If one more person "thanks god" for providing a cure for an illness, I'll lose it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2014, 02:34 PM
If one more person "thanks god" for providing a cure for an illness, I'll lose it!
ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I can't fucking take it anymore!!! So many of my acquaintances and peripheral friends have fallen ill with cancer, or had a child face a major medical condition, or involved in a horrific car accident.

All of them. And I mean ALL of them. Pray to god. Thank god. Their friend's make comments on FB offering prayers with no tangible help.

I can't fucking take it anymore. Why the fuck are you thanking god for helping you feel better when if god existed according to them, he is the one that fucking gave you the cancer to begin with?!?! Its like watching a battered spouse thank their abuser for abusing them...or thanking them for getting them ice for their wounds. AGGHHHHH I want to shake them!!! Beat_stick

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Cathym112's post
05-12-2014, 02:45 PM
RE: If one more person "thanks god" for providing a cure for an illness, I'll lose it!
Not me. I'm more into the bitch-slap a dozen times, yell "Wake the fuck up," then shaking them.

I think my favorite was the doctor that got Ebola, had research firms scrambling to get enough vaccine, entire countries sending help, planes, evac people, and an entire hospital of doctors and nurses helping him survive and he thanked god.

Angry

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
05-12-2014, 02:52 PM
RE: If one more person "thanks god" for providing a cure for an illness, I'll lose it!
It's truly enraging.

If they get sick, it's the bad scientists' fault for not protecting us or a test by God.
If they can't get cured, it's the bad doctors' fault for failing or God's punishment.
If they get cured, OF COURSE it's because of God.

Why the irony is so hard for some people to grasp is beyond me.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
05-12-2014, 02:56 PM
God is testing our atheism, I’m sure of it.

[Image: keep-calm-and-bang-your-head-here.png]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
05-12-2014, 02:56 PM
I can never understand how they completely ignore the medical attention people get and just jump right to god fixing it. Weeping

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
05-12-2014, 03:04 PM
(05-12-2014 02:56 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I can never understand how they completely ignore the medical attention people get and just jump right to god fixing it. Weeping

According to Mr. Ebola Patient, god works *through* the doctors.

Clever disguise, eh?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
05-12-2014, 03:12 PM
What I always find funny is that, at least in my own experience, it wasn't even like prayer was a one time thing and they just attributed whatever happened after to him (so long as it was good), it was something they had to do repeatedly.

Their omnipresent, omniscient, omnibenevolent God not only needs to be alerted to their illness and desire to get better, but needs to be reminded on a regular basis. Facepalm

(05-12-2014 03:04 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 02:56 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I can never understand how they completely ignore the medical attention people get and just jump right to god fixing it. Weeping

Clever disguise, eh?

Which means that whenever someone dies through surgery complications, God hated them so much he inhabited the doctors' body just to kill 'em off personally. Yes

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
05-12-2014, 03:55 PM
It's not the thanking God over the medical team.

It's the failure to see that they are thanking their abuser for abusing them! That's what is driving me crazy!!!!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
05-12-2014, 05:34 PM
(05-12-2014 03:04 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  

Clever disguise, eh?

What do they think when the doctors fuck up? But of course, God works in mysterious ways.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
05-12-2014, 05:39 PM
(05-12-2014 03:12 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  What I always find funny is that, at least in my own experience, it wasn't even like prayer was a one time thing and they just attributed whatever happened after to him (so long as it was good), it was something they had to do repeatedly.

Their omnipresent, omniscient, omnibenevolent God not only needs to be alerted to their illness and desire to get better, but needs to be reminded on a regular basis. Facepalm

(05-12-2014 03:04 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  According to Mr. Ebola Patient, god works *through* the doctors.

Clever disguise, eh?

Which means that whenever someone dies through surgery complications, God hated them so much he inhabited the doctors' body just to kill 'em off personally. Yes

I also get pissed when athletes cross themselves before a race or point to the sky when they score. What about the other team or the other athlete? I guess god takes sides. He doesn't know much about sportsmanship, it wasn't one of the 10 commandments.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.