If religion died or never existed....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2014, 02:50 AM
If religion died or never existed....
Who would we have left to argue with?Laugh out load

With all the time you spend arguing with theists, writing books about atheism ( if you do that sort of thing ) , or morality or what have you. With the time we spend on here debating theists , or using the really bad ones as our own personal punching bags, what would we all be doing with our times instead?

What about all the other stuff? Like the times all of us spent or spend today in churches or the times you spent reading the bible or other holy book.

What do you think would change in how you spend your time from now on if religion just died and how do you think you would had turned out if religion never existed?
How would the world be if it never did?

Would any of us had ever met on the cyber space if it was not for here?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2014, 03:38 AM
RE: If religion died or never existed....
I would have found somewhere else to be and something else to do. I barely post here as it is.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post
12-10-2014, 05:32 AM
(12-10-2014 02:50 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Who would we have left to argue with?Laugh out load

With all the time you spend arguing with theists, writing books about atheism ( if you do that sort of thing ) , or morality or what have you. With the time we spend on here debating theists , or using the really bad ones as our own personal punching bags, what would we all be doing with our times instead?

What about all the other stuff? Like the times all of us spent or spend today in churches or the times you spent reading the bible or other holy book.

What do you think would change in how you spend your time from now on if religion just died and how do you think you would had turned out if religion never existed?

Religion isn't the only thing that begs reason.

Homeopathy,
Astrology,
Chemtrails,

The list is extensive.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
12-10-2014, 05:37 AM
(12-10-2014 05:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 02:50 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Who would we have left to argue with?Laugh out load

Religion isn't the only thing that begs reason.

Homeopathy,
Astrology,
Chemtrails,

The list is extensive.

we might have to rename the forums to Penn & Tellers Bullshit continuity
12-10-2014, 06:35 AM
(12-10-2014 02:50 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What do you think would change in how you spend your time from now on if religion just died

Probably not too much; anti-theism is actually a relatively small part of my day and has only become significant at all in the last few years. Before that I was mostly an apatheist. I've got enough other interests that I could fill the time easily.

Quote:and how do you think you would had turned out if religion never existed?

Pretty much the same; I grew up nominally Catholic but never actually believed any of it and religion just wasn't an issue except for a boring hour or so on Sunday morning when I was very young.

Quote:How would the world be if it never did?

I think that by now we'd probably have colonized most of the solar system, extended life times at least double what they are, and eliminated cancer, ALS, MS, Parkinson's, and most other diseases. Religion has been a huge drag on advancement.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
12-10-2014, 06:38 AM
(12-10-2014 05:37 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 05:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  Religion isn't the only thing that begs reason.

Homeopathy,
Astrology,
Chemtrails,

The list is extensive.

we might have to rename the forums to Penn & Tellers Bullshit continuity

The name of the forum gives equal weight to "Thinking" and "Atheist", so no.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2014, 07:13 AM
I argue with Health Food Hippies, Vegans and people who like crap beer more than I argue with religious people.

In fact I think I argue with atheists more than I argue with the religious too :L

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
12-10-2014, 07:43 AM

I also argue with people that believe in the Illuminati, which reminds me, I should make a video about how the vigilant Christian is a dumb ass.
12-10-2014, 07:54 AM
I'd have all my ribs intact. So is probably be happier.
12-10-2014, 08:03 AM
I'm sure there would be some dumbasses somewhere always trying to start a new religion. You could spend time beating them into submission before they take root. Big Grin