If the theists will not come to us to be mocked, we shall go to them

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2013, 08:52 PM
If the theists will not come to us to be mocked, we shall go to them
So I was looking for a list of all gods in history who have been depicted as human (anthropomorphized) and I stumbled across this gem. It looks similar to those chain pseudo-science sites I stumbled on a year ago, but I hadn't seen this particular one yet.

It's a college-educated (he will remind you several times) "atheist turned theist" and the usual arguments for God. On Critical Thinking 101, he details how he first doubted his atheism - when a sports coach told his team to drink lots of water, he realized that nutritional science was different back in the day and therefore science is constantly changing and untrustworthy.

http://www.allaboutthejourney.org/

There's plenty to laugh at and I haven't gotten to it all. What I have seen is ripe with logical fallacy (the usual), cultural ignorance ("why is it that when I bring up Buddha or Brahma in a coffee shop, no one gets offended like they do with Jesus?"), and misunderstandings ("evolution is the current theory on the origins of life"). But hey, at least he doesn't disable ratings or comments on his Youtube videos like most theists.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
19-03-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: If the theists will not come to us to be mocked, we shall go to them
(19-03-2013 08:52 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  So I was looking for a list of all gods in history who have been depicted as human (anthropomorphized) and I stumbled across this gem. It looks similar to those chain pseudo-science sites I stumbled on a year ago, but I hadn't seen this particular one yet.

It's a college-educated (he will remind you several times) "atheist turned theist" and the usual arguments for God. On Critical Thinking 101, he details how he first doubted his atheism - when a sports coach told his team to drink lots of water, he realized that nutritional science was different back in the day and therefore science is constantly changing and untrustworthy.

http://www.allaboutthejourney.org/

There's plenty to laugh at and I haven't gotten to it all. What I have seen is ripe with logical fallacy (the usual), cultural ignorance ("why is it that when I bring up Buddha or Brahma in a coffee shop, no one gets offended like they do with Jesus?"), and misunderstandings ("evolution is the current theory on the origins of life"). But hey, at least he doesn't disable ratings or comments on his Youtube videos like most theists.

And "moreover", you can invite him to speak, (for a fee of course). There must be a section in apologetics where they get taught about certain words to use. The first one is always "moreover". Snort.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

20-03-2013, 01:15 AM
Sounds like you are assembling an army of atheotrolls.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
20-03-2013, 02:04 AM
There was something in my bucket after watching half of one of his videos
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-03-2013, 07:29 AM
How is that cultural ignorance, please? Only Atheists get offended when you bring up Buddha and not Jesus. And nearly everyone of all "faiths" in America uses Jesus's name as a curse:

For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me."

Another Bible prophecy fulfilled!
21-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Just watched Randall's video on the human eye and I shudder at the dishonesty and ignorance. This guy was never a "materialist naturalist", at least not one with any education.
21-03-2013, 10:53 PM
"He realized that nutritional science was different back in the day and
therefore science is constantly changing and untrustworthy."

That's probably because he didn't know how science works, or why it changes.

I swear people like that want something that never changes, but everything in their life changes including themselves. Embracing change rather than running from it is what saves people from that mistake.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post
21-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Got as far as "DNA's digital code"

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
22-03-2013, 05:18 AM
(21-03-2013 10:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  "He realized that nutritional science was different back in the day and
therefore science is constantly changing and untrustworthy."

That's probably because he didn't know how science works, or why it changes.

I swear people like that want something that never changes, but everything in their life changes including themselves. Embracing change rather than running from it is what saves people from that mistake.

and this explains why they used to kill scientists.
22-03-2013, 05:25 AM
(21-03-2013 07:29 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  How is that cultural ignorance, please? Only Atheists get offended when you bring up Buddha and not Jesus. And nearly everyone of all "faiths" in America uses Jesus's name as a curse:

For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me."

Another Bible prophecy fulfilled!
"Atheists get offended when you bring up Buddha not Jesus"? What does that mean?

Yes, the common use Jesus' name as a curse. It's also common to say things like "holy cow" (making fun of the sacred cow worship of Hinduism). That's not a fulfillment of prophecy because the passage you quoted wasn't prophesy. Even if it were prophesy, how generic would it be to suppose that, as a popular icon, people would insult you? What popular figure would not fulfill such a prophesy?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user