If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2014, 09:49 AM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
(05-11-2014 04:38 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 03:26 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  blah blah... I already did... moron
I gave you 12 extrabiblical sources AND documents dating to the first century... in Alexanders 1500 year time period between his lifetime and the earliest manuscript mentioning him, he is SWAMPED by THOUSANDS for Christ.

you need to go back and read... the only important person IN this thread (The OP)saw it, and that's good enough for me Wink

You did not, Liar-For-Jebus. Were you always this way, or did religion make you this way ? You gave "the usual" copy-pasta list of crap sources that have all been debunked. Actually the "important person" in this thread are all the anonymous readers / guests reading your pathetic posts, wondering why a supposed "Christian" is calling people "morons", and can't discuss even ONE of the objections to ANY of the "supposed" sources, and instead of being able to engage in a real debate, DEMANDS answers to the same set of idiotic questions, (all of which have been answered here). Please keep it up. You do atheism more good than you could imagine.

Sure I did dipshit... go back and read... like I said the only important person IN THIS THREAD saw it, and that's good enough for me... youre not worth my efforts Wink

And IF the OP saw it, and was convinced, Im sure so do most of the silent readers... dipshit.

Also seen is the fact I have to correct you morons nearly every time you post if I bother responding to you. Like the dating of the documents when the OP was told Alexanders documented sources go back tot he first century... WHAT A FUGGIN LIE... I had to post the manuscript dates myself because YOU people weren't able to... proving Alexanders earliest documentation comes from the 10th century.

They also saw how you accept everything said by a historian EXCEPT in regards to Jesus Smile

And even though the documentation for Christ MASSIVELY outnumbers that for Alexander, and even though the earliest documentation for Christ is first century... your bias doesn't allow you to admit that Jesus is a historical figure, like 90 percent of the world's scholars who even have an opinion have come to admit.

Why DO credible scholars agree Christ is a real historical figure? Because they want to maintain their credibility moron.

Why do you suppose the church started where Jesus was crucified, AT THE TIME He was crucified, by the THOUSANDS? Why do you suppose that by the end of the first century, the gospel of Jesus Christ spread across the world? The people who were there, were EYEWITNESSES.

Alexander was said to be born of a god... but he doesn't have a church rising up about him because he was resurrected Smile
...And he doesn't have A TENTH of the documentation enjoyed by Christ. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 09:55 AM
(05-11-2014 09:49 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 04:38 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You did not, Liar-For-Jebus. Were you always this way, or did religion make you this way ? You gave "the usual" copy-pasta list of crap sources that have all been debunked. Actually the "important person" in this thread are all the anonymous readers / guests reading your pathetic posts, wondering why a supposed "Christian" is calling people "morons", and can't discuss even ONE of the objections to ANY of the "supposed" sources, and instead of being able to engage in a real debate, DEMANDS answers to the same set of idiotic questions, (all of which have been answered here). Please keep it up. You do atheism more good than you could imagine.

Sure I did dipshit... go back and read... like I said the only important person IN THIS THREAD saw it, and that's good enough for me... youre not worth my efforts Wink

And IF the OP saw it, and was convinced, Im sure so do most of the silent readers... dipshit.

Also seen is the fact I have to correct you morons nearly every time you post if I bother responding to you. Like the dating of the documents when the OP was told Alexanders documented sources go back tot he first century... WHAT A FUGGIN LIE... I had to post the manuscript dates myself because YOU people weren't able to... proving Alexanders earliest documentation comes from the 10th century.

They also saw how you accept everything said by a historian EXCEPT in regards to Jesus Smile

And even though the documentation for Christ MASSIVELY outnumbers that for Alexander, and even though the earliest documentation for Christ is first century... your bias doesn't allow you to admit that Jesus is a historical figure, like 90 percent of the world's scholars who even have an opinion have come to admit.

Why DO credible scholars agree Christ is a real historical figure? Because they want to maintain their credibility moron.

Why do you suppose the church started where Jesus was crucified, AT THE TIME He was crucified, by the THOUSANDS? Why do you suppose that by the end of the first century, the gospel of Jesus Christ spread across the world? The people who were there, were EYEWITNESSES.

