If there was actual evidence that we were the product of intelligent design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2015, 06:39 PM
(10-06-2015 06:37 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 06:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your ignorance
I see. I had no idea this forum was for all knowing members only.

On a serious note. You come across as rather strung up when you hear an idea you don't agree with. Not a trait I have come to associate with most rational people.

This is the last ad hominem you or anyone here gets from me. I prefer to be civil. And that does not mean I have to like you or vice versa. I like the forum. So I am here to stay.

You can choose to be civil. Or steam on your own juices. Personally I think civil is the healthy option.

Hold on...hold on...I'm looking for the fucks I give for trolls....nope, fresh out.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2015, 06:40 PM
RE: If there was actual evidence that we were the product of intelligent design
(10-06-2015 06:39 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 06:37 PM)tomilay Wrote:  I see. I had no idea this forum was for all knowing members only.

On a serious note. You come across as rather strung up when you hear an idea you don't agree with. Not a trait I have come to associate with most rational people.

This is the last ad hominem you or anyone here gets from me. I prefer to be civil. And that does not mean I have to like you or vice versa. I like the forum. So I am here to stay.

You can choose to be civil. Or steam on your own juices. Personally I think civil is the healthy option.

Hold on...hold on...I'm looking for the fucks I give for trolls....nope, fresh out.
You are on your own bro.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
10-06-2015, 06:42 PM
(10-06-2015 06:40 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 06:39 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Hold on...hold on...I'm looking for the fucks I give for trolls....nope, fresh out.
You are on your own bro.

I'm glad I have your approval. Drinking Beverage

-Rick
10-06-2015, 06:47 PM
(10-06-2015 06:42 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 06:40 PM)tomilay Wrote:  You are on your own bro.

I'm glad I have your approval. Drinking Beverage
It's just remarkable that someone can be coherent only when heaping insults. But I'll move on like said.

Ciao.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
10-06-2015, 06:48 PM
(10-06-2015 06:47 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 06:42 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm glad I have your approval. Drinking Beverage
It's just remarkable that someone can be coherent only when heaping insults. But I'll move on like said.

Ciao.

I wish you would, but you keep...coming...back.

-Rick
10-06-2015, 07:28 PM
It all comes down to a chain of events.

Energy expansion
Formation of basic elements
Stars
Planets
Life on a planet
Billions of years later intelligent life
That intelligent life designed something, perhaps a more useful stick for hunting or protection.

Intelligence always comes before design.
In our particular case, a universe proceeds intelligence.

As far as we know, life on this planet formed through natural means.

We have the capability to design life and while it is plausible to envision an alien culture seeding this planet, that alien culture would also need a natural biological beginning or another alien culture seeding their world.

Given these two options, it would seem more likely that we developed through purely natural means.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
10-06-2015, 07:34 PM
(10-06-2015 05:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, it's not just like that. We know that burglars exist. Drinking Beverage

But knowing that burglars exists is not a requirement for recognizing that your house has been robbed.

Particular items missing, a particular pattern of disorder, is sufficient enough for the inference. To claim that we can't infer something is designed without knowing who or what the designer is, is a bogus one. You can make that a requirement if you want, but it's as silly as a creationist claiming he has to see millions of years of evolution take place right in front of his eyes to accept it, that circumstantial evidence is not suffice it's.

It requires a great deal of denial and inconsistent reasoning on your part to make it work.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
10-06-2015, 07:36 PM
(10-06-2015 07:34 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 05:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, it's not just like that. We know that burglars exist. Drinking Beverage

But knowing that burglars exists is not a requirement for recognizing that your house has been robbed.

Particular items missing, a particular pattern of disorder, is sufficient enough for the inference. To claim that we can't infer something is designed without knowing who or what the designer is, is a bogus one. You can make that a requirement if you want, but it's as silly as a creationist claiming he has to see millions of years of evolution take place right in front of his eyes to accept it, that circumstantial evidence is not suffice it's.

It requires a great deal of denial and inconsistent reasoning on your part to make it work.

There are various problems here, such as how do you know what is designed and what isn't in the case? In such view you have to have a basis pre-deciding that.

Just like you need a basis of what you had, to proclaim that was stolen. Otherwise you can just say you had thing stolen but if you don't even know what you had, how do you know what was stolen? If you don't know what is or isn't designed, how do you know what a designer did? It helps starting out knowing the designer and what he can do.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-06-2015, 07:42 PM
(10-06-2015 05:31 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  In order to conclude that a mechanism is responsible for your evidence, you need to prove the mechanism is real and logically connects to your evidence.

If I observe a trend in CO2 concentrations that is coincident with temperature increase and I conclude that they are causally linked such that CO2 increase leads to temperature increase, I have to show a mechanistic link between CO2 and temperature. Such as it being a greenhouse gas through its ability to absorb infrared radiation.

Once again, this is pretty straightforward, tomasia. Unless you're not really here to discuss or to understand and are just here to preach your religious opinion?

Tomasia, you going to respond?

-Rick
10-06-2015, 07:52 PM
(10-06-2015 07:36 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 07:34 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  But knowing that burglars exists is not a requirement for recognizing that your house has been robbed.

There are various problems here, such as how do you know what is designed and what isn't in the case? In such view you have to have a basis pre-deciding that.

Just like you need a basis of what you had, to proclaim that was stolen. Otherwise you can just say you had thing stolen but if you don't even know what you had, how do you know what was stolen? If you don't know what is or isn't designed, how do you know what a designer did? It helps starting out knowing the designer and what he can do.
Good point. You need to establish the standard before you can rely on secondary information to support the claim. The standard for burglary would include confirmed cases of captured human burglars.

It has to be be established that when things in the house are in a funny way, someone has been there. Once you have enough such arrests, only then can you rely on secondary information to make the inference.

And this had been done for burglary. But not for intelligent design.