If there was no such thing as money, what would you do with your life?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2018, 08:43 AM
If there was no such thing as money, what would you do with your life?
I'm interested to hear everyone's responses Smile

I would practice yoga for hours, go on long daily hikes and go camping and backpacking often. I'd cook yummy delectable (and often gourmet) eats for every meal. I would drink tons of almond milk lattes and bake and eat chocolate cupcakes to my heart's content. I would also travel the world and live out of my suitcase. I'd move into a houseboat in a remote place where I could watch the Northern Lights. I'd spend my nights reading, listening to music, and cuddling with my boyfriend Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
14-06-2018, 08:46 AM
RE: If there was no such thing as money, what would you do with your life?
Play all the vidya games. That brings up a very interesting point. If there is no money, people wouldn't work, if people don't work then things don't get made, if things don't get made then you can't get anything you want.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
14-06-2018, 08:47 AM
Invent it. And then become the richest Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
14-06-2018, 08:48 AM
Most of my life has been spent in activities other than seeking to accumulate large amounts of money. We sure as fuck didn't join the military for the money, and after twenty years I had enough retirement income to allow me to survive, live indoors, and have a 10-15 year old car.

And cat food. Should have listed that first.

(Now get your claws out of my neck, please.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
14-06-2018, 08:53 AM
Considering that world without money was something that Soviets tried to achieve and results weren't pretty I would be probably to busy with starving to do much else.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 7 users Like Szuchow's post
14-06-2018, 08:57 AM
If you haven't earned your retirement you are out of luck, but if you have, you pretty much get to do with your time as you will, within a certain financial parameter. Not having to earn money anymore is about as close to this as we can get in reality.

My pleasures are simple and not expensive, and so I kind of do live in a world without money.

I enjoy flowers and nature, watching animals go about their business. My schedule is flexible so I get to be spontaneous and I love that. I like not having a routine every day. I like to cook and experiment with foods. I love sitting in my massage chair and do so daily. I love sunrises and sunsets and enjoy them most days.

JDog - eventually robots will make all the stuff. Working hours have already been shortened in much of Europe. Working for additional rewards may well become a choice eventually, but I doubt it will happen in our life times.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
14-06-2018, 08:58 AM
(14-06-2018 08:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  If you haven't earned your retirement you are out of luck, but if you have, you pretty much get to do with your time as you will, within a certain financial parameter. Not having to earn money anymore is about as close to this as we can get in reality.

My pleasures are simple and not expensive, and so I kind of do live in a world without money.

I enjoy flowers and nature, watching animals go about their business. My schedule is flexible so I get to be spontaneous and I love that. I like not having a routine every day. I like to cook and experiment with foods. I love sitting in my massage chair and do so daily. I love sunrises and sunsets and enjoy them most days.

JDog - eventually robots will make all the stuff. Working hours have already been shortened in much of Europe. Working for additional rewards may well become a choice eventually, but I doubt it will happen in our life times.

Yes eventually. If Skynet doesn't happen first.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
14-06-2018, 10:04 AM
Probably just hangout outside all day, walking or just chilling under a tree with a good book or something like that.

I know I'd worry less that's for sure. Laugh out load

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
14-06-2018, 10:16 AM
I'd spend more time making music for free.

fudge is the only divinity that matters
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
14-06-2018, 10:47 AM
Read even more books.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post