If there is information, then there is nothing to discuss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: If there is information, then there is nothing to discuss
(22-06-2017 11:43 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 11:41 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Your concept of the relationship between information and logic is uninformed.

But not illogical? Rolleyes

More like alogical. Wink

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-06-2017, 02:54 PM
(22-06-2017 08:37 AM)HeYYow Wrote:  Please delete my account, thanks.

Hey, I totally get it. When I was 16, I was pretty sure I had the world figured out, too.

But really, what were you expecting out of your experience on a forum populated by very smart people who think differently than you? Did you really think you’d come here, drop some “logic bomb” on us and we’d all just be immediately impressed with your way of thinking, be too befuddled to possibly come up with counter arguments and all just unanimously agree to your utter brilliance?

And you didn’t get that, so you’re leaving.

Guess what? Your scenario wasn’t good. You failed to take the human element into consideration. Life is not a one-size fits all experience. We each view the world through our own lenses, and what works for you doesn’t necessarily work for everyone else. Are you a Communist? Communism looks great on paper, but it doesn’t work in real life because it disregards the core nature of human beings.

You opened your post complaining that what you think is best doesn’t require discussion because to you, it’s what’s best. It defies reason why you would even mention it if you didn’t want to discuss it, except that maybe your ego is so great that you really did think we’d fawn all over you for your “amazing, lock-tight” epiphany. You apparently don’t like when people counter your way of thinking, yet you’re sure intolerant toward other people’s way of thinking. That mindset, “I’m right, you’re wrong and there’s no discussion to be had about it,” is going to take you nowhere in life.

Buh-bye!
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
22-06-2017, 03:04 PM
(22-06-2017 02:54 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Are you a Communist? Communism looks great on paper, but it doesn’t work in real life because it disregards the core nature of human beings.

Depend on what paper you look. Going by Kołakowski Main Currents of Marxism or Walicki From the Communist Project to the Neoliberal Utopia it didn't looked good even on paper.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
22-06-2017, 03:57 PM
(22-06-2017 03:28 AM)HeYYow Wrote:  All the informations may not be proven of being %100 true but we accept them as %100 true while we build the logic. For example we are not %100 sure that tomarrow the sun will rise again but we accept it as "fact" while we make our plans for tomarrow. Even if there are many informations about something, we need to determine our aim first and then gather the needed informations, so build the logic.
I think you're conflating physical reality with intellectual certainty.

I am 100% certain that the sun will rise tomorrow. If, for whatever reason, it does not, then empirical evidence will have proven my rational certainty incorrect. Nonetheless, at this point in time I do retain that certainty.

Quote:Logic=explanation=interpretation and some other words, these are the same things. They may be true or false based on the informations they rely.
"logic" is not the same thing as "interpretation".
That's like saying that if I drive to Seattle my car equals Seattle.

Logic is (hopefully) the tool that gets us to an explanation or interpretation.
The tool is not the work done by the tool.

Quote:Discuss mean "to talk about a subject with someone and tell each other your ideas or opinions", we dont need each others opinions about an event. If we have the same informations, we will have the same logical results.
Discussion is one way we can determine if we do have the same information.
It is also a way to acquire additional information which we may not have had.

Quote:Logic is not something individual, its universal.
As someone already observed, "logic" is not an "it"; logic is a category.
There are many kinds of logic, not all of them necessarily intercompatible, or guaranteed to produce the same result.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
22-06-2017, 04:11 PM
(22-06-2017 03:04 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 02:54 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Are you a Communist? Communism looks great on paper, but it doesn’t work in real life because it disregards the core nature of human beings.

Depend on what paper you look. Going by Kołakowski Main Currents of Marxism or Walicki From the Communist Project to the Neoliberal Utopia it didn't looked good even on paper.

Yup. I was right. There's something disturbing about you.

#sigh
22-06-2017, 04:12 PM
(22-06-2017 04:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 03:04 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Depend on what paper you look. Going by Kołakowski Main Currents of Marxism or Walicki From the Communist Project to the Neoliberal Utopia it didn't looked good even on paper.

Yup. I was right. There's something disturbing about you.

Could I be true intellectual without appearing disturbing to lesser minds? Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
22-06-2017, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 04:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-06-2017 04:12 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 04:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yup. I was right. There's something disturbing about you.

Could I be true intellectual without appearing disturbing to lesser minds? Wink

This coupled with your bedside reading material of Hitler, Beria, and Pol Pot bios is one of them "if you see something, say something" red flags I'm supposed to be watching out for. That and Russian women trying to friend me on Facebook.

#sigh
22-06-2017, 04:18 PM
(22-06-2017 04:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This coupled with your bedside reading material of Hitler, Beria, and Pol Pot bios is one of them "if you see something, say something" red flags I'm supposed to pay attention to.

Why you think I've been hiding out in Brazil, Girly? Poland was getting too close for comfort to Bulgaria [Image: LOOKINGSMILEY.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
22-06-2017, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 04:26 PM by Szuchow.)
(22-06-2017 04:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 04:12 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Could I be true intellectual without appearing disturbing to lesser minds? Wink

This coupled with your bedside reading material of Hitler, Beria, and Pol Pot bios is one of them "if you see something, say something" red flags I'm supposed to be watching out for. That and Russian women trying to friend me on Facebook.

Sooner I would look with trepidation on those who have Bible at the bedside table. No author (of my books) glorify genocidal tyrants. Those who compiled the Bible on the other hand...

(22-06-2017 04:18 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 04:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This coupled with your bedside reading material of Hitler, Beria, and Pol Pot bios is one of them "if you see something, say something" red flags I'm supposed to pay attention to.

Why you think I've been hiding out in Brazil, Girly? Poland was getting too close for comfort to Bulgaria [Image: LOOKINGSMILEY.gif]

Ah, so it's Brazil. Comrade Kalashnikov will find a way to show his gratitude. And even will take care of your cat - he likes cats, like Great Comrade Lenin did.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
22-06-2017, 04:30 PM
(22-06-2017 04:20 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 04:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This coupled with your bedside reading material of Hitler, Beria, and Pol Pot bios is one of them "if you see something, say something" red flags I'm supposed to be watching out for. That and Russian women trying to friend me on Facebook.

Sooner I would look with trepidation on those who have Bible at the bedside table. No author (of my books) glorify genocidal tyrants. Those who compiled the Bible on the other hand...

You should put a copy of the Koran on top of the pile just to see if anyone notices.

#sigh