If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
Late to the party - wtf?

Wolfs-ass calls everyone moron, I am having trouble with which moron is which when reading the thread. The forum members are paranoid and should run to admin to stop Wolfs-ass from babbling here. And he starts threads under an alias and then defends his alter-ego. Is that about right?

And who the hell says 'Peace out'? - - see #68.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2014, 06:44 PM
(04-11-2014 06:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Late to the party - wtf?

Wolfs-ass calls everyone moron, I am having trouble with which moron is which when reading the thread. The forum members are paranoid and should run to admin to stop Wolfs-ass from babbling here. And he starts threads under an alias and then defends his alter-ego. Is that about right?

Cuz Jebus said "Call 'em morons, that they may come unto me."
(It's from the Lost Gospel of Bucky). Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-11-2014, 06:45 PM
(04-11-2014 06:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 06:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Late to the party - wtf?

Cuz Jebus said "Call 'em morons, that they may come unto me."

Shit, that's been on my reading list but I just hadn't gotten to it yet.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
04-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Alexander the great is a claim, not an extraordinary claim.
Alexander the great's actions is a claim, not an extraordinary claim.

Did he exist? Did robin hood exist? Who knows? It is reasonable to think those people could had existed and completely rational until evidence shows us otherwise one way or another as they do not fall under the catagory of extraordinary.

Jesus is an extraordinary claim. It is NOT reasonable or rational to believe he existed until extraordinary evidence comes up that shows us otherwise.

Jesus performed magic that does not exist
Robin Hood "could" had existed somewhere in England where towns that no longer exist or who's names have been altered by legend have perverted his story.
Jesus was a necromancer which is impossible in the definition of how we know reality to work.
Alexander was just a really great conqueror. We have had many of those in history and very little is known about a lot of them.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 4 users Like Shadow Fox's post
04-11-2014, 06:51 PM
(04-11-2014 03:57 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 03:41 PM)kim Wrote:  An interesting trivial side note: Alexander was homosexual... which isn't a big deal, either.

Bi if anything; he had wives, kept concubines, and fathered children.

Ancient sources say he was a bit reserved in all physical relationships, and make no specific reference to homosexuality (even in contemporaneous terms).

(04-11-2014 03:41 PM)kim Wrote:  I think many of the people who want Jesus to have actually existed, also want him to be the way they want him to be. Many of those same people might even overlook the parts of the bible which portray him coarsely.

Some people see only what they want to see and only how they want to see it... and often they only want others to see that as well. Shy

There's a reason early modern Christian artifacts from Kongo depict Kongolese Jesus and those from Japan depict Japanese Jesus.

[Image: tumblr_m9a8srEtHw1qawhhho1_500.gif]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
04-11-2014, 07:01 PM
(04-11-2014 06:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 06:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Cuz Jebus said "Call 'em morons, that they may come unto me."

Shit, that's been on my reading list but I just hadn't gotten to it yet.

LMAO anj!!!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
04-11-2014, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 08:40 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-11-2014 04:42 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  CJ ...HISTORY teaches us the church exited in the mid 1st century IN Israel.

Prove it. Don't give yourself a hernia trying.
Reference everything you say with historical refences by NON-BELIEVERS.

Oh wait you can't.
Never mind.

History may "teach you" that there's not a shred of evidence for it. If you have some, let's hear it.

Wolfy with the Rabies-infected-bitten-brain, you aren't by any chance a student at Biola, are you ? Like in "Apologetics-For-Dummies 101" ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-11-2014, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 07:12 PM by TheGulegon.)
(04-11-2014 02:13 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 12:23 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  God sent me here for the poster in the OP
Which god?

This one! Dodgy
[Image: god-of-trolling.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
04-11-2014, 07:13 PM
I once lived as Alexander the Great in a past life but back then I was just Alexander the fairly ok.

Everything gets better with time.

I don't remember very much of that past life, but when I look at both sides of the coin, I realize that thinking I once was Alexander makes me happier than thinking I wasn't.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
04-11-2014, 07:16 PM
(04-11-2014 04:42 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  CJ ...HISTORY teaches us the church exited in the mid 1st century IN Israel.

What they exit from?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post