If not Hell then what?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 08:35 PM
RE: If not Hell then what?
(06-03-2014 08:29 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Think of the trillions of children and genuinely good people sent to hell because they were not able to be reached by a christian missionary explaining Jebus blackmail.
I'd rather be in hell defending and fighting with them, then polishing gods knob in a white mansion.

Takes a special kind of empathy deficiency to be happy in heaven.

Isnt there also a verse about how if you have the opportunity to share the word of god with someone and you don't do it and they end up never hearing it, then you go to hell in their place? I thought this was in the bible somewhere but nothing came up in my search for it. Maybe my parents made it up lol.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 08:38 PM
(06-03-2014 08:29 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Think of the trillions of children and genuinely good people sent to hell because they were not able to be reached by a christian missionary explaining Jebus blackmail.
I'd rather be in hell defending and fighting with them, then polishing gods knob in a white mansion.

Yep.

[Image: 125-Atheists-Destined-for-hell-pictured-...-hell-.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
06-03-2014, 08:43 PM
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

I guess he could do like I do, when people don't get down on there knees and bow to me as their savior everywhere I go....
Let it slide.... without hurting anyone....
Egomaniacal, torturing cunt Dodgy

06-03-2014, 08:53 PM
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

The same thing I would do if someone didn't want to serve me for an eternity. Nothing. Because I'm not a insecure fuck that needs people serving and bowing to me for every little moment until the end of time.
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
06-03-2014, 08:57 PM
(06-03-2014 08:35 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  

Isnt there also a verse about how if you have the opportunity to share the word of god with someone and you don't do it and they end up never hearing it, then you go to hell in their place? I thought this was in the bible somewhere but nothing came up in my search for it. Maybe my parents made it up lol.

No, they were probably thinking of Ezekiel 33:8,9, "When I say to the wicked, ‘You wicked person, you will surely die,’ and you do not speak out to dissuade them from their ways, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. But if you do warn the wicked person to turn from their ways and they do not do so, they will die for their sin, though you yourself will be saved."

Hope that helps.

Doc
06-03-2014, 10:15 PM

Nothing. First establish the existence of your god.

Until you do so, your question is meaningless.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-03-2014, 10:19 PM
(06-03-2014 10:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Nothing. First establish the existence of your god.

.....Just like everything else the sumbitch has posted.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
07-03-2014, 12:39 AM
(06-03-2014 10:19 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 10:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Nothing. First establish the existence of your god.

.....Just like everything else the sumbitch has posted.

Can I get an AHMEN!?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
07-03-2014, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 08:41 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(07-03-2014 12:39 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 10:19 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  .....Just like everything else the sumbitch has posted.

Can I get an AHMEN!?

Nope, but you can get a RA'MEN!

[Image: tumblr_l318rg9rrv1qazxt8o1_500.jpg]

May you be touched by his noodly appendage, he did boil for your sins after all.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-03-2014, 04:31 AM
Hell actually seems a good place, full of free-thinkers who don't wish to sell their souls for their own personal benefit. At least according to how Drich has described it to me. All we know from him is that it will be unpleasant for those who want to be God's slave.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ons?page=7