If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2014, 02:37 PM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
(04-11-2014 02:13 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 02:10 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I imagine he's something like this when posting on TTA.

[Image: I_Can_Typing.gif]

LMAO!!!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
04-11-2014, 02:39 PM
(04-11-2014 02:34 PM)wazzel Wrote:  GWOG, prepare to be called a moron. I am done in this thread. I do not debate with asses.

Yeah, I think I have wiped the floor with him already, he knows better than to challenge me....pity, he could have learned so much.

Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
04-11-2014, 02:44 PM
(04-11-2014 01:58 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 01:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Did you read goodwithoutgod's post about Josephus? Interesting that you skipped right over it when it squashes your "one part" and "nothing but your wishes" claims.

And, by the way, even of the scholars that agree Jesus lived, most don't agree that he was who you think he was.

yup, Jesus was a popular name actually, 1 in 20 were named jesus, I wonder which one he is referring to? Odds are there were more than one that claimed to be a prophet sense it was such a popular name and expounding mythological claims about one self was such a popular past time then..

Jesus laid our new carpet in the new store last week. He really was just the nicest guy and damn good at his job, too.

[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
04-11-2014, 02:46 PM
(04-11-2014 02:44 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 01:58 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  yup, Jesus was a popular name actually, 1 in 20 were named jesus, I wonder which one he is referring to? Odds are there were more than one that claimed to be a prophet sense it was such a popular name and expounding mythological claims about one self was such a popular past time then..

Jesus laid our new carpet in the new store last week. He really was just the nicest guy and damn good at his job, too.

Big Grin

Carrier gets into that pretty good, there were multiple self professed prophets named jesus during that period.

Carrier, Richard, On the historicity of jesus: why we might have reason for doubt. Sheffield, England: Sheffield Phoenix press, 2014. Print.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
04-11-2014, 02:46 PM
(04-11-2014 02:44 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 01:58 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  yup, Jesus was a popular name actually, 1 in 20 were named jesus, I wonder which one he is referring to? Odds are there were more than one that claimed to be a prophet sense it was such a popular name and expounding mythological claims about one self was such a popular past time then..

I bought my last Nikon from Jesus. He's a good photographer.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-11-2014, 02:47 PM
(04-11-2014 02:44 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Jesus laid our new carpet in the new store last week. He really was just the nicest guy and damn good at his job, too.

Jesus's abilities could probably be put to better use, like Superman's ...

[Image: 20110713.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
04-11-2014, 02:50 PM
(04-11-2014 02:10 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 01:46 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It's kinda amusing ain't it. He's just so bad at...well at everything so far. He sounds like the kinda of 13 year old that threatens to beat people up over Facebook.

Everyone loves to watch a train wreak though so here we are. Popcorn

I imagine he's something like this when posting on TTA.

I bet wolfies voice hasn't changed yet either. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
04-11-2014, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 03:22 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-11-2014 02:18 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  

They referred to the one that was crucified by Pilot Smile

Tacitus says:
Quote: Christus, from whom the name had its origin, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus,even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular.

Josephus and others refer to the same one... Any more questions? Smile

The earliest known copy (1100 CE) of Josephus is in a museum (the Museo Ambrosiano) in Milan. The "interpolated" reference in Chapter 18 (as is agreed almost universally even by Christian scholars) is a forgery. It's different ink, and different handwriting. The text does not flow from what is above it or below it, AND Josephus was trying to prove that Vespasian was the Messiah. Now why in hell would say Jesus was the messiah ? He didn't. It's fraud. The reference in Chapter 20 is to a "brother of Jesus" and that at the time could just mean a Christian, as they were all "brothers". So no. Josephus says nothing reliable about Jebus.

Tacitus uses the word "Chrestus" yet in another place correctly uses the word "Christian" so why would we think he knew what he was talking about ?
"Christ" is a title not a name. There were many messiahs. And the report is not first hand. It's hear-say.

"Chrestus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judæa, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind".

You keep saying Pilot, not Pilate. Did you even go to Grade School ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Yay!!!!

http://rs1104.pbsrc.com/albums/h321/Sabr...pg~320x480

04-11-2014, 02:54 PM
(04-11-2014 02:47 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 02:44 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Jesus laid our new carpet in the new store last week. He really was just the nicest guy and damn good at his job, too.

Jesus's abilities could probably be put to better use, like Superman's ...

[Image: 20110713.gif]

Jesus is my mom's gardener/handyman. We love us some Jesus.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.