If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
(05-11-2014 07:14 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 03:01 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  nah its just coincidence that every ancient civilization had stories that were ancient when they told them, about worldwide floods... purely coincidence Tongue

Whatever you want to believe Smile

Because all the civilizations who witnessed the worldwide flood, wrote about it. Everybody knows that. Drinking Beverage

who knew all those dead people had the frame of mind to write down they were drowning because of a great flood, then bury it in a water tight vessel, for future generations to find and build a tradition upon....so those 6 ppl (Noah and wife don't count, senior citizens arent built for reproduction) repopulated the earth, and those people changed races, and covered the earth, and stumbled upon the water tight vessel buried under what must have been a mile of dirt from the flood...and discovered....OMG! The world was destroyed by a flood, hey lets create a story about this and hand it down to our children.......and this makes sense how? lol

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
05-11-2014, 07:28 PM
(05-11-2014 07:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 06:55 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  With that logic then there are also dragons flying around. Every culture has "little people" like gnomes, elves, brownies, and dwarves. Also vampires or other blood suckers are very prevalent.

And trolls, don't forget trolls.

Except we KNOW where the trolls are.

(Hint: they're here)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
05-11-2014, 07:38 PM
(05-11-2014 07:27 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  who knew all those dead people had the frame of mind to write down they were drowning because of a great flood, then bury it in a water tight vessel, for future generations to find and build a tradition upon....so those 6 ppl (Noah and wife don't count, senior citizens arent built for reproduction) repopulated the earth, and those people changed races, and covered the earth, and stumbled upon the water tight vessel buried under what must have been a mile of dirt from the flood...and discovered....OMG! The world was destroyed by a flood, hey lets create a story about this and hand it down to our children.......and this makes sense how? lol

No, Noah's descendents found all the pre-flood architecture, clothing, literature, etc as they moved in to the areas and adopted the history of the local area and wrote stories remembering the flood but changing all of the details to match the local culture that they were now claiming to be. See, no need for the drowning people to write it down!

Since we know that local floods don't happen all over the world and that people don't write about them or talk about them the only conclusion must be that any story of a big flood must refer to Noah's flood. Facepalm

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
05-11-2014, 07:50 PM
(05-11-2014 07:27 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 07:14 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Because all the civilizations who witnessed the worldwide flood, wrote about it. Everybody knows that. Drinking Beverage

who knew all those dead people had the frame of mind to write down they were drowning because of a great flood, then bury it in a water tight vessel, for future generations to find and build a tradition upon....so those 6 ppl (Noah and wife don't count, senior citizens arent built for reproduction) repopulated the earth, and those people changed races, and covered the earth, and stumbled upon the water tight vessel buried under what must have been a mile of dirt from the flood...and discovered....OMG! The world was destroyed by a flood, hey lets create a story about this and hand it down to our children.......and this makes sense how? lol

Maybe he's referring to the Zanclean Deluge of 5,330,000 BCE? Maybe someone remembered it? Methuselah perhaps? But then this doesn't jive with the earth being 6,000 years old Consider So many hoops to jump through to make the Babble agree to what we actually know and can prove.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanclean_flood

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
05-11-2014, 08:12 PM
(05-11-2014 07:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 07:27 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  who knew all those dead people had the frame of mind to write down they were drowning because of a great flood, then bury it in a water tight vessel, for future generations to find and build a tradition upon....so those 6 ppl (Noah and wife don't count, senior citizens arent built for reproduction) repopulated the earth, and those people changed races, and covered the earth, and stumbled upon the water tight vessel buried under what must have been a mile of dirt from the flood...and discovered....OMG! The world was destroyed by a flood, hey lets create a story about this and hand it down to our children.......and this makes sense how? lol

Maybe he's referring to the Zanclean Deluge of 5,330,000 BCE? Maybe someone remembered it? Methuselah perhaps? But then this doesn't jive with the earth being 6,000 years old Consider So many hoops to jump through to make the Babble agree to what we actually know and can prove.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanclean_flood
You believe the world is 6000 years old? Are you a fucking moron? lol Laughat
05-11-2014, 08:15 PM
(05-11-2014 07:38 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

No, Noah's descendents found all the pre-flood architecture, clothing, literature, etc as they moved in to the areas and adopted the history of the local area and wrote stories remembering the flood but changing all of the details to match the local culture that they were now claiming to be. See, no need for the drowning people to write it down!

Since we know that local floods don't happen all over the world and that people don't write about them or talk about them the only conclusion must be that any story of a big flood must refer to Noah's flood. Facepalm

Abrahams ancestors were settled in Mesopotamia about the time they sprang up... they shared the same story, and it was ancient when THEY wrote it down. The flood is a worldwide phenomenon in that every ancient culture around the world shares the exact same story with no variance from the MAIN theme.
05-11-2014, 08:18 PM
(05-11-2014 06:12 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 03:01 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  nah its just coincidence that every ancient civilization had stories that were ancient when they told them, about worldwide floods... purely coincidence Tongue

Whatever you want to believe Smile

You are really thick aren't you? Did you ride the short bus to school? Let me see if I can dumb it down for you....

It doesn't matter if EVERY person on the earth thinks a great global flood happened, the facts and evidence show otherwise. case closed. Fairy tales aren't evidence. The evidence shows that a global wide epic flood never happened.

Tell me something... where were the continents 10,000 years ago? 50,000 years ago? 100,000? And how high was mount Everest and all the other mountain ranges at the time?
05-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Quite interesting that once wolf and whatwasithinking were called out for being sock accounts, one of them stopped posting. Seriously, why are these accounts not banned yet???

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 5 users Like Smercury44's post
05-11-2014, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 08:35 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-11-2014 08:18 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Tell me something... where were the continents 10,000 years ago? 50,000 years ago? 100,000?

You no know how to google plate tectonics? How 'bout 400,000,000 years ago. ... fucking uninformed uneducated idjit.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-11-2014, 08:42 PM
(05-11-2014 08:15 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 07:38 PM)unfogged Wrote:  No, Noah's descendents found all the pre-flood architecture, clothing, literature, etc as they moved in to the areas and adopted the history of the local area and wrote stories remembering the flood but changing all of the details to match the local culture that they were now claiming to be. See, no need for the drowning people to write it down!

Abrahams ancestors were settled in Mesopotamia about the time they sprang up... they shared the same story, and it was ancient when THEY wrote it down. The flood is a worldwide phenomenon in that every ancient culture around the world shares the exact same story with no variance from the MAIN theme.

Wrong Flea Bite.
FLOOD STORIES and FLOODS are common to many cultures. There is no way to assume they were talking about ONE GREAT flood.
You have no clue what Abrahams acestors did or didn't do. In fact Archaeology has PROVEN there was no Abraham (as told in the Bible) possible. Abraham was a MYTH.

If you had taken ONE science class you would get why the video I posed about the cheetah demonstrates that the flood is DISPROVEN by what we observe about genetic variation. (If you ever go to school. teacher will explain to you what those big words mean.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post