07-02-2012, 11:21 AM
If you HAD to choose a religion...
...which one would it be and why?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 11:24 AM
RE: If you HAD to choose a religion...
Buddhism. It's pretty great that's why. I even tried it once but failed miserably because I couldn't adhere to its rules.

Maybe biocentism. Problem being there's no rules that I don't make so in essence I'm already partaking whether I believe myself to be god or not. So do you KC hahahah sucker.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
07-02-2012, 11:25 AM
(07-02-2012 11:24 AM)lucradis Wrote:  So do you KC hahahah sucker.

[Image: sad-puppy.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
07-02-2012, 11:31 AM
I'd want to be one of those cult leaders who gets to sleep with all the ladies!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 10 users Like Erxomai's post
07-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Using my knowledge of 1960's and early 70's hammer films that would be satanism. Or the vampire cults that so plagued Christopher lee.
If it was christian you'd have to apparently replace women with little boys. Ooohhhh wicked burn.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
07-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Easy question. Catholocism. They have the coolest characters. And a hierarchy unmatched by any other religion.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
07-02-2012, 11:54 AM
I was gong to go with Buddhism too. But honestly I know little enough about it that I don't think that it's a safe choice. If I had to choose based on my current knowledge, Buddhism would be it.

I would absolutely not choose any of the current monotheistic Judaic religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam). As I've gained distance from Christianity I've seen just how violent those religions are. Violence and discrimination in one form or another is condoned in OT and NT and the Koran.
07-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Hindu - good food, several million gods to choose from, brilliant festivals, gorgeous women...the list goes on.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
[+] 1 user Likes Shannow's post
07-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Buddhism or Taoism. I believe in balance and non-suffering! Big Grin And I still (try to) apply much of the lifestyle.
07-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Why this one is easy.
If I HAD to choose, I would make my own one up....and Angel I'M GOD! Angel

Ya'll can worship me as my servants! Call yourselves Tomians or something. I don't really care what you call yourselves, I just need a good pizza maker, brewmaster and bud grower for the most part.
As god, I can pfoof multiples of Eve and of various kinds every day! Talk about good times in my heavenly house! Boing!

I'd have my own ten commandments that would really mean something like, "Thou shalt not wear Bras." That's way better than most of the current ones right there!
Or maybe, "Thou shalt use pizza and beer for all ceremonial activities." or "Thou shalt root for the Chicago Cubs." Just to prove god isn't perfect.
Heck, why even stop at ten?
Whoo hoo! I'm God!

God likes anchovies on pizza btw. Wink

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
[+] 2 users Like TalladegaTom's post