If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2014, 11:49 AM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
(05-11-2014 11:45 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Correction...I'm the only one in this thread making valid points with valid credible sources. ... but Im not the only one laughing at you Smile

Correction, you're the only one with such an overflowing, suffocatingly abundant volume of arrogance that you could actually believe that. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
05-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Everyone's a moron except jackass ... I mean, Wolfbitn.
05-11-2014, 11:54 AM
(05-11-2014 11:46 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 11:42 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Theres another moron that cant read...

I just posted 3 scholarly books, and more articles titled to the effect "When Rome Ruled the World", and then went on to explain it is a colloquialism... you know what a colloquialism is right? ...well maybe you don't Wink

By the way... the Huffington Post says Jesus was a REAL historical figure Smile

That literally in no way has any contrast to what I said... You posted 3 scholarly books written in English sir... Which you seem to ignore all other points to show how it's worthless anyway. You're just too one-minded to see beyond that.

Here's a a tip from reality. Colloquialisms and phrases aren't universal across the world. They're generally culture and language specific.

Can you defend how 3 scholarly sources in the same language equate to The whole world? That one actually isn't a colloquialism... it's an exaggerated hyperbole by you.. but You still don't seem to be wise enough to see you're talking in irrelevant circles.

Ahh ok... you don't have to believe that scholars worldwide say in colloquial fashion that "Rome ruled the world" if you don't want to... you CAN choose to be a moron and deny it if you like... That's all the better for readers that DONT post AND the OP... its good they see what morons a lot of you are here Tongue
05-11-2014, 11:56 AM
(05-11-2014 11:49 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 11:45 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Correction...I'm the only one in this thread making valid points with valid credible sources. ... but Im not the only one laughing at you Smile

Correction, you're the only one with such an overflowing, suffocatingly abundant volume of arrogance that you could actually believe that. Drinking Beverage

Yes I'v earned my arrogance and you've earned your ignorance of all the subjects we have discussed so far... we all get what we pay for Smile
05-11-2014, 11:56 AM
if we did a wordcloud on wolfbitn's posts I wonder what word would be the most prominent? What could we learn from his posting style?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
05-11-2014, 11:59 AM
(05-11-2014 11:56 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  if we did a wordcloud on wolfbitn's posts I wonder what word would be the most prominent? What could we learn from his posting style?

"Moron" would have to rate up there pretty good. If I could call you guys SCHOLARS I would Smile
05-11-2014, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 12:04 PM by ClydeLee.)
(05-11-2014 11:54 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 11:46 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  That literally in no way has any contrast to what I said... You posted 3 scholarly books written in English sir... Which you seem to ignore all other points to show how it's worthless anyway. You're just too one-minded to see beyond that.

Here's a a tip from reality. Colloquialisms and phrases aren't universal across the world. They're generally culture and language specific.

Can you defend how 3 scholarly sources in the same language equate to The whole world? That one actually isn't a colloquialism... it's an exaggerated hyperbole by you.. but You still don't seem to be wise enough to see you're talking in irrelevant circles.

Ahh ok... you don't have to believe that scholars worldwide say in colloquial fashion that "Rome ruled the world" if you don't want to... you CAN choose to be a moron and deny it if you like... That's all the better for readers that DONT post AND the OP... its good they see what morons a lot of you are here Tongue

It's fine by me to accept as long as you agree you believe Chinese or other non-English world historical scholars colloquially use the phrase "Rome ruled the world" Because you know, it's clear to what you've said a situation that would exist.

Or you could do what a troll never allows oneself to do. Admit they were using hyperbole or a misguided argument that was irrelevant but somehow, admitting wrongness or apologizing is a path one must never take. It sounds like a jolly good religious behavior, which sect are you so I can know to follow those instructions?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-11-2014, 12:03 PM
(05-11-2014 11:56 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Yes I'v earned my arrogance...

So you believe you have good reason to think so highly of yourself then. Which means you believe that your Jesus will be proud of you calling people morons in just about every post. Hint: You won't get any converts that way. Insults only turn people away. Yeah, Jesus is really proud. Laughat And all the people who come here on the fence about whether to believe in Jesus as a god will read your numerous posts full of "moron" this and "moron" that and will simply think
What a moron!

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
05-11-2014, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 12:15 PM by Wolfbitn.)
(05-11-2014 12:01 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 11:54 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Ahh ok... you don't have to believe that scholars worldwide say in colloquial fashion that "Rome ruled the world" if you don't want to... you CAN choose to be a moron and deny it if you like... That's all the better for readers that DONT post AND the OP... its good they see what morons a lot of you are here Tongue

It's fine by me to accept as long as you agree you believe Chinese world historical scholars colloquially use the phrase "Rome ruled the world" Because you know, it's clear to what you've said a situation that would exist.

Or you could do what a troll never allows oneself to do. Admit they were using hyperbole or a misguided argument that was irrelevant but somehow, admitting wrongness or apologizing is a path one must never take.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/22213/222...2213-h.htm

Quote:The Oriental Religions in Roman Paganism

At the beginning of the imperial régime Rome ruled the world but did not govern it. She kept the number of her functionaries down to a minimum, her provinces were mere unorganized aggregates of cities where she only exercised police power, protectorates rather than annexed countries.[4] As long as law and order were maintained and her citizens, functionaries and merchants could transact their business, Rome was satisfied.

Of course Modern scholars never refer to Rome ruling the world at all... and haven't through history... YOU say Smile

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
05-11-2014, 12:12 PM
(05-11-2014 11:06 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  What did I just say moron?
Damn what an idiot...

Will someone ban this asswipe already? Please?