If the theists will not come to us to be mocked, we shall go to them

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2013, 05:34 AM
RE: If the theists will not come to us to be mocked, we shall go to them
(19-03-2013 08:52 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  But hey, at least he doesn't disable ratings or comments on his Youtube videos like most theists.

He may not have disabled comments on his videos, but his blog will not allow them. I would love to post a couple of obvious bible contradictions on his page about them, or explain why prophecy doesn't work like he thinks it does, but there's no way to do that. Figures.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:"Atheists get offended when you bring up Buddha not Jesus"? What does that mean?

Yes, the common use Jesus' name as a curse. It's also common to say things like "holy cow" (making fun of the sacred cow worship of Hinduism). That's not a fulfillment of prophecy because the passage you quoted wasn't prophesy. Even if it were prophesy, how generic would it be to suppose that, as a popular icon, people would insult you? What popular figure would not fulfill such a prophesy?
Atheists only are offended by other gods. Muslims get ticked at offending Allah or the veneration of Muhammed. But in general in America, everyone of most every religion uses Jesus's name as a curse word or expression of anger or disgust. The prophecy is simple. Jesus is God. The curses that people would put on Father God (Goddammit!) often fall on Jesus... Jesus Christ! No one says "Buddha!" or "David Koresh!" but even Americans Muslims and Hindus say "Jesus!" when they stub their toe or break a nail. A better prophecy in this vein are the six OT quotations that the Jewish Messiah will also receive worship worldwide among Gentiles. True as the nearest church building on your street!
Find all posts by this user
23-03-2013, 08:12 PM
(22-03-2013 07:09 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:"Atheists get offended when you bring up Buddha not Jesus"? What does that mean?

Yes, the common use Jesus' name as a curse. It's also common to say things like "holy cow" (making fun of the sacred cow worship of Hinduism). That's not a fulfillment of prophecy because the passage you quoted wasn't prophesy. Even if it were prophesy, how generic would it be to suppose that, as a popular icon, people would insult you? What popular figure would not fulfill such a prophesy?
Atheists only are offended by other gods. Muslims get ticked at offending Allah or the veneration of Muhammed. But in general in America, everyone of most every religion uses Jesus's name as a curse word or expression of anger or disgust. The prophecy is simple. Jesus is God. The curses that people would put on Father God (Goddammit!) often fall on Jesus... Jesus Christ! No one says "Buddha!" or "David Koresh!" but even Americans Muslims and Hindus say "Jesus!" when they stub their toe or break a nail. A better prophecy in this vein are the six OT quotations that the Jewish Messiah will also receive worship worldwide among Gentiles. True as the nearest church building on your street!

People say Jesus for the same reason they say Fuck. It's offensive to people and so it carries weight and let's everyone know you're serious. That's why people don't say "Ham Sandwich!" when they're angry. They want others to know they're angry. If your messiah's name had a different cadence to it, no one would use it as a swear word. If you people still correctly called him Yeshua of Nazareth, I guarantee that no one would be shouting it when they stubbed their toe.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
23-03-2013, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2013 08:31 PM by Heathen.)
Profanity in Quebec is interesting. Quebec has a huge proportion of Catholics, they are the reason we have publicly funded catholic schools in most of Canada and they nearly had themselves a pope recently. I've spent a bit of time there and catholicism is woven through the fabric of that province, big time. But the profanity is interesting and quite complex. All of it is directly squarely at the church. Quebecois profanity even has it's own Wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_French_profanity

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
23-03-2013, 10:43 PM
(22-03-2013 07:09 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Atheists only are offended by other gods. Muslims get ticked at offending Allah or the veneration of Muhammed. But in general in America, everyone of most every religion uses Jesus's name as a curse word or expression of anger or disgust. The prophecy is simple. Jesus is God. The curses that people would put on Father God (Goddammit!) often fall on Jesus... Jesus Christ! No one says "Buddha!" or "David Koresh!" but even Americans Muslims and Hindus say "Jesus!" when they stub their toe or break a nail. A better prophecy in this vein are the six OT quotations that the Jewish Messiah will also receive worship worldwide among Gentiles. True as the nearest church building on your street!
You still didn't clarify why you think it's prophecy, as opposed to what it probably is -- a statement of what was happening at the time. Prophesies usually include the word "will", as in "people will insult me". The phrase you quoted from the bible (but didn't cite) was "the insults of those who insult you have fallen on me". The tense of those verbs suggest a present occurrence (as in present at the time of its writing) rather than a future one -- that's what you needed to explain.

And why doesn't it surprise me that you suggest "six OT quotations that the Jewish Messiah will... receive worship" but didn't cite even a single one of those, either. It leads me to believe that you're either making it up or lacking confidence in your sources.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
25-03-2013, 06:00 AM
(23-03-2013 10:43 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 07:09 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Atheists only are offended by other gods. Muslims get ticked at offending Allah or the veneration of Muhammed. But in general in America, everyone of most every religion uses Jesus's name as a curse word or expression of anger or disgust. The prophecy is simple. Jesus is God. The curses that people would put on Father God (Goddammit!) often fall on Jesus... Jesus Christ! No one says "Buddha!" or "David Koresh!" but even Americans Muslims and Hindus say "Jesus!" when they stub their toe or break a nail. A better prophecy in this vein are the six OT quotations that the Jewish Messiah will also receive worship worldwide among Gentiles. True as the nearest church building on your street!
You still didn't clarify why you think it's prophecy, as opposed to what it probably is -- a statement of what was happening at the time. Prophesies usually include the word "will", as in "people will insult me". The phrase you quoted from the bible (but didn't cite) was "the insults of those who insult you have fallen on me". The tense of those verbs suggest a present occurrence (as in present at the time of its writing) rather than a future one -- that's what you needed to explain.

And why doesn't it surprise me that you suggest "six OT quotations that the Jewish Messiah will... receive worship" but didn't cite even a single one of those, either. It leads me to believe that you're either making it up or lacking confidence in your sources.

What? SleazyJebus making shit up? Perish the thought...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
25-03-2013, 06:35 AM
Let's start with Isaiah 49:6, "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."
Thank you.
25-03-2013, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:16 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism