If not Hell then what?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2014, 07:49 PM
RE: If not Hell then what?
(05-03-2014 10:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?

We *understand* your "hell" to be complete and utter made-up bullshit. We suggest you stuff your made-up gawd up your ass. Wrapped in barbed wire, with a hefty dash of habanero sauce.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 07:50 PM
(07-03-2014 03:43 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:43 PM)Drich Wrote:  So you want to live on a literal Godless planet where there is nothing between you and those who would prey on your soul? Explain to me (besides the view) what you think the difference is between hell and your planet?

Well, the whole no "eternal torment" part isn't a tip-off?

(07-03-2014 01:29 PM)Drich Wrote:  I'm having computer problems at the moment and will return to this thread when I get things resolved.

Try compressing boot.ini. That usually helps.

Deleting the Windows 32 files helps too.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
07-03-2014, 11:20 PM
I have found harddrives + magnets can speed up your computer.
[+] 2 users Like DemonicLemon's post
07-03-2014, 11:57 PM
(07-03-2014 01:29 PM)Drich Wrote:  I'm having computer problems at the moment and will return to this thread when I get things resolved.

It's a sign from Jebus. He wants you to stop making believers look like nut cases here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Registries are like cookies; every once in a while they fill up and slow everything down. Open up regedit and clean that puppy out.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
08-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Re: If not Hell then what?
It seems it ought to be easy for an omnipotent God to make a section of Heaven the, not serving God zone.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-03-2014, 09:23 AM
(05-03-2014 11:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  Your understanding of God (a being who needs to magic everything He does) is at best an elementary 1st/2nd grade understanding of an all knowing all powerful deity.

But YOU know better? You know More than anyone else here? Only YOU in this entire thread of able and intelligent people KNOW what god is and what god is not???

really?

Your hell will be pissing off a god who gave strict instructions to not worship anything but him and you can spend eternity explaining to him WHY you set yourself so high as to be able to explain god; completely embroiled in your self-worship.

good luck with that

Drinking Beverage

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 5 users Like WitchSabrina's post
08-03-2014, 11:31 AM
(08-03-2014 09:23 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 11:18 PM)Drich Wrote:  Your understanding of God (a being who needs to magic everything He does) is at best an elementary 1st/2nd grade understanding of an all knowing all powerful deity.

But YOU know better? You know More than anyone else here? Only YOU in this entire thread of able and intelligent people KNOW what god is and what god is not???

Able and intelligent people who may have a 1st/2nd grade understanding of some fantasy with no basis in reality, but who also have a clear understanding of the laws of physics and why the fantasy relies on magic.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
08-03-2014, 11:40 AM
If not Hell then what?
(07-03-2014 11:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

It's a sign from Jebus. He wants you to stop making believers look like nut cases here.

Notice the computer problems started after Drich's "God Wants More Slaves In Heaven" monologue...

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post