If there was a God(s).....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2017, 06:59 PM
RE: If there was a God(s).....
I just finished Tom Holt's novel The Management Style of the Supreme Beings, which explores this general idea. God decides to retire and sells the earth to a new set of deities who immediately announce themselves to all humanity, so that there's no question of their existence, and set up a pay-for-sin system...complications ensue.

I guess I'd like to know for certain if a god existed. I don't think there's anything the Abrahamic god could do to convince me to worship or admire it, so I'd have to prepare for eternal damnation. The arguments presented in Job don't do it for me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
06-09-2017, 07:33 PM
If the god in question is the Abrahamic god, I'd acknowledge being wrong about his nonexistence, but rather than worship him I'd open a conversation -- with many, many questions from my end.

And then we'd see which of the cherry-pickers are right.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
06-09-2017, 09:51 PM
If a good, caring god suddenly came into existence, then I would expect everything to change.

If nothing changed, then that god either has no power to change things, which means that god isn't a god or doesn't have any morality that would move it to make a change. It would share it's morality with a rock. And if that was the case then all the power is useless if you can't use it.

It would seem unlikely that a god could exist and if one did, it would be identical to a world in which one didn't exist.

Either way, net effect is zero.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
07-09-2017, 04:15 AM
Yes, if god exists, it would be great. And truly never ever thought about it earlier. If god exist all the spiritual powers would be in one place, there are numerous spiritual people who have been gifted with some natural mind power. So that they can visualize the things before it happens actually. Isn't it interesting!! I have recently gone through some articles or blogs for more additional reading about the spiritual powers to know does it truly exist or not.
07-09-2017, 04:47 AM
@DeborahWalker

What would be so great in existence of something called god?

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.