If not Hell then what?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 07:37 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: If not Hell then what?
(05-03-2014 11:05 PM)Drich Wrote:  Sorry buckster looks like your knowledge of Jewish belief is worse than your understanding of Christianity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharisees
Maybe you better actually read the shit you post, and look at the DATES.
The Babble had ALREADY been written by the time those sects of Judasim had arisen.

(05-03-2014 11:05 PM)Drich Wrote:  How does that change my question?

Typical slimy weasel Drisch. YOU said YOU were here to discuss Biblical Christianity, did you not ? You lying fraud.

(05-03-2014 11:05 PM)Drich Wrote:  Laughat your quoting psalms... You do know the difference between a psalm, proverb and scripture right?

Before you make even MORE of a fool of yourself :
1. It's "you're" not your ... maybe you should get an education.
2. You are THE ONLY Christian on the ENTIRE planet that says the psalms are NOT a part of "scripture". Why not go ahead and define it, and the differences for us, then, genius. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scripture

(05-03-2014 11:05 PM)Drich Wrote:  This is getting shameful.. Do you not know how to use a concordance or google?

So... you can't answer the question.

(05-03-2014 11:05 PM)Drich Wrote:  http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?sea...number=576

Not gonna waste my time on a biased site. Make the argument yourself, or STFU.

(05-03-2014 11:05 PM)Drich Wrote:  But, really your arguement is over on the first page when Christ is identifies himself as a servant of the living God. We as Christians are to follow in the foot steps of Christ.

In your dreams. You throw a biased site at us, and tell yourself you won, and you can't even spell the word "argument" correctly. You deluded fool.

(05-03-2014 11:05 PM)Drich Wrote:  How you tell me some more about Jewish beliefs buckster, or how the bible never speaks of how we are to spend our eternity... Maybe provide us with some scripture this time, rather than your failed understanding of Judaism and Christianity.

"how you" ? You mean "how about you" ? I did provide you with "scripture". You're just too slimy and dishonest to accept it. You are also totally ignorant of ancient Near Eastern and Hebrew cultures. You also have not a clue about how to go about debating someone. You embarrass yourself, every time you post here. Please keep making a fool of yourself. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-03-2014, 07:36 AM
This is funny and sad at the same time. This site used to have some half decent trolls. Now...now we have this guy.

Piece of advice. If you are going to troll at least make your standpoint believable. Right now you look like a brain dead, slobbering fool and at best you are merely wasting time.....unless that's your plan......

clever.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post
06-03-2014, 07:47 AM
(05-03-2014 10:46 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:13 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Now we have to brainstorm ideas to do his job?

Laugh out load you miss understand. You will not get this alternative to Hell. I'm just asking what you would want instead of it. For you or a hell bound loved one.

God's 'job' (in this instance) is to separate the wheat from the weeds, and take the wheat into the store house and the weeds into the fire.

Oh my, this just has to the epitome of fuckshit brain deadery.
[+] 2 users Like joben1's post
06-03-2014, 08:03 AM
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

How about giving them a good reference and sending them on their way to find a better job.
06-03-2014, 08:04 AM
(06-03-2014 07:16 AM)Drich Wrote:  If you are on a plain of existence without God, to place some sort of protection or hedge around you, the your subject to the whims and will of the evil one. This means being posed or controlled by a demon or demons. Per mat or luke 8. Or at the very least be placed in a world (finite space) with All of history's hitters/stallins. (Unrepentant murders, rapists, genocidal dictators and the very worst man has to offer.) Or do you think that only some should populate your planet? If so who and what are the criteria?

I have translated Drich's comment for those having trouble understanding his grammar and sentence structure.

Quote:If you live in a reality without God there to protect you, then you are subject to the whims and will of Satan. This means being that you are controlled by Satan (some reference to a part of the Bible). Or at the very least be moved by God or some as of yet unknown process to a finite world with all of history's dictators, unrepentant murders, rapists, genocidal dictators [again] and the very worst man has to offer. Or do you think that only some people should populate your planet? If so who and what are the criteria?

Sorry, I can't help translate what he means. From what I can tell though it contains a false dichotomy, a mind projection fallacy, false authority,, an unsubstantiated assumption without evidence, an appeal to emotion and another false dichotomy.
[+] 9 users Like Mathilda's post
06-03-2014, 08:10 AM
(05-03-2014 11:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  God is the God of the known universe... He set forth the principles and laws that govern nature. Things that we can identify and place our own names on like: Light, chemistry, physics etc... Why would a God of these principles look to 'magic' his way across the universe, circumventing these natural processes He put into place, every time He wants something done? Wouldn't it make much more sense that a all knowing and all powerful God put these processes in place to aguement His expressed will and desire?

