If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2014, 02:03 PM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
Come on Wolfie, explain why there isn't a layer of sea shell fossils across the whole world as a result of the flood.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
05-11-2014, 02:04 PM
(05-11-2014 01:59 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 01:47 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Sure we have no sea shells worldwide wherever you look... whatever you want to think... Nobody tell this dude sea shells are found on mount Everest Smile

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/16/148753432/...scientists

I love the god of the gaps arguments lol

Well feel free to articulate your belief, and the basis for it. Come get some.

1) Youre not on topic... that is against the rules here

2) You certainly didn't rush in to accept my challenge to debate... it took 4 days for you to find someone with balls to do so. So take your "come get some", and see if you can now help your buddy out of his bind in that 1 on 1

Now... back to topic

Why do you suppose you think 3 EXISTING manuscripts for Alexander are superior to the 12,000 EXISTING for Jesus by 1100 AD? Do you believe Alexander lived?
05-11-2014, 02:04 PM
(05-11-2014 01:53 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  That's ONE theory

One of how many? I wasn't aware of any other theories on that.

Quote: YOU explain worldwide flood stories that were ancient when the ancients wrote them or passed them on, even in the Americas... and explain the fossil record that shows extinction event after extinction event... Smile

You cant

Answer this - What civilization(s) wrote about what happened when the global flood occurred?
05-11-2014, 02:07 PM
(05-11-2014 02:04 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  1) Youre not on topic... that is against the rules here

It's "you're", oh Mr. Scholar.

And please quote the rule you claim is being broken.
[+] 1 user Likes Rik's post
05-11-2014, 02:08 PM
For a one trick pony, you would think Wolfie would be better at the trick.
[+] 3 users Like wazzel's post
05-11-2014, 02:11 PM
(05-11-2014 02:04 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 01:59 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I love the god of the gaps arguments lol

2) You certainly didn't rush in to accept my challenge to debate... it took 4 days for you to find someone with balls to do so. So take your "come get some", and see if you can now help your buddy out of his bind in that 1 on 1

Now... back to topic

Why do you suppose you think 3 EXISTING manuscripts for Alexander are superior to the 12,000 EXISTING for Jesus by 1100 AD? Do you believe Alexander lived?

1) Get your rep above red and we can talk about forum expectations.

2) I customarily drag new chew toys around the block by their ear, and felt I would give others the opportunity. Also, you couldn't handle me, or my level of knowledge. No one wanted to engage your ridiculous posit because it was ridiculous and poorly written.

Metazoa doesn't need help, he has facts on his side. You are at a distinct disadvantage, you think the bible is true and believe in fairy tales Laugh out load

Topic has been addressed, you are just too thick to get it. I would have thought you were intuitive enough to get the bigfoot reference....not good with analogies huh? I would think you would be as you refer to the bible, which is a huge compilation of analogies.

Keep clutching that myth wolfy, I know you need it to face your fear of death. *pats on head*

Faith - the belief in something without evidence.

Delusion: an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder. A belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.

Religion - The embracement of delusion.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
05-11-2014, 02:16 PM
(05-11-2014 02:04 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 01:59 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I love the god of the gaps arguments lol

Lol you pussy, backed into a corner and you make up some rules to avoid dealing with it. Typical.

Pro tip: you have gone off topic a fucking ton. Don't be a coward while calling half this forum cowards. Hypocritical as ever.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
05-11-2014, 02:17 PM
(05-11-2014 12:39 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  So youre rejecting THOUSANDS of ancient documents for Christ... and accepting the miniscule written documentation for Alexander... You ARE allowed to be intellectually dishonest, no problem Smile
The truth isn't ascertained by how many documents there are.

One would need to assess what those documents are. Are they signed affidavits? Are they documented eye witness accounts? Do they come with a signature and corroborating evidence?

How do they account for the exceptional claims of virgin birth, healing the sick, water to wine, walking on water? These claims pretty much throw out the credibility of the author don't you think?
05-11-2014, 02:18 PM
(05-11-2014 02:03 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Come on Wolfie, explain why there isn't a layer of sea shell fossils across the whole world as a result of the flood.

Start a thread... we're talking about alexander here Tongue

Wats wrong, cant hang? Tongue

12,000 documents for Jesus 3 for alexander by 1100 AD... I don't blame you for wanting to change the subject... run your ass off from the truth Tongue
05-11-2014, 02:19 PM
(05-11-2014 02:17 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 12:39 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  So youre rejecting THOUSANDS of ancient documents for Christ... and accepting the miniscule written documentation for Alexander... You ARE allowed to be intellectually dishonest, no problem Smile
The truth isn't ascertained by how many documents there are.

One would need to assess what those documents are. Are they signed affidavits? Are they documented eye witness accounts? Do they come with a signature and corroborating evidence?

How do they account for the exceptional claims of virgin birth, healing the sick, water to wine, walking on water? These claims pretty much throw out the credibility of the author don't you think?

That would require a non biased, analytical approach to learning the truth, based on facts and empirical evidence, we know he hasn't done that, if he had, he would be an atheist.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)