If praying worked??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2012, 10:03 AM

RE: If praying worked??
I'd love nothing more than for America to find ONE Iraq Amputee vet to pray for....
Rally ALL the faiths on a national week of prayer to pray for ONE thing and ONE thing only for ONE person only. For a limb to grow back for this American Hero. On Monday we'd pray to JC, on Tuesday we'd pray to Xenu, Wednesday we'd pray to Muhommad...and so on. We'd appeal to ALL the gods for a single miracle.

I know the responses already, sadly. By choosing them all, you displayed little or NO faith in the one.. true... (insert god here).

I'd still like to see this experiment and see the social ramifications.

Hear certain Church's not do it due to interpretation of thier sacred text, other's pray to their one god all week...bascially a week of Religious Nuttery.

How can we make this happen?
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
16-02-2012, 09:53 AM
(15-02-2012 10:03 AM)Denicio Wrote:  I'd love nothing more than for America to find ONE Iraq Amputee vet to pray for....
Rally ALL the faiths on a national week of prayer to pray for ONE thing and ONE thing only for ONE person only. For a limb to grow back for this American Hero. On Monday we'd pray to JC, on Tuesday we'd pray to Xenu, Wednesday we'd pray to Muhommad...and so on. We'd appeal to ALL the gods for a single miracle.

I know the responses already, sadly. By choosing them all, you displayed little or NO faith in the one.. true... (insert god here).

I'd still like to see this experiment and see the social ramifications.

Hear certain Church's not do it due to interpretation of thier sacred text, other's pray to their one god all week...bascially a week of Religious Nuttery.

How can we make this happen?

Alternatively we can find a complete vet and get him to claim that his limb grew back because all his friends prayed for him. It would go viral and the various cults would be competing to claim that their pray-ers did the most praying and were the true cult therefore.

Then much later, after Faux News and the Vatican had verified the veracity of it all, our non-amputee friend can debunk it all by coming clean
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2012, 03:56 PM
I have a lot of religious friends and family members and I see them all pray for health, money, good luck and what not. I have not asked any of them there reasoning for praying but I can only assume it is what they believe will work. If you pray for something and it never happens, do you lose some of your faith? I asked my grandmother this and she said no because she feels like in time, it will happen.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2012, 06:44 PM
I would have won the lottery back in 1986 and I would be a genitalactic freq of nature.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
16-02-2012, 07:52 PM
All the prayers my son did for his baby didn't keep it alive. She died in 3 weeks. The bigger question is! Is Jesus a baby killer? If he holds the keys to life and death he snuffed out my grand daughter. Jesus is a baby killer!! Prayer is nothing more than a placebo effect. I worked for PTL and seen mass fake healing. We would laugh in the control room at the people. The best was the ones falling down. Talk about a side show. It's a freak show that is free. Just go to a Earnest Angley Show I wont dignify it as a church. You will laugh your ass off.
16-02-2012, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2012 07:58 PM by houseofcantor.)
(11-02-2012 10:31 PM)satan69 Wrote:  If praying worked and god stopped people from dying, after someone prayed to him, how many earths would we need to house all the people?

Sorry, but that's dumb; stopping dying. Ya get three bills of carrying capacity in the cranium (memory-wise). Any thinking of living over three hundred years with the standard equipment ain't thinking...

(looks to the left) Nope, no Gwynnies. Praying still doesn't work. Wink
(16-02-2012 06:44 PM)Thomas Wrote:  I would be a genitalactic freq of nature.

I mean, woah. Can't touch this...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-02-2012, 10:25 PM
if praying worked, then prayers by athletes before sporting events would be outlawed as 'performance enhancement'.
[+] 1 user Likes paulesungnomo's post
17-02-2012, 08:56 AM

(16-02-2012 07:52 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I worked for PTL and seen mass fake healing.

YO YO NEOA
Dont assume some of us poor sods understand capitol initials.

Please define PTL.

Mucho Thanks!

D
17-02-2012, 01:37 PM
(17-02-2012 08:56 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 07:52 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I worked for PTL and seen mass fake healing.

YO YO NEOA

Please define PTL.

Mucho Thanks!

D

Praise The Lord! It was a network for cable. and owned 1 TV station.
17-02-2012, 02:05 PM

(17-02-2012 01:37 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 08:56 AM)Denicio Wrote:  

YO YO NEOA

Please define PTL.

Mucho Thanks!

D

Praise The Lord! It was a network for cable. and owned 1 TV station.

Ahhh, like a local version of TBN?