If there was actual evidence that we were the product of intelligent design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 08:39 AM
RE: If there was actual evidence that we were the product of intelligent design
(29-04-2015 08:38 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I won't believe the universe is designed until I see the hazard log Wink

And the warning labels. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-04-2015, 08:53 AM
(17-12-2014 08:38 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  You mean you wouldn't buy an apple from such a trustworthy face?

[Image: william-lane-craig.jpg]

Why? I would TOTALLY buy a car from this salesman. Angel

I'd buy a truck......... then run him over several time over while wearing a gundam costume
Find all posts by this user
08-06-2015, 01:57 PM
(29-04-2015 02:22 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 02:31 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  So what is a product of design ?
I design systems for a living.
I don't build systems, I design them.
The product of my design efforts are what I produce, they are called deliverables. They are not the finished product.
I create diagrams such as a System Context diagram which shows the scope of the system I am designing and how it relates to entities external to my system.
I develop architecture diagrams which show the objects that make up the system and how those objects interact to deliver a functioning system.
I develop component models which breaks down these objects into functional subcomponents.
I develop performance models to show what capacity is required to support the system.
I develop Operational Models to show what boundaries communications cross, to show how resilient and secure the system is.

My deliverables are evidence of design. I design things because I don't know exactly how things will perform, I need to create models in order to learn, explore and understand the system. Often during design I learn more and make changes to the design or fill out details I would have otherwise not known from the beginning of the design process.

If an all knowing god that never makes mistakes was to build something, this god wouldn't need to design, it could just jump right into the build phase.
If god exists there would be no design.

Nice reply. ID is just another way for the uneducated to explain their GOD. An all knowing, all powerful, magical being would just say "POOF...There it is".

The second mouse gets the cheese.
08-06-2015, 02:02 PM
(17-12-2014 08:06 PM)The Drake Wrote:  In all of their searching and "scientific" endeavors, if fundies were to come across actual evidence...then I don't think they would accept it. It would ruin the "MAGIC". I'd like everyone's thoughts on this please.

I am sure that they would find a special pleading argument to make the convoluted "examples" they have of ID fit with the hypothetical actual evidence of ID.

Whatever the reasoning that they would give, it would be IDiotic.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
08-06-2015, 08:39 PM
I'll have to go look and see exactly what he said but someone from another board was giving me the "obvious attributes of design" malarkey the other day.
08-06-2015, 09:43 PM
(17-12-2014 08:06 PM)The Drake Wrote:  In all of their searching and "scientific" endeavors, if fundies were to come across actual evidence...then I don't think they would accept it. It would ruin the "MAGIC". I'd like everyone's thoughts on this please.
I have seen one that suggests that you are not going to get a Ferrari from mindless interaction of matter. A fair point.

For me though. Life itself would seem to demand an explanation. Why? Because it seems to not sit well with the second law of thermodynamics.

That said, intelligent design, even if it were true, is not proof of a deity. In a few years, give or take, I would not be surprised to see primates on earth creating designer life.

Does that mean we stop being apes and become gods?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
08-06-2015, 11:24 PM
All intelligence is a product of nature.
Intelligent design is a product of natural design.

Its all nature

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
09-06-2015, 12:21 AM
(08-06-2015 09:43 PM)tomilay Wrote:  For me though. Life itself would seem to demand an explanation. Why? Because it seems to not sit well with the second law of thermodynamics.

Oh GAWD strewth. You do not even know what the second law of thermodynamics is.

You are so intellectually lazy that you did not bother to read up on this subject before attempting to use it.

Just laziness personified. I mean seriously, you can't even google it???? And you expect to debate the members of this site?

Honestly!!!!!

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-06-2015, 12:54 AM
(08-06-2015 09:43 PM)tomilay Wrote:  For me though. Life itself would seem to demand an explanation. Why? Because it seems to not sit well with the second law of thermodynamics.

Uh... Run that by us again, please? I was unaware earth as a closed system...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
09-06-2015, 04:10 AM
(09-06-2015 12:21 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

Oh GAWD strewth. You do not even know what the second law of thermodynamics is.

You are so intellectually lazy that you did not bother to read up on this subject before attempting to use it.

Just laziness personified. I mean seriously, you can't even google it???? And you expect to debate the members of this site?

Honestly!!!!!

Pathetic. Just pathetic.
Literary mucous and phlegm.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg