If not Hell then what?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 03:32 AM
RE: If not Hell then what?
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

Oh....you're still here.

You'd stopped squeaking...I thought just maybe you'd finally digested and understood what EVERYONE was saying about your spelling and grammar. And here you are, back again, with a whole sentence without a single mistake. Well done!

It's a shame you're asking such a stupid question...but at least the wording is understandable.

I'll repay the the effort you must have put into getting that sentence right.

Firstly, your god doesn't exist.

Secondly, we die, and that's it. There's no eternity for us.

Thirdly, if god did exist, and he is as described, and somehow we exist for eternity, he doesn't need to "do anything" with anyone. He's omniscient and omnipotent, so he's cool. You're not, so don't waste your thoughts on hypotheticals.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Mark Fulton's post
06-03-2014, 03:59 AM
(06-03-2014 12:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 11:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  Things that we can identify and place our own names on like: Light, chemistry, physics etc... Why would a God of these principles look to 'magic' his way across the universe, circumventing these natural processes He put into place, every time He wants something done?

Not my problem. Why did your god supposedly make a universe that's so inconvenient for him to travel across and change? How can that even be possible for an all powerful god? Can your god not violate the laws of the universe? Then why call him god? Fucking dumbass...

Good point.

Nothing can move faster than the speed of light. That includes information. So how can a God of the universe who does not do 'magic' or violate physical laws be able to sense everyone on this planet or listen to prayers unless it was a being local to this solar system?

There's no point praying if you need to wait billions of years for an answer.

If God is outside of the universe then how can God sense it or interact with its micro-components? Why pray to be healed or even for guidance? What relevance would a being even have for anyone's lives and therefore why worship him?

God cannot be outside the universe and a part of it as well as otherwise God would be part of the universe. So in order to argue this Drich and his fellow theists need to start explaining the physical mechanisms to allow a universe-scale God to not only exist but to sense and manipulate anything anywhere to such a small scale.

I'm guessing that they'll say that God, Heaven and Hell is squashed into some really small extra dimension and information and micro-manipulation is exchanged using particles or energy that we do not know about.

In which case, this brings up the question of entropy and eternity.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
06-03-2014, 04:23 AM
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  ...
what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

They have to spend an eternity with my ex-wife.

I can't think of anything worse than that.

No, wait, I can...

... an eternity with my ex-wife and her mother!

Gasp

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
06-03-2014, 06:16 AM
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

Let em live in a wonderful world where they can choose to cease to exist when they wish.
06-03-2014, 06:29 AM

Hey, stupid fuckwit. I thought you said you were here to "answer questions", and not to proselytize.

What does your fairy tale book say about fucking liars, eh?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-03-2014, 06:32 AM

[Image: word-salad.png]

06-03-2014, 06:36 AM
(05-03-2014 10:43 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:10 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Somewhere like Earth, where there's problems but not eternal suffering?

Or, maybe he could just be a bit nicer, so people will stop seeing him as terrible and therefore would be more willing to serve him?

Or he could just stop creating the people he knows won't want to serve him.

Also, yes, people go to hell because they "don't want to serve him". Not because they don't believe he exists or have never heard of him. Because they're willfully ignoring him. Right.

So you want to live on a literal Godless planet where there is nothing between you and those who would prey on your soul? Explain to me (besides the view) what you think the difference is between hell and your planet?

So you want to continue to live a life of delusion, hounded by insane imaginings of a wicked sky fairy preying on your imaginary "soul" and enslaving you for eternity?

Our planet is real. Your "hell" (along with your gawd) is a fucking fairy tale.

06-03-2014, 07:05 AM

Well, for one thing, God could simply make it so he wasn't nonfalsifiable. If people had a reason to believe in him, they might be more willing to serve him.

But I think you're putting the cart before the horse. Why the need for eternal reward and punishment in the first place? If people can exist in heaven in a way that involves no suffering, why not just have us all start there? Why this whole "test" on earth in the first place?

The answers to those questions make a lot more sense when you realize the notion of "heaven and hell" was tacked onto Judaism quite a bit later to make people feel like God's justice was still being carried out, when it quite obviously wasn't being carried out in any meaningful way here on earth. Just world hypothesis, and all.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
06-03-2014, 07:16 AM
(05-03-2014 11:21 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 11:20 PM)Drich Wrote:  How do you know they get the same punishment?

Being thrown to hell = eternity of pain in some form. Processes may be different but (any positive amount of pain) * (time=infinity) = (infinite pain)

If you are on a plain of existence without God, to place some sort of protection or hedge around you, the your subject to the whims and will of the evil one. This means being posed or controlled by a demon or demons. Per mat or luke 8. Or at the very least be placed in a world (finite space) with All of history's hitters/stallins. (Unrepentant murders, rapists, genocidal dictators and the very worst man has to offer.) Or do you think that only some should populate your planet? If so who and what are the criteria?

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
06-03-2014, 07:22 AM
(05-03-2014 11:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 11:27 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Wtaf does this guy think he is an alien?

I think he believes god is the Borg queen. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Actually this life has been given to us as a point of resistance, and again after the resurrection there will be a 1000 year 'trial' at the end of which satan is unchained and allowed to gather those who do not want to be in service of God.

In this case the oppertunity for resistance is the point of this life.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.