Alexander was said to be born of a god... but he doesn't have a church rising up about him because he was resurrected Smile

Someone who says the "church started when Christ died" has not the foggiest clue what was going on back then. But, by all means, please continue to make a fool of yourself, and prove to all the readers how ignorant Christians are of their own roots, and how charitable, and kind Jebus has made them.

AT the END of the First Century , the Jewish High Priest, REQUIRED all synagogues to read the "Benediction Against the Minim". They were STILL JEWS. Look it up, and learn something. Fool.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-11-2014, 09:55 AM
(05-11-2014 09:49 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  And even though the documentation for Christ MASSIVELY outnumbers that for Alexander, and even though the earliest documentation for Christ is first century... your bias doesn't allow you to admit that Jesus is a historical figure, like 90 percent of the world's scholars who even have an opinion have come to admit.

You keep saying this, but you have not convinced anyone. Why? Because you don't understand historiography.

The ages of existing manuscripts is but one factor in the historical evidence, but you are fixated on it as though it were the most important. It's not, and your insistence that it is just shows your ignorance.
05-11-2014, 10:00 AM
(05-11-2014 09:49 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  And even though the documentation for Christ MASSIVELY outnumbers that for Alexander, and even though the earliest documentation for Christ is first century... your bias doesn't allow you to admit that Jesus is a historical figure, like 90 percent of the world's scholars who even have an opinion have come to admit.

Wolfbtn, there are more beverages in the world besides Kool-Aid. You've had way too much. Time to try something new.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
05-11-2014, 10:09 AM
The belief perseverence in this one is astounding. Saying that the story in Genesis describes and proves evolution makes him an olympic champion at the mental gymnastics games.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
05-11-2014, 10:11 AM
(05-11-2014 10:00 AM)Impulse Wrote:  

Wolfbtn, there are more beverages in the world besides Kool-Aid. You've had way too much. Time to try something new.

O wow what a scholarly post, with such valuable information LMAO

Everyone sees who has the information in this thread whether you want to admit it or not. I'v had to correct you morons almost every time one of you post. I WAS THE ONLY ONE who COULD date your documentation for Alexander when you morons were claiming it was 1st and 2nd century... Turned out it was TENTH century as I showed.

Spam some more, and show everyone the wealth of worthless spam you've got to offer. Smile

Why did Christianity spread across the world by the end of the first century?

Do you allege it was a CONSPIRACY?!?!?!?! GaspGaspGasp
05-11-2014, 10:17 AM
(05-11-2014 10:11 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 10:00 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Wolfbtn, there are more beverages in the world besides Kool-Aid. You've had way too much. Time to try something new.

O wow what a scholarly post, with such valuable information LMAO

Everyone sees who has the information in this thread whether you want to admit it or not. I'v had to correct you morons almost every time one of you post. I WAS THE ONLY ONE who COULD date your documentation for Alexander when you morons were claiming it was 1st and 2nd century... Turned out it was TENTH century as I showed.

Spam some more, and show everyone the wealth of worthless spam you've got to offer. Smile

It didn't spread across the world by the end of the first century. Are you completely ignorant or are you delusional?
05-11-2014, 10:18 AM
(05-11-2014 10:17 AM)Rik Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 10:11 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  O wow what a scholarly post, with such valuable information LMAO

It didn't spread across the world by the end of the first century. Are you completely ignorant or are you delusional?

Sure and Rome didn't burn Christians right? Tongue
05-11-2014, 10:23 AM
(05-11-2014 10:11 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Everyone sees who has the information in this thread whether you want to admit it or not. I'v had to correct you morons almost every time one of you post. I WAS THE ONLY ONE who COULD date your documentation for Alexander when you morons were claiming it was 1st and 2nd century... Turned out it was TENTH century as I showed.

Now where have I heard this before. It's sounds vaguely familiar. Consider

Ah, got it! It was in your other 347 posts. Are there any posts where you DON'T say this very same thing?

Moron. Drinking Beverage

Quote:I'v
Make up your mind. So far it has been:
Iv
Ive
I'v

Still not one right. And we're supposed to believe you're intelligent?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
05-11-2014, 10:23 AM
(05-11-2014 10:18 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 10:17 AM)Rik Wrote:  It didn't spread across the world by the end of the first century. Are you completely ignorant or are you delusional?

Sure and Rome didn't burn Christians right? Tongue

[Image: Christianity%20(spread%20of%20400-800).jpg]