If there was actual evidence that we were the product of intelligent design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: If there was actual evidence that we were the product of intelligent design
(17-12-2014 11:19 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 09:02 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Hmmm... if we were the products of intelligent design, eh? I fear that's hardly possible. God's like an Indian civil engineer when it comes to designing human bodies. Who else would put the waterworks and sewage disposal so close to the playground?

Doc

[Image: pgc78dV.jpg]

Male nipples...because...just because.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Just found a link to this on Richard Dawkins' site...

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...-says-yes/

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Intelligent design is an indefensible position, for one simple reason:

Please demonstrate that the "designer" exists.

Just because we see marvelous instances of the beauty of evolution it by no means indicates that some "God" was involved. God is not the answer.

Life itself just simply finds a way.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
19-12-2014, 10:50 AM
(19-12-2014 10:45 AM)Free Wrote:  Please demonstrate that the "designer" exists.

It was aliens.

Drinking Beverage

PROVE ME WRONG SUCKER

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
19-12-2014, 11:01 AM
(19-12-2014 10:50 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 10:45 AM)Free Wrote:  Please demonstrate that the "designer" exists.

It was aliens.

Drinking Beverage

PROVE ME WRONG SUCKER

I can't, because it is a possibility.

Big Grin

Actually, I do not subscribe to any such concept. I have a totally different idea.

All life on earth is just recycled from some previous existence, perhaps our "rock" was at one time part of another planet from some other part of the galaxy.

If that's the case, we are all aliens in that respect.

Big Grin

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
19-12-2014, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2014 02:09 PM by Ace.)
if we were designed then why do we have body hair ? it serves no use especially in our unmentionables Laugh out load
19-12-2014, 11:52 AM
I was listening to NPR today, and they're talking about sending probes down into the deepest parts of the Marianas Trench to study life down there. The temperatures are near freezing, and there's something stupid like 16,000 psi of force down there. Now, there are some really weird life forms down there, and scientists want to learn more about them. They're hypothesizing on organisms that can gain energy from chemical reactions caused by shifting tectonic plates, and other weird things.

Now, in case you're wondering why I'm going on about this, seemingly out of no where: If you're a creationist, you likely believe that God created this and has an unexplained, vested interest in the biodiversity of a location where humans are just now beginning to reach. Mysterious ways, I guess.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
19-12-2014, 12:33 PM
If there was actual evidence that we were the product of intelligent design
(17-12-2014 08:06 PM)The Drake Wrote:  In all of their searching and "scientific" endeavors, if fundies were to come across actual evidence...then I don't think they would accept it. It would ruin the "MAGIC". I'd like everyone's thoughts on this please.

Assuming it was even possible to prove...

Of course they would embrace it *in my opinion*. They embrace other bogus shit that helps prove they're right. Why would this be any different?

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
19-12-2014, 12:36 PM
What would be considered evidence for intelligent design?

So far the creationist "scientists" have been taking pot shots at the theory of evolution saying evolution can't explain this or that.

When are they going to come up with an evidence based hypothesis of intelligent design, one that is falsifiable and yet so far unfalsified, that matches the evidence thus far and predicts new findings?
19-12-2014, 12:58 PM
(18-12-2014 06:47 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 10:38 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Well you see there's this BOOK. And we know this book is true. Why? Because the Bible says so and we know the bible is true because the Koran says it is true and that means that the Bible is true and the Koran is false because the Koran said that bible is true which means that all claims in the Koran are false because the Koran says the Bible is true therefore all claims in the Koran are rendered false given the fact that the bible is true and the Koran affirms that the Bible is fact which logically indicates that the Koran is false which of course we know because the Bible is true based on the supporting evidence that the Bible is true from the Koran which says the bible is true which leads us to the absolute conclusion that the Koran is false in every way. Sadcryface

Umm..except for the one part that says the Bible is true. Come on, it's really obvious.

Holy crap I got lost. But I know London is real because it was in a movie.

Come on Drake. We all know that the bible is true (due to the irrefutable, scripturally inspired argument I made) and that god is not the author of confusion. That post CLEARLY explains why. Consider

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac