If there was actual evidence that we were the product of intelligent design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: If there was actual evidence that we were the product of intelligent design
(17-12-2014 09:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  A really omnipotent deity could have made life arise from a rock.

If a deity could only make life arise from a complex design that goes haywire as much as the onles we know, it's a piss-poor excuse for a god.

Yeah, but at least it tried. Stupid God. Must have been a Redneck. (damn...That explains everything).

The second mouse gets the cheese.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2014, 10:23 PM
(17-12-2014 09:32 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 09:02 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Hmmm... if we were the products of intelligent design, eh? I fear that's hardly possible. God's like an Indian civil engineer when it comes to designing human bodies. Who else would put the waterworks and sewage disposal so close to the playground?

Doc

Doc that's actually a punch-line to a joke I've heard...and a perfect example of evolution.

You like that one? How 'bout this one? Can't spell idiot without ID.

Doc
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
17-12-2014, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2014 10:41 PM by The Organic Chemist.)
(17-12-2014 09:49 PM)Bear100 Wrote:  Even if there was a creator, who's to say that it explicitly has to be a Judeo-Christian one?

Well you see there's this BOOK. And we know this book is true. Why? Because the Bible says so and we know the bible is true because the Koran says it is true and that means that the Bible is true and the Koran is false because the Koran said that bible is true which means that all claims in the Koran are false because the Koran says the Bible is true therefore all claims in the Koran are rendered false given the fact that the bible is true and the Koran affirms that the Bible is fact which logically indicates that the Koran is false which of course we know because the Bible is true based on the supporting evidence that the Bible is true from the Koran which says the bible is true which leads us to the absolute conclusion that the Koran is false in every way. Sadcryface

Umm..except for the one part that says the Bible is true. Come on, it's really obvious.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
17-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Hey Doc, what if the sewage disposal is PART of the playground for some people? Not that I would know anything about that. Angel

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
17-12-2014, 11:07 PM
(17-12-2014 10:43 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Hey Doc, what if the sewage disposal is PART of the playground for some people? Not that I would know anything about that. Angel

What the...? Who would deliberately play near the sewer? What a disgusting thought! Now I feel dirty all over. I think I'll go take a golden shower.

Doc
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
17-12-2014, 11:17 PM
I think if alla them words were true, some would need to be redefined.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2014, 11:19 PM
(17-12-2014 09:02 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Hmmm... if we were the products of intelligent design, eh? I fear that's hardly possible. God's like an Indian civil engineer when it comes to designing human bodies. Who else would put the waterworks and sewage disposal so close to the playground?

Doc

[Image: pgc78dV.jpg]

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 9 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
18-12-2014, 02:08 AM
Taking any creature on earth that has an ancestral link to every other creature on earth and then to talk about intelligent design is like trying to figure out how a Boeing 747 came to exist on another planet by purely natural means.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
18-12-2014, 06:38 PM
(17-12-2014 08:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ya mean, like blueprints from gawd?

Sure. He'd lay them out and say "OK, so here's what we did...By the way, sorry to keep you in the dark for so long but you guys were really stupid back in the day. And besides...it was kinda fun watching you fuck it up."

[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post
18-12-2014, 06:47 PM
(17-12-2014 10:38 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 09:49 PM)Bear100 Wrote:  Even if there was a creator, who's to say that it explicitly has to be a Judeo-Christian one?

Well you see there's this BOOK. And we know this book is true. Why? Because the Bible says so and we know the bible is true because the Koran says it is true and that means that the Bible is true and the Koran is false because the Koran said that bible is true which means that all claims in the Koran are false because the Koran says the Bible is true therefore all claims in the Koran are rendered false given the fact that the bible is true and the Koran affirms that the Bible is fact which logically indicates that the Koran is false which of course we know because the Bible is true based on the supporting evidence that the Bible is true from the Koran which says the bible is true which leads us to the absolute conclusion that the Koran is false in every way. Sadcryface

Umm..except for the one part that says the Bible is true. Come on, it's really obvious.

Holy crap I got lost. But I know London is real because it was in a movie.

[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post