If not Hell then what?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2014, 10:06 PM
If not Hell then what?
If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: If not Hell then what?
Somewhere like Earth, where there's problems but not eternal suffering?

Or, maybe he could just be a bit nicer, so people will stop seeing him as terrible and therefore would be more willing to serve him?

Or he could just stop creating the people he knows won't want to serve him.

Also, yes, people go to hell because they "don't want to serve him". Not because they don't believe he exists or have never heard of him. Because they're willfully ignoring him. Right.
[+] 7 users Like CleverUsername's post
05-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Now we have to brainstorm ideas to do his job?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 8 users Like nach_in's post
05-03-2014, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 10:25 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

I would suggest you STFU. What an idiotic question to ask here.
The Hebrews did not believe in an afterlife. It's not a Biblical concept. St. Paul said immortality was ONLY for the "saved".
Psalm 39 : "Turn your gaze away from me, that I may smile again,
before I depart, and am no more"
Psalm 115 : The dead do not praise the Lord,
nor do any that go down into silence".

There is no evidence of souls, no immortality, no heaven, no hell.
"Eternal" requires spacetime.
There is nothing that says the "saved" *serve* anyone.
How about giving up making a fool of yourself here, and get lost, troll.
You really are dumb as a box of rocks.

It's not "hell" that people object to, it's the "idea" of hell.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 16 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-03-2014, 10:25 PM
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

Serve him? Like what dinner? Slob on his knob?

What the actual fuck?

God, as outlined in the bronze age book is no more real than Harry Potter.

It's mythology riffed from older myths.

I don't believe hell is immoral (i do believe the stories about hell are very immoral) I don't believe hell exists at all and the exact same way I don't believe Harry Potter is a real person.

Shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 12 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Obviously he should pat them on the back and tell them how smart they are. Yes

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
05-03-2014, 10:33 PM

Explain again why your 'all-powerful' creator needs anybody to do anything for him? Laughat

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Drich,

Since believing in any god that isn't your god is a sin, what do you suggest the Flying Spaghetti Monster should do when you so willingly suck on his Noodly Appendage and chew on his Holy Meatballs for dinner, which clearly is the purest way to worship him and a sin against your man-made deity? Should the FSM interfere with your free will and make you abstain from pasta?

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like WillHopp's post
05-03-2014, 10:43 PM
(05-03-2014 10:10 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Somewhere like Earth, where there's problems but not eternal suffering?

Or, maybe he could just be a bit nicer, so people will stop seeing him as terrible and therefore would be more willing to serve him?

Or he could just stop creating the people he knows won't want to serve him.

Also, yes, people go to hell because they "don't want to serve him". Not because they don't believe he exists or have never heard of him. Because they're willfully ignoring him. Right.

So you want to live on a literal Godless planet where there is nothing between you and those who would prey on your soul? Explain to me (besides the view) what you think the difference is between hell and your planet?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
05-03-2014, 10:46 PM
(05-03-2014 10:13 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Now we have to brainstorm ideas to do his job?

Laugh out load you miss understand. You will not get this alternative to Hell. I'm just asking what you would want instead of it. For you or a hell bound loved one.

God's 'job' (in this instance) is to separate the wheat from the weeds, and take the wheat into the store house and the weeds into the fire.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit