If someone invites you to Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2014, 12:20 AM
RE: If someone invites you to Church
(14-02-2014 10:53 PM)Pippen Wrote:  and you explain it isn't your thing, but thanks anyway, do they get hurt? I mean beyond the normal "Oh yeah I can't make it" kind of disappointment.

It depends on the person. But really, it's hard to see how someone could be hurt if you just tell them religion isn't your thing, or whatever.

If you really want to just totally avoid any discussion, you could lie and say you already have a church, and it forbids you from going to other churches, or even from discussing religion...except to tell people you can't go to their church. This is obviously going to seem ridiculous, so you'll have to preactice it until you can do it with a straiught face...and never admit you were lying about it.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2014, 03:06 PM
(16-02-2014 12:20 AM)toadaly Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 10:53 PM)Pippen Wrote:  and you explain it isn't your thing, but thanks anyway, do they get hurt? I mean beyond the normal "Oh yeah I can't make it" kind of disappointment.

It depends on the person. But really, it's hard to see how someone could be hurt if you just tell them religion isn't your thing, or whatever.

If you really want to just totally avoid any discussion, you could lie and say you already have a church, and it forbids you from going to other churches, or even from discussing religion...except to tell people you can't go to their church. This is obviously going to seem ridiculous, so you'll have to preactice it until you can do it with a straiught face...and never admit you were lying about it.

Wouldn't get away with that one. She knows I am a godless heathen. I think she sees church as a social thing so she isn't trying to convert me as such, just sharing an activity she is involved with. The first time she mentioned it I laughed and said "You have met me haven't you?"
16-02-2014, 04:04 PM
"Thanks for the offer, but its REALLY not my thing. Don't let me stop you from going and enjoying yourself. Go have fun!"

decline, support, encourage!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
16-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm with DLJ.

Laugh and laugh and laugh...
16-02-2014, 04:31 PM
I haven't been asked to go to a church since college.

My answer then was "Fuck off."

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
16-02-2014, 04:36 PM
I would accept, bring my boomblaster, a hatchet, and this song, and then proceed to "interpret" the lyrics of this song via the tools I brought with me

Courtesy of Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
16-02-2014, 11:50 PM
(16-02-2014 03:06 PM)Pippen Wrote:  Wouldn't get away with that one. She knows I am a godless heathen. I think she sees church as a social thing so she isn't trying to convert me as such, just sharing an activity she is involved with. The first time she mentioned it I laughed and said "You have met me haven't you?"

Then you're stuck with something to the effect of, "well, religion isn't my thing. But if you want to hang out, why don't we go frisbee golf?"

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
17-02-2014, 12:55 AM
(16-02-2014 11:50 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 03:06 PM)Pippen Wrote:  Wouldn't get away with that one. She knows I am a godless heathen. I think she sees church as a social thing so she isn't trying to convert me as such, just sharing an activity she is involved with. The first time she mentioned it I laughed and said "You have met me haven't you?"

Then you're stuck with something to the effect of, "well, religion isn't my thing. But if you want to hang out, why don't we go frisbee golf?"

I just try and get her horribly drunk and drag her out for a fun night on the lash. It's worked a couple of times which is bloody surprising seeing how straight she is. I am a terrible influence.
17-02-2014, 01:23 AM
I just laugh and keep walking.
17-02-2014, 08:30 AM
(15-02-2014 04:50 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You could say that you were taken to a church once as a small child and this happened.

My husband's name is Damien :-)

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson