If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2014, 04:00 PM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
Is Wolfie's Jesus as retarded as he is?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2014, 04:02 PM
lol wow the delusion is strong in this one. Hey special one, let ....me...say.....it...slower....for...you...NO one who wrote of jesus knew him.....and if they were born AFTER he died, that would *gasp* make them a non witness...get it?

Read Dr Carrier's book, perhaps you may learn some stuff, it is peer reviewed, and heavily cited and substantiated, but that would require you to be able to read...since you can't read and comprehend the bible, this may be too much of a challenge for you..

Wolfy:
"1) You are among the 10 percent of the world that make this charge... Most of the rest of the world accept that Jesus is a true historical figure BECAUSE OF the abounding existing manuscript evidence and the references by historians."

You really are thick aren't you. I didn't posit there wasn't a MAN named jesus who may have been a self professed prophet, who was used as the foundation of a new cult after his death...although Dr Carrier's book does posit that he is a total mystical fabrication and that is the current "breaking news" for theology in regards to jesus historicity.....I am saying the magical son of god, miracle performing jesus didn't exist, and no one who wrote of him and his magical performances, actually knew him, and the VAST majority of scholars agree. Perhaps, if you go to school, as I have, and gain just one of my degrees, in this circumstance theology, you will learn this. That is why I have citations at the bottom of my post, and they are Xtian sources with exception of Dr carrier.

"2) Of course they were written after His resurrection moron... That's what its all about... the resurrection."

Yeeeeeah, 60-150 years later, people who themselves never witnessed these things, decide to write down some myths and fairy tales, and you choose to believe that? Boy, you are a hard sell huh? Don't worry about how all the major stories of the bible are false, just keep believing Wolfy. How is that mythical exodus working out for you? Or how not one civilization in the world at the time wrote down the whole world went dark, or anyone in the area decided that corpses bursting out of the ground was something worthy of writing down.....or these facts:

Philo of Alexandria
The early years of the Roman Republic is one of the most historically documented times in history. One of the writers alive during the time of Jesus was Philo-Judaeus (sometimes known as Philo of Alexandria).
Philo was born before the beginning of the Christian era, and lived until long after the reputed death of Christ. He wrote an account of the Jews covering the entire time that Christ is said to have existed on earth. He was living in or near Jerusalem when Christ’s miraculous birth and the Herodian massacre occurred. He was there when Christ made his triumphal entry into Jerusalem. He was there when the crucifixion happened with its attendant earthquake, supernatural darkness and resurrection of the dead took place – when Christ himself rose from the dead and in the presence of many witnesses ascended into heaven. These amazing marvelous events which must have filled the world with amazement, had they really occurred, were all unknown to him. It was Philo who developed the doctrine of the Logos, or Word, and although this Word incarnate dwelt in that very land and in the presence of multitudes revealed himself and demonstrated his divine powers, Philo saw it not.
Philo might be considered the investigative reporter of his day. He was there on location during the early first century, talking with people who should have remembered or at least heard the stories, observed, taking notes, documenting. He reported nothing about Jesus.

Justus of Tiberius
There was also a historian named Justus of Tiberius who was a native of Galilee, the homeland of Jesus. He wrote a history covering the time when Christ supposedly lived. This history is now lost, but a ninth century Christian scholar named Photius had read it and wrote: “he [Justus] makes not the least mention of the appearance of Christ, of what things happened to him, or other wonderful works that he did.”

Yeah, I won't bother to beat you with the knowledge stick anymore, you are too thick to get it.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
04-11-2014, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 04:16 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-11-2014 03:51 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 03:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Indeed. The conquest of the Greek cities was led by somebody. The military invasion of the Persian empire was led by somebody. The diadochoi rose to positions of power and influence under somebody. The cross-cultural contact was initiated by somebody. The name and face they stamped on coins, wrote in histories, dedicated on temples, eulogised in epigrams and carved in statue came from somewhere. All these things happened, or else the entirety of history is a fabrication.

Although one can turn batshit insane up to eleven by way of alternate historiography, it rather fails to be compelling.

Perhaps a relevant question is, if so-and-so hadn't existed, what would change? Without someone doing the deeds which demonstrably occurred during the lifetime of the purported Alexander, history would be unrecognisable.

Without the actual, physical existence of Jesus? Nothing. Nothing would be any different; the early church leaders would still have founded their cult and theology on revelation from a mystical being.