Like say he has a people he needs to keep busy for eternity running this infinite universe with different jobs.. Wouldn't it stand to reason that an all knowing all powerful God could conceivably create a process or an aspect of some celestial body that needs the attention or attendance of a being who has proven himself worthy for such a task?

What else would you have us do for eternity? Goto church?!?!

Your understanding of God (a being who needs to magic everything He does) is at best an elementary 1st/2nd grade understanding of an all knowing all powerful deity.

You are pretending to know things you don't know. You need to go back to the kiddie table. This is the adult table where intelligent, thoughtful people have serious discussions. Make empirically verifiable claims or cogent arguments and you have a place at the adult table. Come here making unfalsifiable claims and waving ancient texts and you need to go back to the kids table where you can talk about anything you want like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or fairies and occasionally you get a smile and a pat on the head but no one takes you seriously.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 4 users Like true scotsman's post
06-03-2014, 08:10 AM
(05-03-2014 10:46 PM)Drich Wrote:  Laugh out load you miss understand. You will not get this alternative to Hell. I'm just asking what you would want instead of it. For you or a hell bound loved one.

God's 'job' (in this instance) is to separate the wheat from the weeds, and take the wheat into the store house and the weeds into the fire.

Why did God create weeds if he only wants wheat? Seems wasteful. Also, it seems rather cruel, given that he made the weeds sentient and "separates" them from the wheat with eternal suffering.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-03-2014, 08:21 AM
(06-03-2014 07:47 AM)joben1 Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:46 PM)Drich Wrote:  Laugh out load you miss understand. You will not get this alternative to Hell. I'm just asking what you would want instead of it. For you or a hell bound loved one.

Oh my, this just has to the epitome of fuckshit brain deadery.

I think his intention is that we tell him what we want to believe will happen instead of going to Hell so that he has something to discredit to make his theories look more plausible in comparison. What theists have trouble grasping though is the concept that atheism is an absence of belief rather than a belief in itself. They cannot see themselves absent of belief and therefore fail to understand how others manage it.

He then ends with the phrase "For you or a hell bound loved one" which is intended to manipulate the conditioning that some lurkers and newbie atheists may still emotionally respond to. In other words emotional blackmail.

I think this is the main purpose of this thread, to sow fear and doubt and get us thinking about Hell, and therefore is intellectually dishonest. It also makes him feel better about himself because he believes that he is going to Heaven and this thread is a means to point and laugh (see smiley in above quote)

See also a previous thread he started:

So what is your defensive strategy?
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
06-03-2014, 03:42 PM
(06-03-2014 08:10 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 11:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  God is the God of the known universe... He set forth the principles and laws that govern nature. Things that we can identify and place our own names on like: Light, chemistry, physics etc... Why would a God of these principles look to 'magic' his way across the universe, circumventing these natural processes He put into place, every time He wants something done? Wouldn't it make much more sense that a all knowing and all powerful God put these processes in place to aguement His expressed will and desire?

Like say he has a people he needs to keep busy for eternity running this infinite universe with different jobs.. Wouldn't it stand to reason that an all knowing all powerful God could conceivably create a process or an aspect of some celestial body that needs the attention or attendance of a being who has proven himself worthy for such a task?

What else would you have us do for eternity? Goto church?!?!

Your understanding of God (a being who needs to magic everything He does) is at best an elementary 1st/2nd grade understanding of an all knowing all powerful deity.

You are pretending to know things you don't know. You need to go back to the kiddie table. This is the adult table where intelligent, thoughtful people have serious discussions. Make empirically verifiable claims or cogent arguments and you have a place at the adult table. Come here making unfalsifiable claims and waving ancient texts and you need to go back to the kids table where you can talk about anything you want like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or fairies and occasionally you get a smile and a pat on the head but no one takes you seriously.

Well said!

Drich has been lurking in an intellectual kindergarten for years...discussing the babble with his "smart" friends.

He's out of his league here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
06-03-2014, 04:08 PM
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

Leave them alone as they are not mandated to like anybody. But, there is no such place so it doesn't really matter now does it.Wink

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —