If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2014, 05:57 PM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
(05-11-2014 03:45 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  We're laughing our asses off at you lol...

Who is the "we" you're referring to? I'm pretty sure that we, (and by "we" I'm referring to us, the folks right here participating in this very discussion), are laughing at you, fucktard.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 06:05 PM
(05-11-2014 05:57 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 03:45 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  We're laughing our asses off at you lol...

Who is the "we" you're referring to? I'm pretty sure that we, (and by "we" I'm referring to us, the folks right here participating in this very discussion), are laughing at you, fucktard.

It's the Freshman Class at Biloa Crap College. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-11-2014, 06:12 PM
(05-11-2014 03:01 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 02:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  .

nah its just coincidence that every ancient civilization had stories that were ancient when they told them, about worldwide floods... purely coincidence Tongue

Whatever you want to believe Smile

You are really thick aren't you? Did you ride the short bus to school? Let me see if I can dumb it down for you....

It doesn't matter if EVERY person on the earth thinks a great global flood happened, the facts and evidence show otherwise. case closed. Fairy tales aren't evidence. The evidence shows that a global wide epic flood never happened.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
05-11-2014, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 06:21 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(05-11-2014 04:55 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 04:32 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  For the record there is one jesus story - the so-called gospel of mark - which wasn't named until the late 2d century.

All the other horseshit is derived from it.

Sort of like jesus fanfics!

Sure... that's why we have a gospel of Mark fragment from the mid first century Wink

[Image: markpapyrusfragment.jpg]

Most modern scholars reject the tradition which ascribes it to Mark the Evangelist, the companion of Peter, and regard it as the work of an unknown author working with various sources including collections of miracle stories, controversy stories, parables, and a passion narrative.

read that again...so what does your fragment of some ramblings from anonymous writers based on parables mean exactly? Why should we do anything but wipe our ass on that fabric of toilet paper?...and since "Mark" was the basis for the others, they are all based on a writing by anonymous authors based on parables, miracles stories and a passion narrative....lol...you can't make this shit up folks...well, actually you can apparently, it is called the bible. And wolfy, being especially bright, fell for it hook, line and seeker. What other dumb ass fairy tales do you believe in? Aliens on earth? Inner thetan souls within our bodies? Bigfoot? fairies? Loch ness monster perhaps? unicorns? no? Why? If you are gullible enough to believe a story about an invisible genie who blew into a handful of dirt to create man, you are dumb enough to believe anything.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
05-11-2014, 06:33 PM
(05-11-2014 06:12 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 03:01 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  nah its just coincidence that every ancient civilization had stories that were ancient when they told them, about worldwide floods... purely coincidence Tongue

You are really thick aren't you? Did you ride the short bus to school? Let me see if I can dumb it down for you....

It doesn't matter if EVERY person on the earth thinks a great global flood happened, the facts and evidence show otherwise. case closed. Fairy tales aren't evidence. The evidence shows that a global wide epic flood never happened.

It's like you were talking to a Christian or something, it just doesn't "think" in. Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
05-11-2014, 06:55 PM
(05-11-2014 03:01 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 02:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  .

nah its just coincidence that every ancient civilization had stories that were ancient when they told them, about worldwide floods... purely coincidence Tongue

With that logic then there are also dragons flying around. Every culture has "little people" like gnomes, elves, brownies, and dwarves. Also vampires or other blood suckers are very prevalent.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 3 users Like grizzlysnake's post
05-11-2014, 07:00 PM
(05-11-2014 06:55 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 03:01 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  nah its just coincidence that every ancient civilization had stories that were ancient when they told them, about worldwide floods... purely coincidence Tongue

With that logic then there are also dragons flying around. Every culture has "little people" like gnomes, elves, brownies, and dwarves. Also vampires or other blood suckers are very prevalent.

And trolls, don't forget trolls.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
05-11-2014, 07:06 PM
When are we gonna ban that troll?
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
05-11-2014, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 07:17 PM by Minimalist.)
(05-11-2014 04:55 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 04:32 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  For the record there is one jesus story - the so-called gospel of mark - which wasn't named until the late 2d century.

All the other horseshit is derived from it.

Sort of like jesus fanfics!

Sure... that's why we have a gospel of Mark fragment from the mid first century Wink

Oh not the Jose O'Callaghan bullshit again. You are easily impressed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7Q5

Which makes you and the moron who found it the only two shitheads who believe it.

Quote:the majority of scholars have not been convinced by O'Callaghan's and Thiede's identification[1][2] and it is "now virtually universally rejected".[3][4]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
05-11-2014, 07:14 PM

Because all the civilizations who witnessed the worldwide flood, wrote about it. Everybody knows that. Drinking Beverage
[+] 4 users Like TheBear's post