if nobody watched my movies.

I would buy a new computer, and faster internet connection.

Cool I'm don't want that much.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
28-05-2013, 01:48 AM
1) Buy my babygirl a place to live.

2) Complete my tattoo scheme.

3) Make my films.

4) "Become the demon".

5) Make more films.

Edit:

My answers from the other thread:

1) Shit my pants when I heard the news.
2) Be inconsolable from shock for at least 3 days.
3) Complete my entire tattoo scheme.
4) Construct a recording studio in the middle of the woods and deck it out with the latest in audio recording/editing technology.
5) Purchase all of the instruments/tools required to acheive the musical sound I'm looking for.
6) Finance ALL of my film projects.
7) Buy a $2.00 sandwich at the gas station. (Munchies happen)
8) Construct a home-gym adjacent to the recording studio and equip it with all of the necessary machines and tools.
9) Self-publish all of my literary pieces.
10) Whatever tickles my fancy from thence forth.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
28-05-2013, 02:38 AM

I would continue to do astrology and dream interpretation. But then I think I'd put on renaissance fairs, ones with real pubs, a real castle, real(ish) beheadings, etc., and of course young women in low-cut bodices, and lots of new age stuff like wiccans and fortunetellers--and of course, astrologers.

[Image: lowcut.jpg]

Then I would set out to buy love--you can do that you know? You'd be amazed how well-loved people are who have really valuable wills.

But less pessimistically, honestly, I'd have really cool renaissance fairs.

[Image: stat.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
28-05-2013, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2013 08:30 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
so many of the previous answers that involve films/movies...interesting.

I would get laser hair removal so I would never have to shave my legs or get razor burn again!!

move out of NC.

a maid/housekeeper.

a private jet.

some sort of humorous educational billboard/phone app/ campaign to hopefully get some nuggets of knowledge out to America...based on concerns that are near and dear to my heart. Target audience would be 15-45 year olds. women's rights, environmental stuff, science and reason.

secret death squad to destroy companies/politicians that I don't like....like Monsanto, Range Resources, and others.

donations to charities that are doing great things.

ETA: preschool, private schools, summer camps, daycares, sports programs, scouting programs thru-out the Bible belt that are LOW COST alternatives to depending on the local church. Promote science and reason.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
28-05-2013, 07:52 AM
(28-05-2013 07:07 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  so many of the previous answers that involve films/movies...interesting.

I would get laser hair removal so I would never have to shave my legs or get razor burn again!!

move out of NC.

a maid/housekeeper.

a private jet.

some sort of humorous educational billboard/phone app/ campaign to hopefully get some nuggets of knowledge out to America...based on concerns that are near and dear to my heart. Target audience would be 15-45 year olds. women's rights, environmental stuff, science and reason.

secret death squad to destroy companies/politicians that I don't like....like Monsanto, Range Resources, and others.

donations to charities that are doing great things.

How are the pay and benefits in the death squads? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
28-05-2013, 08:00 AM
(28-05-2013 07:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 07:07 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  secret death squad to destroy companies/politicians that I don't like....like Monsanto, Range Resources, and others.

How are the pay and benefits in the death squads? Consider

If money wasn't a factor...I imagine pretty damn good. Big Grin

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post