If not Hell then what?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: If not Hell then what?
Here's a suggestion, when the person fails to be a good person, they are given a list in the ways they fucked up, forced to study it, then they retest. This repeats until they stop failing this. Bonus points if they relieve the pain they visited on others to develop empathy for said retesting.

When the guy who simply didn't believe got the same punishment as the guy who raped a thousand babies, your system is flawed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like DemonicLemon's post
05-03-2014, 10:51 PM
(05-03-2014 10:46 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:13 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Now we have to brainstorm ideas to do his job?

Laugh out load you miss understand. You will not get this alternative to Hell. I'm just asking what you would want instead of it. For you or a hell bound loved one.

God's 'job' (in this instance) is to separate the wheat from the weeds, and take the wheat into the store house and the weeds into the fire.

God is employed ? I see. Uh huh.
So god takes the weeds into the fire. Does he stay in there ?
What is the eternal fuel ? Is there enough oxygen there for the fire ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
05-03-2014, 10:52 PM
(05-03-2014 10:43 PM)Drich Wrote:  So you want to live on a literal Godless planet where there is nothing between you and those who would prey on your soul? Explain to me (besides the view) what you think the difference is between hell and your planet?

Well, for an atheist, having to constantly deal with creationist idiots is basically hell, so I guess there is no difference between hell and our planet for atheists.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
05-03-2014, 10:53 PM
(05-03-2014 10:43 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:10 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Somewhere like Earth, where there's problems but not eternal suffering?

Or, maybe he could just be a bit nicer, so people will stop seeing him as terrible and therefore would be more willing to serve him?

Or he could just stop creating the people he knows won't want to serve him.

Also, yes, people go to hell because they "don't want to serve him". Not because they don't believe he exists or have never heard of him. Because they're willfully ignoring him. Right.

So you want to live on a literal Godless planet where there is nothing between you and those who would prey on your soul? Explain to me (besides the view) what you think the difference is between hell and your planet?

It'd lack inescapable, eternal torture, for one.

Also, how does one prey on someone's soul? Assuming they exist, of course. Prey implies food, would they use a fork, or...?
05-03-2014, 10:55 PM
(05-03-2014 10:46 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:13 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Now we have to brainstorm ideas to do his job?

Laugh out load you miss understand. You will not get this alternative to Hell. I'm just asking what you would want instead of it. For you or a hell bound loved one.

God's 'job' (in this instance) is to separate the wheat from the weeds, and take the wheat into the store house and the weeds into the fire.

Any system that would give a proportionate penalty for the crimes committed and a real chance for redemption for everyone, so in the end we can all be happy together instead of having an eternity of suffering for some and an eternity of brainless bliss for the others.

You theists are the one hell bent on eternal vengeance for petty sins, I for one wish we could all live eternally happy. But that won't happen if we keep worshipping fantasies and hating each other over stupid disagreements on fiction literature interpretations.

I just realized religion is like a fandom that went horribly out of hand... I can see, a millennium from now, the Tenth Doctor Ortodox Church fighting a holly jihad against the Sherlokian church of the holly Cumberbacht

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 4 users Like nach_in's post
05-03-2014, 11:05 PM
(05-03-2014 10:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I would suggest you STFU. What an idiotic question to ask here.
The Hebrews did not believe in an afterlife.
not true. The Pharisees believed In this life, death and the resurrection followed by eternal life based on your works in this life. The Saducees were the sect of Judaism that didnot believe in the afterlife. They were the ruling class of the Jews in the time of Christ and in 70ad were completely wiped out.
http://www.gotquestions.org/Sadducees-Pharisees.html

Sorry buckster looks like your knowledge of Jewish belief is worse than your understanding of Christianity.

Quote:It's not a Biblical concept. St. Paul said immortality was ONLY for the "saved".
so?
How does that change my question?
Quote:Psalm 39 : "Turn your gaze away from me, that I may smile again,
before I depart, and am no more"
Psalm 115 : The dead do not praise the Lord,
nor do any that go down into silence".
Laughat your quoting psalms... You do know the difference between a psalm, proverb and scripture right?

Quote:There is no evidence of souls, no immortality, no heaven, no hell.
What does said evidence look like?

Quote:"Eternal" requires spacetime.
so?

Quote:There is nothing that says the "saved" *serve* anyone.
This is getting shameful.. Do you not know how to use a concordance or google?

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?sea...number=576

Start on page 24 and go through page 32 2/3 of the use of the word 'servant' is in service to God in some way shape or form.

But, really your arguement is over on the first page when Christ is identifies himself as a servant of the living God. We as Christians are to follow in the foot steps of Christ.

Quote:How about giving up making a fool of yourself here, and get lost, troll.
You really are dumb as a box of rocks.

It's not "hell" that people object to, it's the "idea" of hell.
:lol:omg I'm the one who doesn't know what he is talking about? How you tell me some more about Jewish beliefs buckster, or how the bible never speaks of how we are to spend our eternity... Maybe provide us with some scripture this time, rather than your failed understanding of Judaism and Christianity.[/quote]

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
05-03-2014, 11:18 PM
(05-03-2014 10:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

Explain again why your 'all-powerful' creator needs anybody to do anything for him? Laughat

God is the God of the known universe... He set forth the principles and laws that govern nature. Things that we can identify and place our own names on like: Light, chemistry, physics etc... Why would a God of these principles look to 'magic' his way across the universe, circumventing these natural processes He put into place, every time He wants something done? Wouldn't it make much more sense that a all knowing and all powerful God put these processes in place to aguement His expressed will and desire?

Like say he has a people he needs to keep busy for eternity running this infinite universe with different jobs.. Wouldn't it stand to reason that an all knowing all powerful God could conceivably create a process or an aspect of some celestial body that needs the attention or attendance of a being who has proven himself worthy for such a task?

What else would you have us do for eternity? Goto church?!?!

Your understanding of God (a being who needs to magic everything He does) is at best an elementary 1st/2nd grade understanding of an all knowing all powerful deity.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
05-03-2014, 11:20 PM
(05-03-2014 10:47 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Here's a suggestion, when the person fails to be a good person, they are given a list in the ways they fucked up, forced to study it, then they retest. This repeats until they stop failing this. Bonus points if they relieve the pain they visited on others to develop empathy for said retesting.

When the guy who simply didn't believe got the same punishment as the guy who raped a thousand babies, your system is flawed.

How do you know they get the same punishment?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

05-03-2014, 11:21 PM
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

I assume you are speaking of the Christian god?

If God wasn't such a fucking douchebag there would be no need for hell or an alternative for hell.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
05-03-2014, 11:21 PM
(05-03-2014 11:20 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:47 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Here's a suggestion, when the person fails to be a good person, they are given a list in the ways they fucked up, forced to study it, then they retest. This repeats until they stop failing this. Bonus points if they relieve the pain they visited on others to develop empathy for said retesting.

How do you know they get the same punishment?

Being thrown to hell = eternity of pain in some form. Processes may be different but (any positive amount of pain) * (time=infinity) = (infinite pain)
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post