If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 06:03 AM
RE: If you believe Alexander the Great existed, then why not Jesus?
(05-11-2014 09:46 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Hmmm... That's funny... I'v been told by readers here I'm teaching them how to fk up an atheist. I'll take that Smile

Link please otherwise we'll assume that you are lying again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 06:10 AM
(06-11-2014 12:30 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  and 4, Yes I'v played you guys like a fiddle... for 3 pages HERE I even had them defending someone i said was homophobic lmao

They didn't even know I was fking with them and they were being laughed at by an audience Smile

So you are admitting to deliberately trolling and spamming the forum?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
06-11-2014, 06:25 AM
Lol, looks like Wolfjob had his fun with the sauce last night. I missed peckering him at his peak craziness

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-11-2014, 06:35 AM
One thing I can't quite figure out... Why Alexander? Is he supposed to hold some major importance to me? Before this thread, I had never considered that he might have been a fabrication. Now that I have considered it, I still don't care. The acts and stories attributed to him are significantly more believable than the magic tales of Jesus.

I will continue to not worship or think about Alexander, or let him affect my daily life. We have such little time to look around.

Whether they be embellished or complete fabrications; why fixate on ancient legends?
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
06-11-2014, 07:00 AM
Wow this thread got huge fast. Looks like the OP decided to let Wolfbitn "take over" the discussion. If only there were an easy way to manage multiple forum accounts. [/first world problems]
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-11-2014, 07:19 AM
(05-11-2014 11:45 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I'm just a big manly man.
....... til I wake up dead one day realizing, when I died my existence didn't cease to exist
Amen

Sure you are. Sure you are.

Now all ya gotta do is explain how one "wakes up" with no circulating cortisol, and no functioning brain cells, (since never once in history of the planet that's ever happened), and we'll be all good.

Take your time, sweetie.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-11-2014, 07:33 AM
I know I’m late to the game here, but the answer to the OP’s question is we do have better evidence for the existence of Alexander than we do for Jesus. For one there is a surviving primary source that tells us not only that Alexander existed, but that he really did do at least some of the things that were written about him. Cuneiform tablets discovered at the Esagila temple complex in Babylon recorded both Alexander’s defeat of Darius at the battle of Gaugamela, and his death in June 323 BC. The information recorded on these tablets is an original firsthand contemporary account of these events. It validates the same information found in later histories written about Alexander.

Historians also give more credence to the surviving secondary and tertiary sources for the existence of Alexander because many of them were written as a historical record. They cite sources for the information contained in them. While the primary sources for these documents have been lost to time multiple references to them throughout history gives weight to their existence. This kind of documentation is simply not available for the acts of Jesus.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
06-11-2014, 07:43 AM
(06-11-2014 07:33 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  I know I’m late to the game here, but the answer to the OP’s question is we do have better evidence for the existence of Alexander than we do for Jesus. For one there is a surviving primary source that tells us not only that Alexander existed, but that he really did do at least some of the things that were written about him. Cuneiform tablets discovered at the Esagila temple complex in Babylon recorded both Alexander’s defeat of Darius at the battle of Gaugamela, and his death in June 323 BC. The information recorded on these tablets is an original firsthand contemporary account of these events. It validates the same information found in later histories written about Alexander.

Historians also give more credence to the surviving secondary and tertiary sources for the existence of Alexander because many of them were written as a historical record. They cite sources for the information contained in them. While the primary sources for these documents have been lost to time multiple references to them throughout history gives weight to their existence. This kind of documentation is simply not available for the acts of Jesus.

Good try, but you are going to get a moron label, enjoy. Wolfie has already dismissed several bits of information showing there are secondary documents from the 1st century BC thru 1st century AD that reference the contemporary primary documents. He has also totally ignored the contemporary archaeological evidence of the existence of Alexander.

Beat you head against this.... It will be more productive and hurt less
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmqmGWwYJP5ulWfFnpFDj...TW_yrk48Lg]
06-11-2014, 07:48 AM
(06-11-2014 06:10 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 12:30 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  and 4, Yes I'v played you guys like a fiddle... for 3 pages HERE I even had them defending someone i said was homophobic lmao

They didn't even know I was fking with them and they were being laughed at by an audience Smile

So you are admitting to deliberately trolling and spamming the forum?

Wolf had invited several of his friends to read along. When else has there been over 150 guests on this forum? He was playing to an audience.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
06-11-2014, 08:09 AM

Not really. I knew not to take you seriously from the first post of yours that I read. This was further supported by your inability to go off script and actually deal with rebuttals to the things you say. The only reason you're not on ignore yet is because you still offer a small amount of entertainment value. Most of our trolls don't say things so profoundly stupid; they jump straight into being offensive.

Don't worry. Once people get sick of talking to you, you can go back to concern-trolling us with your WhatWasIThinking account.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post