If not Hell then what?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: If not Hell then what?
(05-03-2014 10:53 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  It'd lack inescapable, eternal torture, for one.
Mat 10 would disagree with your assessment of Hell.
Also you don't seem to fully understand the defination of the word prey. Here is the other meaning for the world that seems to be giving you so much trouble:

someone who is easily harmed or affected in a bad way by someone or something.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prey

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 11:27 PM
(05-03-2014 10:43 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:10 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Somewhere like Earth, where there's problems but not eternal suffering?

Or, maybe he could just be a bit nicer, so people will stop seeing him as terrible and therefore would be more willing to serve him?

Or he could just stop creating the people he knows won't want to serve him.

Also, yes, people go to hell because they "don't want to serve him". Not because they don't believe he exists or have never heard of him. Because they're willfully ignoring him. Right.

So you want to live on a literal Godless planet where there is nothing between you and those who would prey on your soul? Explain to me (besides the view) what you think the difference is between hell and your planet?

Wtaf does this guy think he is an alien?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
05-03-2014, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 11:40 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(05-03-2014 11:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Explain again why your 'all-powerful' creator needs anybody to do anything for him? Laughat

God is the God of the known universe... He set forth the principles and laws that govern nature. Things that we can identify and place our own names on like: Light, chemistry, physics etc... Why would a God of these principles look to 'magic' his way across the universe, circumventing these natural processes He put into place, every time He wants something done? Wouldn't it make much more sense that a all knowing and all powerful God put these processes in place to aguement His expressed will and desire?

Like say he has a people he needs to keep busy for eternity running this infinite universe with different jobs.. Wouldn't it stand to reason that an all knowing all powerful God could conceivably create a process or an aspect of some celestial body that needs the attention or attendance of a being who has proven himself worthy for such a task?

What else would you have us do for eternity? Goto church?!?!

Your understanding of God (a being who needs to magic everything He does) is at best an elementary 1st/2nd grade understanding of an all knowing all powerful deity.

You're making a lot of assumptions here. Where in the bible does it say god needs worker bees to help him with the running of the universe? Is heaven like the Borg collective? It would seem to me anyone capable of creating 'everything' wouldn't need help running it.

But you want to rewrite the bible to make god needy of help...whatever dude -- people have done it before you. Maybe you can make god more like Harry Potter in the next edition.

Facepalm

Shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-03-2014, 11:34 PM
(05-03-2014 11:27 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:43 PM)Drich Wrote:  So you want to live on a literal Godless planet where there is nothing between you and those who would prey on your soul? Explain to me (besides the view) what you think the difference is between hell and your planet?

Wtaf does this guy think he is an alien?

I think he believes god is the Borg queen. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-03-2014, 11:34 PM
I'm thoroughly insulted, Drich. Why haven't you answered my question? And when you come up with the reason why you ignored me you'll have the reason why I ignored you.

And I really can't believe people are answering your hypothetical question about a hypothetical place regarding a being in whom they don't even believe.

Just ignore this hemorrhoid in the ass of a troll.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
05-03-2014, 11:42 PM
(05-03-2014 11:27 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:53 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  It'd lack inescapable, eternal torture, for one.
Mat 10 would disagree with your assessment of Hell.
Also you don't seem to fully understand the defination of the word prey. Here is the other meaning for the world that seems to be giving you so much trouble:

someone who is easily harmed or affected in a bad way by someone or something.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prey

I'm having trouble finding whatever you're talking about. Is it that version of hell where you're just floating in nothing for eternity? Because, if it is, I'm going to need to end this conversation on the grounds that you're an idiot for asking what the difference is between that and a world of unbelievers.

Ok. How does one "harm" a soul, in this hypothetical world where they exist?
05-03-2014, 11:44 PM
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

It is so simple that any human being should be able to answer.

Let us live, and then let us die. Why torture at all? Why not just let those who don't want to 'serve him' as you put it just stop existing once they're dead? Can your deity not imagine such a solution?

Or is it simply too frightening a concept to accept?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
06-03-2014, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 08:01 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(05-03-2014 11:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Explain again why your 'all-powerful' creator needs anybody to do anything for him? Laughat
God is the God of the known universe...

Evidence or GTFO.

(05-03-2014 11:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  He set forth the principles and laws that govern nature.

Evidence or GTFO.

(05-03-2014 11:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  Things that we can identify and place our own names on like: Light, chemistry, physics etc... Why would a God of these principles look to 'magic' his way across the universe, circumventing these natural processes He put into place, every time He wants something done?

Not my problem. Why did your god supposedly make a universe that's so inconvenient for him to travel across and change? How can that even be possible for an all powerful god? Can your god not violate the laws of the universe? Then why call him god? Fucking dumbass...

(05-03-2014 11:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  Wouldn't it make much more sense that a all knowing and all powerful God put these processes in place to aguement[sic] His expressed will and desire?

I assume you meant 'augment'? Assuming he is all knowing and all powerful, then he'd know that this universe is not at all compelling evidence for his existence, to anyone who values evidence for determining the state of truth and reality. So there is that...

(05-03-2014 11:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  Like say he has a people he needs to keep busy for eternity running this infinite universe with different jobs..

So all-knowing and all-powerful, yet he makes a universe that requires middle management? What the actual fuck?

Also, evidence or GTFO.

(05-03-2014 11:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  Wouldn't it stand to reason that an all knowing all powerful God could conceivably create a process or an aspect of some celestial body that needs the attention or attendance of a being who has proven himself worthy for such a task?

That's possible, but nonsensical for it to do so. Also, you're just trying to equate your ignorance with proof of your god's existence again. Nice try, but you're still just wallowing in ignorance and failure.

(05-03-2014 11:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  What else would you have us do for eternity? Goto church?!?!

You're assuming we'll do anything for eternity. Drinking Beverage

(05-03-2014 11:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  Your understanding of God (a being who needs to magic everything He does) is at best an elementary 1st/2nd grade understanding of an all knowing all powerful deity.

Nope. I'm just taking your limitless god concept to it's logical conclusions, you are the fucktard placing limits on your limitless god. Facepalm

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-03-2014, 01:08 AM
I don't believe in hell; that would credit the idea of God.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
06-03-2014, 02:26 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 02:29 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  What would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?
Oh i've got a better idea for God! [Image: large.jpg]

God can take my advice anytime and go FU*K himself for all i care! serve him for eternity? like i fucking owe my life to this imaginary monster of yours! [Image: flipping-the-bird.gif]

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 2 users Like IndianAtheist's post