If not Hell then what?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 04:13 PM
RE: If not Hell then what?
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

There is no evidence the god of the bible, heaven, or hell exist, so there is no way to answer your question. You might as well ask what the magical pink unicorn should do with everyone who doesn't want to serve her for eternity.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 04:32 PM
(06-03-2014 07:22 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 11:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think he believes god is the Borg queen. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Actually this life has been given to us as a point of resistance, and again after the resurrection there will be a 1000 year 'trial' at the end of which satan is unchained and allowed to gather those who do not want to be in service of God.

In this case the oppertunity for resistance is the point of this life.

Wow psychotic delusions how fun!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
06-03-2014, 04:42 PM
(06-03-2014 07:22 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 11:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think he believes god is the Borg queen. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Actually this life has been given to us as a point of resistance, and again after the resurrection there will be a 1000 year 'trial' at the end of which satan is unchained and allowed to gather those who do not want to be in service of God.

In this case the oppertunity for resistance is the point of this life.

Oh sweet, it appears I will have my demigod potential released (because the bible forgot to mention Satan is my mom and Yahweh is my dad) and I will do battle with both at the same time and come out victorious! I will activate a golden age where nobody will know stress and everyone will die after a long and fulfilled life!
[+] 2 users Like DemonicLemon's post
06-03-2014, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 05:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?
You will not get this alternative to Hell. I'm just asking what you would want instead of it. For you or a hell bound loved one.

Hmmm ... good question ... Consider ... oh I know. He could ...

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-03-2014, 06:31 PM
What should I do with gods who don't want to serve me ? .... hmmm

I forget about them and the ones I do remember, I regulate into myth.

But to answer the question, imaginary gods have no power or existence to do anything.
I suppose you could have them cry inside your own mind when people don't do what you want them to do.

Control Freak....geez

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
06-03-2014, 07:17 PM

It seems we have to be intelligent enough to disbelieve in hell, yet gullible enough to allow our belief in god to remain, in order to answer this crude question.

Where to begin? No one, especially not the believers, can even picture eternity. They cannot picture or define god either, yet both concepts seem a common factor in getting other people to do what they say. If you disagree, all you have to do is ask more than one believer to define god and describe eternity. You will have as many answers as people you ask.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
06-03-2014, 07:43 PM

Oh geeze. This one is just too hard! I can't help you. You'll have to visit God for yourself and ask him face to face, so you can have your answer.
06-03-2014, 07:51 PM
(06-03-2014 06:31 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Control Freak....geez

It's all born out of extreme self esteem issues. What's the modern apologetic answer to the problem of evil? Something about free will is the justification for evil in the world, and we need free will so God can tell who really loves him and who doesn't?

So, God allows rapists and murderers to do their thing so he knows who really loves him. He needs a fucking councilor.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-03-2014, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 08:10 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(06-03-2014 07:16 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 11:21 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Being thrown to hell = eternity of pain in some form. Processes may be different but (any positive amount of pain) * (time=infinity) = (infinite pain)

If you are on a plain of existence without God, to place some sort of protection or hedge around you, the your subject to the whims and will of the evil one. This means being posed or controlled by a demon or demons. Per mat or luke 8. Or at the very least be placed in a world (finite space) with All of history's hitters/stallins. (Unrepentant murders, rapists, genocidal dictators and the very worst man has to offer.) Or do you think that only some should populate your planet? If so who and what are the criteria?

Hey. Asshole.

YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER TO SUPPORT YOUR BULLSHIT SKY FAIRY CLAIM. MUCH LESS YOUR "EVIL ONE/DEMONS" BULLSHIT.

UNTIL YOU DO, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
06-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Think of the trillions of children and genuinely good people sent to hell because they were not able to be reached by a christian missionary explaining Jebus blackmail.
I'd rather be in hell defending and fighting with them, then polishing gods knob in a white mansion.

Takes a special kind of empathy deficiency to be happy in heaven.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".