Wrong again moron... THE CHURCH is physical evidence of Jesus, as is documentation 10 years remove form His life, and tens of thousands more in the same allotted time for Alexanders documentation Smile

Um no. There was no "church" until many many years later. It's "removed" not "10 years remove". You have offered no proof there was a "church".
The word "church" is a translation of the Greek word "Ecclesia" which was "an assembly" (of people). It wasn't necessarily a religious assembly.
So there you learned a tiny factoid today. That's about all you can handle. Just wait. I'll have another for you tomorrow. Thumbsup
Thanks for demonstrating you didn't graduate Grade School.
Are the worshippers of Zeus proof he exists ?
You're just full of your little humor today.
I think you got Rabies when you were bitten by the Jebus bug, and it did something to your brain.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-11-2014, 04:34 PM
(04-11-2014 03:56 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 03:55 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  When you planned out your strategy for creating a sock puppet of someone who was wavering in their faith, using it to pretend that you had support even though its posts are written in your own style and then trying to make us believe that we had lost a new member, did it all play out better in your head?

If there's one thing that this forum is accustomed to, its sock puppets and theist trolls pretending to be something that they aren't.

Aaaand theres THE moron... lmao

Admin??? Do you like your people here looking this paranoid, delusional and just plain stupid? Its ok by me... or you can tell them the truth and ease their paranoia Smile

Hey jackass, why do you keep having your hissy fits in these threads when you had someone accept your challenge in the boxing ring? Funny how you post your filth every other minute yet seem to have not had the time to participate in your own challenge. Christ on a stick, what a pussy!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
04-11-2014, 04:42 PM
(04-11-2014 03:59 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 03:51 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Wrong again moron... THE CHURCH is physical evidence of Jesus...

Which church?

There are thousands.

(04-11-2014 03:51 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  , as is documentation 10 years remove form His life...

You previously claimed a date of 50 CE for the earliest possible authorship of the earliest Christian writings.

Those of us who have mastered subtraction would see that 50 - 33 > 10. I guess that doesn't include you?

Moron Jesus is believed to have been born between 4-6 AD

METH-ILDA... youre not intellectually honest enough to even speak lol IF someone accepted i'll be there Wink

CJ ...HISTORY teaches us the church exited in the mid 1st century IN Israel.
04-11-2014, 04:54 PM
(04-11-2014 04:42 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Moron Jesus is believed to have been born between 4-6 AD

Moron Jesus? Laugh out load

Jesus isn't going to be happy with you. No

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 10 users Like Impulse's post
04-11-2014, 04:55 PM
(04-11-2014 04:54 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 04:42 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Moron Jesus is believed to have been born between 4-6 AD

Moron Jesus? Laugh out load

It's like a saviour for morons ...

He got nailed to some flat-pack furniture.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
04-11-2014, 04:56 PM

METH-ILDA... youre not intellectually honest enough to even speak lol IF someone accepted i'll be there Wink

CJ ...HISTORY teaches us the church exited in the mid 1st century IN Israel.

Historians universally agree that Herod the Great died in 4 BC (not AD). Therefore, unless Matthew was makin' shit up (which I think he probably was, but never mind), Jesus was born before then. This doesn't help your argument.

Also, if the Church "exited" in the 1st Century, why does it still exist? You might get a little more respect here (not much, but a little) if you would learn how to spell words correctly.
04-11-2014, 04:56 PM
(04-11-2014 04:55 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 04:54 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Moron Jesus? Laugh out load

It's like a saviour for morons ...

He got nailed to some flat-pack furniture.

[Image: 7464ca5f5c655e9198ee06ce7a5aef42f1ea5ec3...bc547e.jpg]

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 5 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
04-11-2014, 05:11 PM

Irrelevant; he's purported to have died ~30-33 CE.

"10 years removed from his life" - your exact words (spelling corrected) - must refer to the separation between his death and the composition of the earliest gospel texts (50 CE, by your facile dishonest interpretation).

Since you apparently can't do the subtraction: 50 - 33 = 17. 17 > 10.

I find your inability to perform and understand elementary school arithmetic to reflect poorly on your ability to comprehend - well, much of anything. As if that needed any further corroboration...

(04-11-2014 04:42 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  CJ ...HISTORY teaches us the church exited in the mid 1st century IN Israel.

Which church?

Your official doctrine - no matter what denomination you profess - was not promulgated for centuries afterwards.

Furthermore: temples, cults, and believers existed for a great many other gods and demigods at the time. Belief in them is not evidence of them.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post