Poll: If the Bible was true would you reject GOD/JESUS on moral grounds
YES
NO
[Show Results]

If the Bible was true, would you reject GOD ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2013, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2013 12:17 AM by sporehux.)
Question If the Bible was true, would you reject GOD ?
I've realized that I don't know a single person who is a Theist that rejects GOD on moral grounds.
I guess Hell is worse than betraying your own conscious ?

If I came upon indisputable proof of GOD/JESUS, I would regard him as the criminal the Bible proves him to be.
Unless of course he said the Bibles were bullshit,
then how will he judge people of faith that accepted these crimes against humanity.

So maybe i'm guilty of my own pascal's wager.

No god = death (no punishment)
Is a god = passed the moral test by not believing in the bible
Safer to be an Atheist than to risk damnation.

My self respect is the most precious thing I own, it can't be stolen, so why would I ever surrender it.
Theists will just call this pride and "that's a sin".

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2013, 11:57 PM
RE: If the Bible was true, would you reject GOD ?
Yep. Because if we're talking the god of the bible, he's a conceited and self conscious dick who cares far too much about his own vanity. Why would you worship a giant dick?

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
18-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Being a prophet is kinda "indisputable proof that the Bible is true," but it just ain't like that. So I'm kinda conflicted about the thing... I'm reminded of that tired ol' canard about "killing Hitler," as I'm pretty sure alla them peeps talking big smack would shut their holes and lockstep just like everybody else. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2013, 12:10 AM
Can't help thinking the Theists will read this thread and say , AHA!!, I told you your only an Atheist because you hate GOD.
And by responding with, If he was real I would hate him, is not helping that argument much.

18-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Fuck that. If the god of the bible is true, I'm sucking whatever I gotta just to get on.

That motherfucker is serious. Not seriously real, thank Odin, but the jews didn't fuck around, and neither did their war god. There's a reason people just said "okay" and paid their tithes and didn't raise a ruckus.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
18-11-2013, 12:47 AM
(18-11-2013 12:34 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Fuck that. If the god of the bible is true, I'm sucking whatever I gotta just to get on.

That motherfucker is serious. Not seriously real, thank Odin, but the jews didn't fuck around, and neither did their war god. There's a reason people just said "okay" and paid their tithes and didn't raise a ruckus.

Sycophant Dodgy ill curse your name while I'm screaming in torment for eternity.

18-11-2013, 12:55 AM
If the bible was true...hmm. I was so conflicted about the bible even back when I was a Christian. It is so confusing and it contradicts itself so much. I don't know how to answer the question, because I can't wrap my mind around the possibility of the entire thing being true. Either one half or the other, but not the whole thing. In the end I guess I would reject god if the bible were true. If nothing more than for the obvious fact that that he suffers from a severe case of multiple personalities and most of his alters are sick and demented.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
18-11-2013, 12:58 AM
If Yahweh existed, then so would the Olympians, the gods of Norse, and all other beings. While they burn in hell, I will enlist their help, to help each other break out of hell, and gather our power and use it in a last stand to defeat the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, Moses, Muhammad, Joseph Smith, and the other Abrahamic prophets.
18-11-2013, 01:05 AM
(18-11-2013 12:58 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  If Yahweh existed, then so would the Olympians, the gods of Norse, and all other beings. While they burn in hell, I will enlist their help, to help each other break out of hell, and gather our power and use it in a last stand to defeat the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, Moses, Muhammad, Joseph Smith, and the other Abrahamic prophets.

If I get my own "viper" then I'll join the rebellion.

18-11-2013, 01:22 AM
If the bible were true that would mean that I would no longer be in this universe. I would be in some other reality in which physics randomly changed from day to day and could be controlled through mental thought. A place where all reason and rational thought are void and useless.
A place devoid of empathy, caring and justice. In this type of world, I would be a god. There would no reason to reject myself.

Any other being claiming to be a god would be destroyed by me.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post