If you are a student or plan on going back to school...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2012, 09:41 AM
...and you're in the US, then ask me your Financial Aid questions.

I can help you out.

-Your friendly neighborhood FAC.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
13-11-2012, 09:47 AM
RE: If you are a student or plan on going back to school...
(13-11-2012 09:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...and you're in the US, then ask me your Financial Aid questions.

I can help you out.

Are there programs that are NOT dependent on income levels ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-11-2012, 09:54 AM
(13-11-2012 09:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 09:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...and you're in the US, then ask me your Financial Aid questions.

I can help you out.

Are there programs that are NOT dependent on income levels ?
To receive federal aid? No.

All federal aid, regardless of the level of eduction is based on your EFC (estimated family contribution). You receive your EFC when you do your FAFSA. It's on your confirmation page when you're done (should be emailed to you).

The higher the EFC, the less grant money you can receive.

13-11-2012, 10:06 AM
What sort of aid is available to an over the hill person looking to get a master's who has already been through the financial aid system and took over 25 years to pay off loans with lots of poor credit along the way?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-11-2012, 10:07 AM
(13-11-2012 10:06 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  What sort of aid is available to an over the hill person looking to get a master's who has already been through the financial aid system and took over 25 years to pay off loans with lots of poor credit along the way?

Prayer. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
13-11-2012, 10:20 AM
(13-11-2012 10:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 10:06 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  What sort of aid is available to an over the hill person looking to get a master's who has already been through the financial aid system and took over 25 years to pay off loans with lots of poor credit along the way?

Prayer. Drinking Beverage

And hence the reason why I am no longer a Christian. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-11-2012, 11:28 AM
You can still get loans. Unless they changed it again, grad students can't get sub loans anymore. You can get unsub loans, but the amount is defined by the department of ed. Basically, you can get your schooling funded through unsub loans, but you are going to be in a lot of debt; moreover, come July 1st, interest rates are going from 3.4% to 6.8%.

13-11-2012, 11:31 AM
(13-11-2012 11:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
You can still get loans. Unless they changed it again, grad students can't get sub loans anymore. You can get unsub loans, but the amount is defined by the department of ed. Basically, you can get your schooling funded through unsub loans, but you are going to be in a lot of debt; moreover, come July 1st, interest rates are going from 3.4% to 6.8%.
And there lies the rub. I've spent the majority of my life getting into and out of massive debt. I'm not too eager to extend those personal financial policies. Weeping

~Izel
13-11-2012, 11:55 AM

I can help you out.

I have been having a hard time understanding Financial Aid and Scholarships. I am currently attending a Christian college (Not the best choice I know), but I plan on transferring as soon as I can, and hopefully to the same school as my boyfriend. Do all schools offer their own types of Financial Aid?
13-11-2012, 12:19 PM
(13-11-2012 10:20 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 10:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  Prayer. Drinking Beverage

And hence the reason why I am no longer a Christian. Drinking Beverage

So you haven't got a prayer. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user